Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part Three

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Oh Jim, Jim, why do you have to be Jim?

If next outstanding game is Lollipop Chainsaw I look forward to the reasoning behind that choice.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
T3hSource said:
This was going through my head:
Jim: It's going to be one of those controversial ones
My mind: SPEC OPS!SPEC OPS!
*Jim lifts up the pom pom*
Me: Nooooouuu.
Same thing I thought. That was my favorite game of the year, though. Nothing else came close.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I'm assuming Walking Dead is the final winner and the next one is Lollipop Chainsaw. So no Spec Ops: The Line? Don't get me wrong, all the games on the list are fantastic, but I'm a little sad to see Spec Ops isn't one of them.

...maybe the pom-pom is for Spec Ops! >.>

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
LetalisK said:
...maybe the pom-pom is for Spec Ops! >.>
He didn't review it on Dtoid,so I would assume he didn't play it.
But who knows it might be that the golden pom pom with it's endless strings represents the questions raised in Spec Ops' Dubai(the golden city,by that I mean Dubai represents what paradise on Earth could be as an urban environment,even the game's aesthetic design shows how gorgeous it is even when flooded with sand) :D

[small]Of course I'm just going out of my way to "prove" that Spec Ops is the next game derp,gotta love the game's limitless interpretation possibilities[/small]

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Not having a PS3 sucks.
Also living in this country sucks if you want to play console games and you don't have a lot of money.

Captcha: Mea Culpa. No captcha, it's not my fault... stop judging me! >.<'

ShuyinTheEnigmatic

Dec 6, 2012
I do believe Journey was worthy of an award. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played, and perhaps one of very few things to make me cry. Thank God for Jim for giving such a prestigious award to a fantastic game.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Really need to play Journey, I've only heard good things about that game.
I didn't expect Lollipop Chainsaw at all but I like it, although it might be something else of course.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Seriously doubt that Halo made the cut. As fun as that game was, does it measure up to the previous game on the list: Dishonored, Lone Survivor, & Journey. Each of them has level design and gameplay mechanics that kept people going back.(Although Journey is pretty damn linear) The only thing I've gotten out of Halo is hours of online play. The feeling I get as the last man standing and getting my enemy as he reloads isn't something the programmers put in. As great as it is, I've done the same in games like Counter Strike. Then again I could be wrong, maybe it is the number one. Still I feel Jim similar to Yahtzee in that they think some FPS are good, but looks for the out of the norm games for excitement.

Djaevlenselv

May 3, 2011
So, Jim. I don't want to be mean to you or anything. That would go against my usual thanking god for you after all. But when you post a video whose sole purpose is to state which game gets your award and why... it kinda ruins it, when the video description already mentions exactly that. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I for one like to be surprised when I view countdowns and award lists, so I was just wondering: would it be too much to ask you not to post the names of the winning games in the descriptions for the last videos. Sorry if I'm being rude.

A big fan of yours.

Kufaz

Sep 29, 2009
man...I really wish I knew someone who has a ps3.

also these awards should be called the Jimmies.

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
blackrave said:
Who else thinks that opening track reminds of Pendulum?
That style of music (not pendulum themselves but the electronic music that like that) is "Liquid Drum n' Bass" or "Liquid Funk". I too would like to know the song title, did I miss it in the credits?

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Djaevlenselv said:
So, Jim. I don't want to be mean to you or anything. That would go against my usual thanking god for you after all. But when you post a video whose sole purpose is to state which game gets your award and why... it kinda ruins it, when the video description already mentions exactly that. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I for one like to be surprised when I view countdowns and award lists, so I was just wondering: would it be too much to ask you not to post the names of the winning games in the descriptions for the last videos. Sorry if I'm being rude.

A big fan of yours.
The games are announced at the end of the previous episode, that's when the surprise is supposed to happen. Because of the way The Escapist formats its video listings, spoilers in the descriptions are unavoidable. The work around this, I basically announced the game at the end of the last episode, rather than the beginning of the new one. If you watched yesterday's video, you should have had the surprise then, gone into today's video knowing the winner, and then been surprised by the NEXT reveal.

I have a feeling my "unsubtle clue" joke misfired, as people seem to be thinking I deliberately intended them to guess. It's supposed to be obvious. Perhaps next year, if I do more awards, I'll just do straightforward announcements at the end.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Lollipop chainsaw... this is the 1st time I can actually tell what the hell the clue was supposed to mean.