Jimquisition: Nintendo of America

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
What?! Nintendo has very good games for the Wii that it seems to just not want to sent to anywhere other than Japan? I....Damn....I have never felt more sorry for Nintendo gamers than right now. Why the hell won't they send their American fans these games if it will just make them more money?

Does not compute.
I'm not even a Nintendo gamer but, Nintendo of America,
>_< "Bite my shiny metal ass!" Bender Bending Rodriguez, year 3000.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
Jimbo needs to get back in the suit and tie combo he used to have. Looked much more.... inquisitorial then...

For some reason I expected him to do some 'rasslin moves at the end there when he walked up to the camera all WWE like. :D

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
WHOOOOOO!!!!! THE MIKE DROP IS BACK!!!!!!

I just knew this was going to turn into an ALL CAPS RAGE

Skunktrain

Nov 19, 2009
How does NOA maintain a business model that involves repeatedly telling fans literally begging to give them their money no? This isn't the first time they've done this shit; Mother 3 ring any bells? I understand that they've probably been burned before by niche-market games but this is ridiculous.

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Fronzel said:
Do I detect a satire of MovieBob's always-uncritical fellating of Mario's mushroom?
No? There's nowhere in the video where he makes jabs at anyone who really likes Nintendo. And the "satire" he did was him "acting out" a portrayal of Nintendo of America.

You see the silly thing here is that he's leaving himself open to the possibility that Nintendo of America is going to actually localize the games. Nintendo normally doesn't do things that are TERRIBLY fiscally irresponsible, and there is almost NO REASON to only localize it for Europe.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Jim you mic you use for the pseudo-dictator parts is not very good. My theory is you drop it all the time. Why don't you use the one you record the good sounding parts of the show hidden in your podium.

the spud

May 2, 2011
-Dragmire- said:
the spud said:
Wow. Nintendo can be pricks.

They did the same thing with earthbound and the rest of the Mother series. They won't even release earthbound on the virtual console, due to fairly minor legal reasons. Maybe its time they grow some balls.
There were actual legal reasons? I heard fans of the game were translating it but I'm not sure if they completed it.

Anyway, wow that was quite some dichishness coming from nintendo america. I wonder if they're waiting to release those games as wiiu exclusives to spur initial sales with the hardcore crowd.
There were several music loops in earthbound that closely resembled other songs from people like the beatles and whatnot. Nintendo didn't want to risk a lawsuit. The thing is, several other nintendo games have had tracks similiar to others and they have been rereleased several times without legal reprocussion.

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
Can anyone make that herp derp bit into a file? I want to have it to play at moments ^o^

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
I concur with Jim with this. Somehow, Reggie Fils Aime is not doing the job right. NoA still thinks that any game that is localized to America will flop like Earthbound series.

I guarantee you NoA, if you localize the Mother series, you fans will go "Shut up and take my money".

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
F**k you Nintendo.

Yeah, I said it. I bought every single of their consoles ever since the NES and even bought every single of their handhelds, plus some of their re-releases, like the GameBoy Pocket (wich is MUCH better than the brick GB IMO), and I was even proud of owning a Wii and heck, I'm proud of the library I made about great Wii titles, BUT, not localizing a game that's already localized and not releasing 3 insanely wanted titles here on America seems like a dick move on anyone's book standards.

It seems like Nintendo are a bunch of trolls.

Patton662

Apr 4, 2010
So ? The Nintendo fanboys/girls will continue to worship them. They know that they can fuck with everyone and won't be called out or if they will be the fans will bury any criticism in hate. That's why we keep gatting shitty rehashes of mario and zelda games over and over and over again. Or something.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
They're cocky. Why do they need to lead into the release of the Wii U strongly? The Wii made unreal amounts of money. They don't feel the need to actually do anything more. They know the Wii U will sell stupid amounts too.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
If there's a video that deserves the return on the mike drop, it's this one. I've heard Jim rage about this on Podtoid, and it deserved a video.

[Edit:] Also... trying to make "Reggie is a piece of meat" cross over from Destructoid, are ya?

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
I'm sorry, but this is just pathetic. Okay, so you don't agree with a business decision they made. That's fine, but there is no need to be an immature prick about it. I'm sorry that you've just now arrived at the crushing realization that Nintendo isn't in the game to be your BFF, and actually tend to do their own things with the intent of what would be best for the company and shareholders because the entire rasion d'etre of a corporation is to maximize profits for the shareholders: NOT to make you happy and be your BFF. Odds say NDA didn't do this out of spite: they had a legitmate reason for not bring these games over.

Sometimes Jim Sterling can make a good point, but this episode is just beyond pathetic. It's like a little kid getting mad about realizing that gaming companies aren't our friends. Be a god damn realist about this, would you?

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
Zhukov said:
Advocacy of piracy, albeit under rather specific conditions, from an editor-approved Escapist video.

Huh. I haven't seen that happen before.
They did a similar thing on extra credits, if you can't buy the game then download it, however as i don't own a wii I don't know if its region system locked or like the ps3.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
the spud said:
-Dragmire- said:
the spud said:
Wow. Nintendo can be pricks.

They did the same thing with earthbound and the rest of the Mother series. They won't even release earthbound on the virtual console, due to fairly minor legal reasons. Maybe its time they grow some balls.
There were actual legal reasons? I heard fans of the game were translating it but I'm not sure if they completed it.

Anyway, wow that was quite some dichishness coming from nintendo america. I wonder if they're waiting to release those games as wiiu exclusives to spur initial sales with the hardcore crowd.
There were several music loops in earthbound that closely resembled other songs from people like the beatles and whatnot. Nintendo didn't want to risk a lawsuit. The thing is, several other nintendo games have had tracks similiar to others and they have been rereleased several times without legal reprocussion.
wow, that's a lame reason. I imagine they have a crapload of unused midi music too that they could replace it with.

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
I'd like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that Operation Rainfall isn't done yet, and they're about to start their letter writing campaign in a matter of days. If Europe and Australia are getting these games, NOA is going to feel the pressure. If you want these games, I highly suggest you join us. Personally, I'm going to do everything I can to help the cause until Nintendo gives us the games, or gives us a legitimate reason why they can't release them. Their list of excuses is running thin.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
JoshGod said:
Zhukov said:
Advocacy of piracy, albeit under rather specific conditions, from an editor-approved Escapist video.

Huh. I haven't seen that happen before.
They did a similar thing on extra credits, if you can't buy the game then download it, however as i don't own a wii I don't know if its region system locked or like the ps3.
Ah yes, I remember that. Thanks for the reminder.

Still, it's odd to see. Usually the Escapist is utterly opposed to piracy in every form. And probably with good reason.