Jimquisition: Fun & Priorities

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Here's hoping GTA 5 will be "fun" after the all over the place tone of 4. I haven't even finished it due to it being like a chore. I would much prefer to play Saints Row 2.

That being said, I loved Red Dead and have high hopes for GTA 5. I know I am in a miniscule minority, especially among game critics, but GTA4 was such a let down for me.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
I will reserve all judgement on GTA5 and how fun it is after the PC port comes out. However, after the horrible experience with GTA4, I think they're going to have to do alot to earn back my good will.

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
"priorities, get them in order and the popularity will flow"

So spot on, probably the best video of yours I have watched so far Jim. You shot to the heart of the difference between companies like Rockstar and others like Capcom. Sam and Dan Houser have never forgotten their roots, its a rare thing and its also perplexing that so few companies seem to have decoded the secret to their success, despite how bleeding obvious it is.

Gotta love Capcom though, I mean I actually reckon it takes some balls to be releasing 2D fighting games in the 21st century, but I guess there was one born everyday right ?

secretkeeper12

Jun 14, 2012
ShadowHamster said:
Nah Jim, SOME of us are smart enough to not fall for this shit, but some of us are just the opposite.

Just go look at moviebob's review of Lone Ranger. I couldn't have agreed with him more, he tore down a soulless trill of a movie for being a soulless trill of a movie, yet in the comments there are PAGES of people defending it as "getting the job done". How did it get the job done?? Did people go see it? NO! Did people generally enjoy it? NO! Did it capture the original feel of the Lone Ranger in a fresh new light? HELL NO! It didn't do the job, and that isn't even bringing up the racism in the movie that is there mostly as an after thought and not as actual racism, basically headlining "we don't care but we do want your money!"

I'm really tired of this large mass of cows in human suits stinking up my media by accepting every thing that comes to their doorstep! STOP IT!
Jesus Christ, do you realize how condensing you sound? I don't even care about the lone ranger yet I'm offended by this elitism. So what if people have less "refined" tastes in media than you? Maybe instead of whining on irrelevant forums, you should talk to these people and hear them out. It'd be a lot more productive than this pointless rant.