Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: House on the Hill

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
House on the Hill

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Don't worry Jim, I don't turn the video off after Yahtzee. Though I feel that watching says more about me than you.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Actually Jim I'd say by my score-count you often bring the better presentations (though you're both brilliant). Though I must say this particular one didn't tickle my fancy as much as the others. :p

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
karma9308 said:
Don't worry Jim, I don't turn the video off after Yahtzee. Though I feel that watching says more about me than you.
seconded, I love his twists and turns, taking it weird places. O Jim you're like a teenage girl posting selfies on facebook.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I never turn it off after Yahtzee is done.

Although you do occasionally make me regret that decision.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Damnit Jim, if you try to get Ace Of Bass stuck in my head, I will turn it off after Yahtzee!

I kid, I could never do such a thing, your poems never cease to amaze me. What form that amazement might be, on the other hand...

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Jim's got a good thing going as a mad poet, I think, probably works well as an outlet to keep greater insanity out of the Jimquisition, where he's got something easier to understand to say. Not that I'm not enjoying the surreal weirdness.

Also: Figures Yahtzee would live in a horror setting, suppose he'll be trying Castle Brenenburg next?

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Zero Serenity said:
Jim got a nice zing in there. I think he is parodying something, but am unsure what. Anyone know?
I'm pretty sure he's just doing it for shits and giggles at this point

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
I didn't think people turning the vid off halfway was a thing.
Never know if it's good or not until you watch it.

LaughingAtlas said:
Jim's got a good thing going as a mad poet
That being said, I would say Yahtzee is the better wordsmith and Jim is doing well as a Mad Poet.

Think of it like this: They both have the same basic class, but have clearly gone down different skilltrees. :p

FightingFurball

Jul 26, 2011
KOMega said:
I didn't think people turning the vid off halfway was a thing.
Never know if it's good or not until you watch it.

LaughingAtlas said:
Jim's got a good thing going as a mad poet
That being said, I would say Yahtzee is the better wordsmith and Jim is doing well as a Mad Poet.

Think of it like this: They both have the same basic class, but have clearly gone down different skilltrees. :p
They are both bards while Yahtzee is maximizing social skills and inspirational songs, Jim is going full battle nerf by maximizing 'Song of Confusion' to epic levels.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Jim, every poem you post definitely shows us another side of your twisted personality... and that's a good thing.

Yahtzee, you might wanna find another place aside from Raccoon City. It's pretty much gone to hell after the gangs of action genre and QTE's moved in.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
:) I always listen to you both, Jim. [sub](That said, 0_0 you freak me out sometimes.)[/sub]

You both should make some poetry for the Escapist Expo! :D That would be great!

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
I'm new-ish here, so I can't profess to know a lot about Jim, but it seems that his 'descent into madness' is a deliberate choice to spite the naysayers who think he's awful. And if that really is the case, good on him. I enjoy both of them immensely.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
hazydawn said:
Maybe it's because I'm tired but I didn't get either of those :/
Yahtzee's is about the Resident Evil games over time, I think, and Jim is just being Jim in Nintendo land. ;D