Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: To Kill a Microsoft-bird

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
To those who have brought it up, I say given that Yahtzee has never been shy about cutting out footage, I think we can assume that the coughing was part of the joke.

Two laugh out loud entries this week, Messrs. Croshaw and Sterling. Stay the course, for you're doing excellently.

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
Chessrook44 said:
Jim won, primarily because Yahtzee was disqualified for not making a poem. His was just a story. Seriously, where was the rhyming, the pattern, anything? YAHTZEE FAILED THIS WEEK.
Outside of couplets, ABAB is one of the most basic rhyme schemes. Yahtzee's first poem also used it or something more complicated than couplets. A later one was so extremely sing-songy / Dr Seuss that I wondered if he made it that way on purpose in response to these "It doesn't even rhyme!" posts. Of course, poems don't have to rhyme either.

eBusiness

Sep 19, 2012
@[user]Jimothy Sterling[/user] Ain't that horse dead yet?

And you forgot to mention that the hero only banished the dragon in order to take the villagers' gold for himself. Just because he is not as bad as the dragon doesn't mean he is a clean cut good guy.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Jim should sing more, I agree. Also, Yahtzee gotta step up and sing his own now. Either that or these guys get together through Skype and do a duet.

Captcha: usual suspects
I was quite surprised actually, how about you?

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
They both did fantastic jobs this week.

I was kinda surprised by the end of Yahtzee's poem. Is the indie market going the route of the AAA or something? Because that's a terrifying thought.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
contla said:
Jim has the voice of an angel. Those little fat baby ones.
Cherubs?

Also, Jim, I would have enjoyed your singsong more if Sony hadn't tried the same shit with the PS3. It's hard to hold them up as heroes when a few short years ago we were being told "We can charge whatever we want and our fans will buy it".

I enjoyed watching Sony hand one to MS as much as the next guy. But I wouldn't be too quick to sing their praises. They simply had NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE but to be pro-consumer. And when they thought they had an option less than a decade ago, they weren't.

There are no heroes here. Only the ones who are infringing on our rights, by lesser degrees of magnitude.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Jim is not supposed to use metaphors, this series has been RUINED FOREVER.

That was a joke, a bad one I?m sure.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Best episode ever, first Yahtzee does one of his best pieces, with a hilarious pirate accent, and a comedy eyepatch under a pair of glasses. I couldn't think anyone could top that.

But then Jim knocked it out of the bloody park! Who knew he could sing :)

First time I can remember 2 masterpieces in the same video. Well play guys.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011

Thank you, thank you so much. That is all I have to say.

[sub]Okay, in the interest of avoiding mod wrath I'll also say that Jim's Alien collection gives me great envy.[/sub]

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Chessrook44 said:
Jim won, primarily because Yahtzee was disqualified for not making a poem. His was just a story. Seriously, where was the rhyming, the pattern, anything? YAHTZEE FAILED THIS WEEK.
o_o umm, there actually was a solid rhyme scheme, it was just longer verses and an alternating rhyme so i suppose it could be easily lost in the pirate voice as well. Still, it really was there.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
ZZoMBiE13 said:
contla said:
Jim has the voice of an angel. Those little fat baby ones.
Cherubs?

Also, Jim, I would have enjoyed your singsong more if Sony hadn't tried the same shit with the PS3. It's hard to hold them up as heroes when a few short years ago we were being told "We can charge whatever we want and our fans will buy it".

I enjoyed watching Sony hand one to MS as much as the next guy. But I wouldn't be too quick to sing their praises. They simply had NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE but to be pro-consumer. And when they thought they had an option less than a decade ago, they weren't.

There are no heroes here. Only the ones who are infringing on our rights, by lesser degrees of magnitude.
Well put good sir, well put.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Mumorpuger said:
I really hate the fact people have to declare a winner every week between these two excellent pieces of work.
Agreed, i loved Croshaw's eyepatch and pirate voice, was quite funny and unexpected. I'ld love to be caught off-gaurd like that more often.

KR4U55

Mar 12, 2012
I had some problems with both dear writers' metric, but I can appreciate their take on artistic lisence for this one.

Also "blob blob blob blob blob."