Jimquisition: How Skyrim Proves The Industry Wrong

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
How Skyrim Proves The Industry Wrong

You've all heard of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, right? Surely you have, for it's a ridiculously successful little game. Interestingly, however, it should NOT be a success, at least if you believe in some of the prevailing opinions that infest this industry. Hmm, seems to me that a few developers and publishers are talking bullshit, and Skyrim has called them out on it.

Watch Video

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
OH HELL FUCKING YEA!!
i could not agree more, everything you said in this episode was pure awesomeness.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
That last "Dovhakiin" bit was so stupid and over the top that it came right around and became awesome again.

It was hilarious.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
The ending made me go WTF big time.
Other than that...

IN YOUR FACE CALL OF DUTY! >=P

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Fucking PREACH IT! Great stuff, Jim. Shame the industry won't change a damn thing.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
That ending is fucking HILARIOUS.

FUS RO DAH!

Now if we can take what Bethesda teaches about design and combine it with what Valve shows about prices, the industry could explode from epicness.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Too fucking right Jim! As we gamers keep saying to publishers and developers, if you want your game to sell well just make a good game!

...or drown the media in hype so brainless sheep have no choice but to comply.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Also, Skyrim was a game that took it's time getting here, rather then being a cookie cutter sequel stamped out year after year.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Mmm-hmm, I've long been an advocate of single player over multiplayer.

On the respawning Dragons though, it can get a little annoying when I'm going about my buisiness and trying to turn in a quest in a major settlement when the third dragon in as many game days raids the same place...

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
My fucking god, Jim Sterling really is right about everything.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
StraightToHeck said:
I WANT THAT PLUSH HELMET!
I cannot say this enough.
I had to watch your video twice because I was distracted by the awesomeness of that helmet.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I had to rewatch some sections because I was focused that chicken. Other than that I agree, good video, etc etc

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
But Jim! Making games like Skyrim takes time, effort and dedication (something most videogame developers today don't bother with...)!