Jimquisition: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
rollerfox88 said:
Im glad the Escapist have solved all their money issues. (As they obviously have if they are paying this guy to not do his job because he was too busy playing computer games...)
You do realise he's paid to play video games as he does have another job as Reviews Editor for Destructiod? And that This is a site about video game culture reviews, and the like?

You just contradicted the whole point of this site. and destruction.

NKnight

Jul 31, 2010
Seriously? I've stoped watching Jim quite sometime ago, but I gave this one a chance because it's about Deus Ex, and them... seriously? I just now notice the irony of asking for a longer episode. Maybe it's for the best. Probably it would be the same as asking for a extra minute or two in a torture chamber. Thanks Jim.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
rollerfox88 said:
42 said:
rollerfox88 said:
Im glad the Escapist have solved all their money issues. (As they obviously have if they are paying this guy to not do his job because he was too busy playing computer games...)
You do realise he's paid to play video games as he does have another job as Reviews Editor for Destructiod? And that This is a site about video game culture reviews, and the like?

You just contradicted the whole point of this site. and destruction.
So youre saying its OK not to do your second job, so long as you put the effort in for your main job? His job here is to produce a video based around a central concept of his choosing, which saying "I was playing a game" doesnt really strike me as doing...
Well people put more effort into their main job. meh who cares, he'll probably get back to the hot topics next week.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
Dok Zombie said:
5th comment down, some spastic with a Gears Of War avatar: "No multiplayer? Guess will be picking it up used."

THIS LITTLE TURD IS THE CAUSE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH THE VIDEOGAME INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW.

/allofmyrageandcaps
Is it wrong to save the experience (which will remain the same in 2 months time or maybe even improve) for a later date and cheaper price?
Not at all, I often wait for games to be cheaper/pre-owned. What pissed me off was the fact that a lack of multiplayer somehow downgrades the game in this guys opinion. It's comments like his that make developers think they have to shoehorn multiplayer into titles that don't need it, to the detriment of the single player experience. It's not like there's no multiplayer games to choose from, so why dedicate time/effort/employees to a tacked on multiplayer that could be better served polishing the single player, case in point, Bioshock 2.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Dok Zombie said:
Not at all, I often wait for games to be cheaper/pre-owned. What pissed me off was the fact that a lack of multiplayer somehow downgrades the game in this guys opinion. It's comments like his that make developers think they have to shoehorn multiplayer into titles that don't need it, to the detriment of the single player experience. It's not like there's no multiplayer games to choose from, so why dedicate time/effort/employees to a tacked on multiplayer that could be better served polishing the single player, case in point, Bioshock 2.
Well said, I never considered the fact that Developers/ Publishers might take notice of comments like his. Although he never actually said a lack of Multiplayer made the game any worse.

And I never played BioShock 2 so I can't agree with you there.

Kenji_03

May 12, 2007
Kevlar Eater said:
Wait, so this was basically a two minute ad for this game?

Ah well. He's made a video much shorter than this.
Not amused, Next week had better be really thoughtful to make up for this.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Well, as of about 11 hours ago, my copy of DXHR is officially "shipped". So now there's just the waiting for it to actually turn up. And probably having to go to work the moment it does and not be able to play it. Sigh.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011

Jim was devoured by Imps in the next panel :( but I cba to draw it...

Its so fail that the UK had to wait like another 3 days for release -.- what are they doing adding the u's?

Amyler

Nov 17, 2009
This is actually the first time I've ever heard of a game journalist going "Fuck it, a game we've all been waiting for came out, shut up and let me play it." That amuses me more than it should.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
So, Jim, your a journalist? Yet you keep making episodes re-stating flawed or flawless topics and never actually doing anything new a good 70% of the time.

"Well I feel journalism is stating everything in a arrogant, asshole tone, then completely changing the act half way through for something tolerable. Instead of focusing on the issues at hand, I ham handedly respond to comments on the website I'm working on."

So when are you going to actually do some journalism.

"When I feel like it."
Jim, do your job.

And thats basically a conversation about Jims career from his own to my perspective. *Its very exaggerated* My problem is he TRIED or is TRYING to tackle hard issues, sexism, and plenty of others, but since his persona is getting in the way, you can't take, even good points, seriously, because he just tosses away good points for more filler room of him gloating over everyone else. Glad I read the comments and learned this was an ad, now I can go watch the professional one and get the same effect, THANKS ESCAPIST! *tosses tea tray at waiters face, blinding him permanently while grumbling over the loss of Extra Credits.*
I mean, REALLY!? I could stand if you actually just ditched the persona for your news things, then every OTHER day *sunday or something* you do these types of episodes. It would give you room to be as silly as you god damn want, and let me watch you actually discussing like a journalist, it would be really, really nice. I just can't dig it right now with your current style, I just can NOT.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
rollerfox88 said:
42 said:
rollerfox88 said:

You just contradicted the whole point of this site. and destructiod.
So youre saying its OK not to do your second job, so long as you put the effort in for your main job? His job here is to produce a video based around a central concept of his choosing, which saying "I was playing a game" doesnt really strike me as doing...
Well hey he is human, and you can't expect everyone to meet expectations. i mean you have to be realistic about the situation. at least he explained why there wasn't an episode rather than leaving people in the dark and then make a video the next week. but then again my argument will prove fruitless and pointless as i then also realise that he gives too little a shit about people who complain and/or defend about the content he puts out.