Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Sometimes I Join Empty Servers

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Sometimes I Join Empty Servers

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
One poet espousing the virtues of competing against no-one, and one poet deciding not to compete. Was this planned I wonder?

I kind of want to join an empty server now. It sounds nice.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
canadamus_prime said:
So no poem from Jim this week. Wonder why you even bothered to film yourself playing Killzone.
Probably because if he didn't film himself everyone would fill the thread with questions of "Where's Jim?"

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
That was a brilliant poem, Jim.

I'm tempted to join an empty server now, but I know that doing so would be a mistake.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
So no poem from Jim this week. Wonder why you even bothered to film yourself playing Killzone.
He drove all the way from Mississipi to Escapist HQ for that Killzone. They probably reminded him "Hey, you haven't done your Rhymedown poem" and he just threw that down.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Chessrook44 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Probably because if he didn't film himself everyone would fill the thread with questions of "Where's Jim?"
Fair enough I suppose. Still seemed unnecessary. Could've just put up some text saying "Jim couldn't make it this week, was too busy playing Killzone."

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
You know what: Jimmy can do whatever he want as long he don't find out that Tharja from Fire Emblem: Awakening may be bisexual.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Not sure if... aw what the hell- (whispers) I think he was trying to be cheeky... He has a tendency to do that... You know like a joke...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
BrownGaijin said:
canadamus_prime said:
Not sure if... aw what the hell- (whispers) I think he was trying to be cheeky... He has a tendency to do that... You know like a joke...
Not sure if what? Joking? No I wasn't joking. And if he was trying to be cheeky, the cheekiness was lost on me.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
Yahtzee, the accidental tourist. I often go into Rapture just to wander around. Sometimes I find things I've never seen before.
Jim, if you had managed nine more syllables, you would have had a haiku.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Because he likes giving people the middle finger? It's exactly what I expected.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
canadamus_prime said:
Chessrook44 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Fair enough I suppose. Still seemed unnecessary. Could've just put up some text saying "Jim couldn't make it this week, was too busy playing Killzone."
That's not as funny.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
That was pure art Jim. I am weeping tear full saturated with emotion. Your poetry speaks to me on levels I never even knew I had.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Guess we won't hear from Jim for awhile. He's off killing the Helghast on PS4.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Chessrook44 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Chessrook44 said:
canadamus_prime said:
That's not as funny.
Well I didn't find what he did funny. I suppose I should've expected it though.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Chessrook44 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Chessrook44 said:
canadamus_prime said:
That's not as funny.
Well I didn't find what he did funny. I suppose I should've expected it though.
He did it before with the Jimquisition for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, if that makes any difference.