Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part Five

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Jimquisition Awards, Part Five

The final Jimquisition Award is here! Four days have passed, four winners have been crowned. Now is time to hail the game of the year. This is 2012's ultimate champion.

Watch Video

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Gah, you don't know how frustrating it is to not have a working console at the moment, as soon as I have the time and money to invest in something I can play this game on I will buy it!

These awards overall have been fun, kudos to you Jim.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I've heard they're planning to release all the episodes as one game soon. Any chance anyone knows when that'll be available?

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Thanks, Jim. Now I really feel stupid for choosing to get Serious Sam 3 instead of the Walking Dead episodes on sale. BFE really has disappointed me, with its framerate always staying below 30 fps and its controls being on par with Duke Nukem Forever.

Hopefully, a Holiday Sale will give it another discount, so I can buy it without thinking, "Gee, I didn't save $30 there."

lazarus1209

Mar 17, 2011
Fappy said:
I've heard they're planning to release all the episodes as one game soon. Any chance anyone knows when that'll be available?
It's already there - came out December 11th.

Sep 3, 2012
it is the game of the year, al thoegh im still wondering what happened to molly of ep 4.

AND JIM: WHERE DID YOU GOT THAT HAT?!
pls

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
lazarus1209 said:
Fappy said:
It's already there - came out December 11th.
Yeah, just looked at the wiki page. I think I know what I am playing this weekend...

EDIT: Scratch that. Going to wait for Steam to put it a bit more on sale. 25% off right now, but I bet it'll hit 50% before the winter sale is over.

Big_Isaac

May 24, 2012
oh drop the act, Jim
we all know the only reason Xenoblade didn't win the final reward is that you couldn't get a decent Monado replica to use as a subtle hint in time.
oh well. it can't be helped

keosegg

Jul 9, 2011
I have to say, at the end of the game, I was both bawling like a infant as well as screaming at my computer screen in a white hot frothy rage. The ending was beautiful.

Edit: Question to you all. Did you at any point stop playing because you couldn't bring yourself to make some of the choices?

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
For those asking about the hat: Like most of the props I end up using on the show, I'm on the publisher's review mailing list (as I write reviews for Destructoid). PR companies often send all sorts of shit and tat which I usually use on the Jimquisition because I've got nothing else to do with them.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
FelixG said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
Jimquisition Awards, Part Five

The final Jimquisition Award is here! Four days have passed, four winners have been crowned. Now is time to hail the game of the year. This is 2012's ultimate champion.

Watch Video
Hey jim, you mentioned that Bethesda told you they were pleased with winning one of the top games of the year, can we know if there has been any other company responses to the awards show?
Sure can!

Lone Survivor: Jasper was thrilled.

Journey: A guy from Sony sent me a photoshopped picture of a baby holding a picture of my face.

Lollipop Chainsaw: James Gunn said it was, "The happiest moment of my life." Suda 51 said, "Nice!"

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Update: I've been informed that I've returned the favor to TellTale, and now some of them are crying thanks to the video. :)

Atary77

Feb 27, 2008
When I think about all the games that have had an impact on me this year, this one gets me the most. Nothing prepared me for the ending which I loved and made me cry.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Good awards show Jim!

Hope you can do one every year.

And you could! :D Because the world didn't end today!

Hmmmm....Did you have something to do with that Jim?