Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: To Kill a Microsoft-bird

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Jim won, primarily because Yahtzee was disqualified for not making a poem. His was just a story. Seriously, where was the rhyming, the pattern, anything? YAHTZEE FAILED THIS WEEK.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I will be honest, I didn't like Yahtzee's this week. The point was good, but the rhyming method kept throwing me.

Jim's was fantastic, especially the last line.

Desert Punk said:
Chessrook44 said:
Jim won, primarily because Yahtzee was disqualified for not making a poem. His was just a story. Seriously, where was the rhyming, the pattern, anything? YAHTZEE FAILED THIS WEEK.
While listening to yahtzee's I heard maybe 2 rhymes during the story. I dont know if its due to his timing or what but it just wasnt up to snuff.
He used alternate lines (I forget the technical term, rhyming couplets perhaps?):

There once was a man called James.
He was a little bit flash.
His favourite past time was games.
Which he purchased with his cash.

It requires a certain pacing to work, and with the pirate speech I found it difficult to keep with it.

FightingFurball

Jul 26, 2011
contla said:
Jim has the voice of an angel. Those little fat baby ones.
cupids then :)
Next thing he will stalk the roofs in underwear shooting arrows at random people spreading love :)

Anyway it looked like he was extremely happy :)

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Jim's got a surprisingly good singing voice, within his normal range.

I liked Yahtzee's too, but apparently the pirate voice is a bit too harsh for his vocal cords.

Vicioussama

Jun 5, 2008
Desert Punk said:
Chessrook44 said:
While listening to yahtzee's I heard maybe 2 rhymes during the story. I dont know if its due to his timing or what but it just wasnt up to snuff.
You guys realize poetry doesn't HAVE to rhyme right? Though it is called the Rhymedown sooo lol. Conflicting.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I swear if you guys do it this week ... *Looks up*

Oh mother fu-
I'm sure you guys know this ... deep down inside your souls, this isn't a competition. =_=

OT: I like both this week.
They had a different theme going this week with great topics to go with it.
Though I like the irony at the end of the first, but I felt the heat coming from the last one. XD

EDIT: I see that some/the majority didn't treat this as a competition ... my hope is being restored!

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
Long shall Jack Tretton's name be sung and his deeds immortalized...

It is funny how quickly things have changed. Sony's initial reveal was not very good and now they're heroes. It's not even that they did anything particularly well, they just didn't do anything horribly wrong. It's really quite sad. Sony didn't win me over, but Microsoft converted me to Sony. I was strictly a 360 user, but when I finely do get a new console it definitely will not be an Xbox and unfortunately for them, it seems like I'm not even close to being alone.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
contla said:
Jim has the voice of an angel. Those little fat baby ones.

That was beautiful Jim! :D Thank you.

Yahtzee's was a bit unconventional, but ya can tell he tried to make it entertaining. Seemed to be sick. Poor guy.
Was pretty good anyway.

Captcha: for whom does the bell toll?

It tolls for the Xbone. ;p

IKWerewolf

Jan 13, 2011
Two clever pieces... although Yathzee needs to choose a better voice that doesn't choke him to death.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Oh that was too good.
I think I cried a little at the end of Jim's song.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Both great, but I'm staying in camp Jim for this one. A ballad of unparalleled beauty my good man!

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
I really hate the fact people have to declare a winner every week between these two excellent pieces of work.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
That was the best piece so far and, for the first time, I really think Jim had the better piece. I never knew that he could sing like that!

saxman234

Nov 23, 2011
This is the best show on the escapist, every week this show makes me laugh. Thanks Yahtzee and Jim!