Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: House on the Hill

compaqdeskpro

Apr 15, 2013
What does the clown who lets the sink overflow and all the terrible neighbors represent?
Who is Ganendorf?
What does he have to do with Mario?
What is Raccoon City?

I enjoy this show but you both completely lost me on this one.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
With Yahtzee mocking Jim's loud exclamation of "METAPHOR!" and Jim complaining that people are tuning out once Yahtzee is done, I think people will look back one day and peg this as the beginning of the end of the Rhymedown Spectacular. Though probably not until their bodies have been recovered, hands still wrapped around the others' throat.

Stryphoon

Dec 27, 2009
Liked this weeks as normal, until Jim's little comment about people turning off after Yahtzee. This was never supposed to be a popularity contest, this should have been obvious from the start as it is just two guys standing in front of a camera reading poetry, the popularity of which has diminished substantially in the past 500 years or so. It was just two guys who were good with words and who had an odd quirk or two expressing their creativity.

But Jim through that idea out the window and revealed it was all just a popularity contest which he was upset about because he believes he is losing at it? I expect better from Jim, in the past few years he managed to really turn me around on my opinion of him, I respected his love if the industry and the ideals he feels it represents. For him to do this now, and its this way, spits in the face of everything I believed he stood for, what I respected him for, what I admired him for.

There is a very strong possibility that I am just angry at Jim for getting two hideous tunes in my head (those being "Tickling Ganondorf" and "I saw the sign", obviously)

drschplatt

Aug 18, 2010
I didn't really get what Yahtzee was getting at. Jim's was pretty funny and I always watch them both.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
compaqdeskpro said:
What does the clown who lets the sink overflow and all the terrible neighbors represent?
Who is Ganendorf?
What does he have to do with Mario?
What is Raccoon City?

I enjoy this show but you both completely lost me on this one.
1) If you're talking about Yatzhee's poem, I think the neighbors are the residents of Silent Hill.
2) Ganondorf is the main villain of the Legend of Zelda games...
3) ...Which are made by Nintendo, hence the Mario reference.
4)Racoon City is the main setting of the first Resident Evil (and maybe 2 and 3, I'm not sure). Yatzhee's poem was talking about life in a town from an horror game (presumably SH). He ends the poem saying he'll move to Racoon City to improve his current situation (which is funny because RE is also a horror game).