Jimquisition: Five Scary Games For Halloween Probably

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Holy shit, I'm glad I stuck around after the credits. That got a massive belly laugh out of me.

luske3

Mar 5, 2014
It's too bad Jim wasn't really a fan of The Evil Within. For me it was a great, atmospheric, gory horror game with limited ammo and creepy enemies around every corner.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
If you can get your hands on a copy of Punchline's Rule of Rose, few scarier games exist. Then again, I might be biased. I'm deathly frightened of children.

Mr. Clarinet

Sep 20, 2012
That Clocktower 3 scene looks like any other scene of Jim tormenting Jonathan Holmes.
Seriously its like the writer channelled Jim Sterling while he came up with things for the 'orrible man to say.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
themilo504 said:
00.38 I was expecting a gamergate joke, but you saved that one for after the credits, sigh how I just wish that gamergate people would stop bothering you, it?s only making them look bad.
Maybe if he didnt constantly try to insult all gamers people would stop bothering him?

ThreeName said:
This has been pissing me off for a while now. Why the hell is the audio in these videos so much higher than other Escapist videos? My ears bleed every damn time because it's turned up after Feed Dump and ZP. Grah.
Because Jim appears to be the only one that does proper audio levels.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Fuck, that Clocktower scene. That was probably the most horrifying scene I ever saw in a video game. I don't play many horror games since I can't stand the jump scares but other than that I love everything about them and this was perfect. The peaceful start made perfect alchemy with the sudden brutality which would otherwise look cartoonish. Only detail that keeps it from being perfect is that I expected people to scream harder when they are being dunked face first in acid together with their own mother (or whatever is the relation there) than they would while being chased.

Thank you Jim, you shocked me.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Aww, no Corpse Party mention. People really should give that series a try.
Donnicton said:
Jim, being a fellow Vita fan, have you tried Corpse Party yet?

The game looks like something that fell out of RPG Maker, but if you combine it with a dark room and some headphones, it will be an experience you won't soon forget.
It doesn't look like it, it really is an old RPG maker game which they prettied up, added voice acting to and released for us.