Jimquisition: Ownership & Happiness - The Queen's Speech 2013

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Again with Anita who used the backlash, that she had full control over btw, to her spamming 4chan for her own profit as an example for internet harassment? When we had much much worse cases this year where people where driven to suicide? (but i guess these cases with real consequences where never connected to games... you know except for phil these cases never really have any consquences.. or atleast none that get reported about)

She played those fools and laughed all the way to the bank... Anita really needs not to be protected or even named when most likely she or someone close to her set the whole incident up to profit from it.

Never before or after did she allowed comments on her youtube videos, and mind you she had alot of youtube videos before that one.. and even stated so in an earlier video about feminist frequency that she doesnt allow discussions on any of her videos period.. just that ONE anouncement video had comments allowed for a limited time, right after 4chan was provoked by spamming advertisments for her video series. And only after sites like the escapist began to report about it did her kickstarter finaly picked up.

Basicly before poking 4chan the internet didnt even really knew she existed in the first place... now she aparantly gets hired as consultant by companies about how to picture female chars and actually gets invited to the national news... allbeit on fox.. but watev...

So please... pleaaaaase stop painting her as a martyr when she made mad profit from the whole incident she set up herself. Shes a clever woman but she sure is not the victim people make her out to be.

Also i think you have pictured the whole sarkesian debate way to one sided since theres alot of material out there that calls into questions not only her motives but also her methods WITHOUT relying on anything that comes from the 4chan department.

Infact that was something i noticed with alot of internet outlets about gaming this year, everyone was quick to jump to her defense without actually taking a step back and look at the arguments of both sides. And with both sides i do not mean the mudflingers but the tons and tons and tons of well worded critique on her that consists of anything but insults.

Yet Arnita suddenly became this optimus prime martyr figure of women in the video gaming industry.

Despite the fact that her thesis that (according to her opinion) "sexist" video games somehow make people sexist is the same nonsense that we got from a certain lawyer who claimed tha GTA turns children into mass murderers.

Yet i have to see you or anyone else jump to the defence of that guy and make a martyr out of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpFk5F-S_hI

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
reiniat said:
NOPE, if you ignore it the problem ends FOR YOU, not for Phil Phish (see what i did with his name?XD), im sure that after some time in the internet you started ignoring the people who where obviously going to start a flamewar, mainly because repeating the truth over and over becomes cumbersome. The problem with Phil Fish was mainly personal; he kept fueling the flamewar he created, if he started ignoring those people then the problem would have ended for HIM, not for the people who kept harassing him, but it doesnt matter because he would have continued developing his game.
The internet is, most of the time, just letters on the screen which you can ignore or turn off, no need to punish yourself reading and answering :)
Buying or not buying Fez is, of course, entirely up to you :D

I believe that Anita was initially dumb enough to talk about stuff she didnt know, lie and then go attack 4chan... She strikes me as the kind of person who loves to lie to herself (but then again, who doesnt?). She probably still considers shes right, the internet is wrong, and all the hating is just the confirmation of her ideas, and of course, she just shrugs of the facts she doesnt like (such as the fact that shes A LIAR, and she barely understands the media she watches/plays).
I been ignoring her all this time, but sometimes i cant afford but feel that something needs to be done against her. We should put her in a discussion with people of the industry that have actual knowledge of it. The list is pretty long, but ironically i would expect them to turn off the request believing she doesnt need or deserve that amount of attention, or that their fans will poop in whatever they claim to love if Anita demands them to do so, and thus at this point any kind of rational discussion is impossible :(
Does the problem end for me if i ignore him? Does he stop insulting me? Does he get appropriately punished for his misbehavior if i ignore him? How does running away from the problem solves it?
Rpeating the truth becomes cumbersome, but in another forum i am actually notoriuos for being the only guy consistently not giving up on trolls in homosexuality thread (yes, majority there are actually against it.....). I dont ignore flamers, i try to teach them a thing or two. If i help at least a few people its been worth it in my opinion. Some will say im wasting time, but thats their opinion.

And here in the second part of your post you prove how ignoring the problem didnt solve it for you and you want to take other actions.
I do not think Anita is dumb. Im the kind of guy that do not automatically attribute to stupid what can easily be malice, because thats an easy way to walk into a trap.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Strazdas said:
You mentioned anita - isntant contraversy.

Phil Fish however was himself harassing the media far more than he recieved harassment, so im not sad about him leaving. Good riddance i say.

---

Not enjoying an argument is bad reason to stop. Just because it is unconfortable does not mean it must go away.

Also nice of you to tell us not to watch the episode in the end of the episode. Well played.

Vault Citizen said:
You forgot reason 3 not to be watching on Chrismtas Day Jim

"or you suffered a power cut on the day and weren't able to turn your lights on, let alone go on the internet"
Nonesense, there are things like batteries and mobile phones! there is no excuse not to watch Jim talk.

hentropy said:
I'd vote for you for Queen any day, Jim.
I sincerely hope you wrote this knowing the irony of "voting for a queen".

saxman234 said:
Dear Escapists. Please stop having ads that are videos that start by themselves. They are obnoxious and make people get ad block. I have not done that yet but if i have to keep turning off these video ads I may be convinced to. This is an advertisement from 'Yahoo' and is something about "Keith's Story".

Great unscripted episode Jim! It was interesting to watch an episode without the persona. Looking forward to the worst games of 2013!
I have to second that, video advertisement is the most evil you can get with a website. then again i didnt saw any because i think site is broken for me today. this is how the mainpage looks to me:
Because of the black out the phone service was kind of dodgy and there was no 3G service on all day, it was hard enough to make phone calls, let alone browse.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
God save our gracious Queen,
Live long our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen.

Merry Christmas, Jim, I hope you have another great year.
You seem to have accidentally substituted the word 'Queen' for 'Jim' in those lyrics... Just so you know.

ender1986

May 30, 2013
MS's policy reversal is the biggest disappointment of the year. Instead we now have two wildly similar consoles that changed very little from last generation. All this standard Sterling-bullshit about "Rabble! The consumers' rights are no more!" has put this industry behind.

lunalicrichard

Sep 8, 2013
It seems to me that the problem lies mainly with the younger people . They seem to lack the capability to distance themselves from the games they play . To me it seems like their whole identity is tied to one or two games and they lack any distance to the game .
So if the a review is not what they feel it should be , they personally feel attacked !
To be able to distance yourself mentally from your own views and have empathy is so important , that we as people should be more careful in how we raise our kids .
The root of all these attacks lie in the upbringing of these kids . And if we let the PS3 and 360 do the parenting for us (or the TV ) , we shouldn't be surprised that we get the reactions and rantings we get online .
I fear for the future . I fear for the people that grow up now in this harsh world where only the top is good enough and where there is no place for weakness .

But then again i see great kids who care for others and try to help and educate and that makes me smile again and hope that not all is lost .....
So enjoy gaming and games , and have a think before you post or rant to people . And we can all have fun in games !