Jimquisition: Fun Pay Wall

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
The ultimate irony would have been to charge 1.99$ to be able to see this video.

LordMithril

Jul 10, 2010
Murlin said:
The ultimate irony would have been to charge 1.99$ to be able to see this video.
No that's for the next verse. Which will be release tomorrow as DLC.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Wonderwall by Oasis

This sir is a wonderful whatever you call it of that song.

RikuoAmero

Jan 27, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
Wonderwall by Oasis

This sir is a wonderful whatever you call it of that song.
I was thinking this was a parody/whatever you call it of Robie/Robin (which is it?) Williams. Truly I am an otaku who loathes (most of) western pop culture.

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
LordMithril said:
Murlin said:
No that's for the next verse. Which will be release tomorrow as DLC.
And if you don't like it you'll be able to purchase auto-tune for only 5,99$!
Or perhaps you'd like to quit the page?
999'999,99$! what a steal!

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
The moment I saw Jim's face and lyrics beneath the video I knew that it was going to be glorious. I was right.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Honestly, not the worst version of Wonderwall I've heard. But then again, I live across from two pubs, both of which have karaoke nights, so that isn't really saying much.

I enjoyed the rendition anyway, Jim.

GeneralBigG

Environmentalist Clarksonian
Jun 26, 2012
Thank GOD, for you Jim!

I've been playing Forza since number 2 (with the exception of Horizon), but what Turn10 are doing with their current DLC strategy is - pardon my French - an absolute fucking disgrace! The bloody season pass is more expensive than the game. A launch title (and their inflated costs) for the love of you! Safe to say, I won't be buying any DLC for Forza 5.

I do think that Ryse has a half-decent strategy. It gives a good selection of maps for multiplayer, and the only things you can spend real money on are costumes and nowhere near enough in game currency. The season pass is for 14 maps (how that gets split between 4 packs, I don't know. Probably taking a leaf out of 343's books), 6 costumes and a sword and shield (don't know how good the sword and shield are, and won't because I won't be buying the season pass. If they got rid of the ability to purchase gold, it would be a good way of doing things. Not the best, but better than quite a few recent games.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
GeneralBigG said:
I've been playing Forza since number 2 (with the exception of Horizon), but what Turn10 are doing with their current DLC strategy is - pardon my French - an absolute fucking disgrace! The bloody season pass is more expensive than the game.
This seems to be becoming more common and I can only assume it happened while I was taking a nap or something. I saw on the Playstation Store last week that the season pass for the new COD is $50. $10 less than the full game. For some additional multiplayer maps.

I'm sorry, but if people are going to pay almost as much as a full game, they should just be getting a full god damn game. Hell, back in the old days of PC expansions, and even now with things like XCom Enemy Within, we pretty much do get a full game for less than what that season pass costs. Any company charging that much for all of their DLC is doing it wrong.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I love Jim, great sentiment here and the perversion of the lyrics was great and clever and all.. just.. Oasis are sharpened bamboo sticks under my fingernails.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That was great.

But I just don't give a shit anymore. As long as I have Steam sales I'm the winner. Sell your games big publishers. Sell them for $60 and $60 worth of DLC on top of that. I'll wait a year and get it all for $15. I have a life to live. And I have other sources of entertainment. I don't have to buy your games as soon as they're released.

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
I would like to take a moment to appreciate Jim in all his wondrous glory for this excellent performance. May we stand and fight needless paywalls for as long as they're built between us and our entertainment.

Or something along those lines.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
If this is meant to be a reaction to the rampant microtransactions on xbox games, those also include singleplayer and are not in fact dlc but microtransactions to unlock stuff.

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
Ok, Jim we now together have tortured my neighbors.

The second I heard the melody starting and saw the lyrics below the video I couldn't help myself and started to sing along. So yeah, I guess we have to pay for psychological damage now we may have caused.

Anyway I hate this whole p2w DLC crap and season passes and all that other bull... they're throwing at us gamers.

I want my old expansion packs back :(