Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part One

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Why does everyone seem to love Dishonored so much? I played and beat it in one day and was pretty much bored by large sections of the game. I'm not trying to be negative it just really feels like I'm missing something.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
gigastar said:
Is there going to be an... "awards" series for games that have turned out to be exceptionally shit?

Or has that been left to Yahtzee?
Every year I do a "Top Ten Shittiest Games" rundown. That's coming next week.

Yes, on Christmas Eve.

Yes, I feel slightly guilty.
Well this was unexpected, and rather pleasant. A week long series of Jim praising games instead of verbally eviscerating them? And starting with Dishonored, too. I can't wait for the rest!
Now I have to watch Yahtzee's review again, just to see why he hated it.

Alex Ford

Oct 27, 2009
I hate being the one to tell you this, but you were wearing the mask upside down...

Still the first episode turned out well and I'm looking forward to seeing Lone Survivor win tomorrow (probably).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I like this idea and can't wait to see the other four episodes this week! The only problem I have...well does anybody else feel a bit intimidated by Jim standing at his pedestal while the Shinra March plays in the background? It's like watching a dictator right before he has risen truly to power.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
I'm very glad to see how far the jimquisition has come. It's now easily one of the best shows on the escapist, maybe one of the best on the internet right now.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Dishonored is a worthy first choice, Jim. People fail to look past Dishonored's length and miss out on a second play through that can be a completely different experience from the first. Hopefully a few more people will get interested in it after seeing you give it one of the five awards! I'd love to see a new IP sell as well as it deserves.

I like this idea of spreading out the awards to an episode a day, seeing as how it gives you plenty of time to talk about the games in your videos. I hope fan and developer reaction sync up so that we can have this again next year!

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I think Dishonoured deserves recognition now so that Bethesda realises they should take the franchise universe and run with it for a few more games. Steampunk, mystical, dirty Victorianesque universe? Has not been a good one of those since Thief and even then it was pre-Victorian. Anything to encourage the exploration of such an original setting is good in my books.

Though I do hope the next game isn't so binary with its ending. There is apparently a magical number of homicides that separates the good ending from the bad ending, and that seems downright arbitrary. Not to mention one of the non-lethal methods of dispatching a target is far more horrible than just outright killing them - you essentially ship one of the 3 sisters off to "Rape Island". She might have preferred a braining with a punch ladle, all things considered.

Even if I only dispatched the most corrupt and evil foes in a violent manner I would still have a high chaos score and thus get the 'bad' ending and that seemed like weak storytelling.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
BlueKenja said:
BahamutWings said:
Please, does anyone know the music from the opening montage? i really likes it! (also love ID'ing the FF9 in the background every week :D )
Pretty certain the background music was "Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony" from FF7 this time, weirdly not FF9 Oo
Actually, it's the version found IN Final Fantasy IX! It's the "Millennium" version played by Tantalus' band near the start of the game.

This message brought to you by The Finding Clever Workarounds So The End Credits Don't Have To Be Altered Foundation.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Nice! I love Dishonored, it is my personal GOTY 2012. Very pleased to see it win a Jimmies from you, Jim! I like having my opinion of something validated by smart, famous people. :D

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Edit: Curses, my FF music knowledge has failed me

Though I need to go back and check FFIX then. Because that is decidedly the Rufus welcoming ceremony in FFVII as well.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
JarinArenos said:
Edit: Curses, my FF music knowledge has failed me

Though I need to go back and check FFIX then. Because that is decidedly the Rufus welcoming ceremony in FFVII as well.
It is. In fact, I think FFIX even still lists it as "Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony" in the official soundtrack. The version in FFIX is included as a callback to VII, and you can actually miss it if you don't talk to the Prime Vista band after the crash into the woods.

I think, anyway. Forgive my memory, it's been a while.

Arkham

Esoteric Cultist
Jan 22, 2009
Was anyone else spoiled by the video description? Just below the video it says Dishonored. Or do I have latent psychic abilities?