Jimquisition: Solving the Sexism Situation

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Solving the Sexism Situation

Sexism in videogames is the worst social situation civilization mankind has ever faced. Thank the sweet babe o' Nazareth that someone has a way to fix it!

Watch Video

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Well, this was odd... had a little chuckle though (if only because it really was odd).

Still not sure what void this is supposed to be filling.

Xirema

Nov 12, 2010
I really, 'really' like this guy, but we do need some sort of content disclaimer for him.

Great solution though.

Tamama

Oct 28, 2010
I can't see this video segment lasting much longer. Everything he's mentioned has been mentioned elsewhere, and in a much more appropriate way.

Rotting Corpse

Aug 24, 2010
I find it amazing how this guy can talk for minutes on end without saying anything. Escapist, please stop paying this guy, this you guys above him. He's not funny, he doesn't make intelligent points, and he doesn't even say anything. He brings up the points without discussing them. That's twice now I haven't even been able to sit through his whole video.

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
Well I watched this one all the way through, which means it was either an improvement on the last one, or my will to live is slowly draining away.

I'll give episode 3 a chance and see where it goes from there.

olfelix

May 14, 2010
I got through a little over half before I had to turn it off. He?s just not a great personality; I had hopes that a second video would change my first impression of him, but... nope.
While he might have a point somewhere in there, it?s nothing that hasn?t been covered before or presented in a far better format.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
A different, perhaps more radical, solution:

How 'bout we objectify no one, and only place men or women in revealing clothing when it is tangential to exploring their character and/or fits their cultural/geographical background. You know, as in good storytelling that is inclusive and realistic at the same time.

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
Already have been said,way better than in this.I wish this goes to a podcast or dies completely.

littlerudi08107

Sep 23, 2009
This guy is pretty much piggy-backing off of what commentators like Yahtzee, Moviebob, and the Extra Credits crew have been saying for a while now. The host just seems to be trying too hard to make a name for himself. I mean, The "Jimquisition," seriously? My only serious critique is that host needs to get over himself.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
So this plus last-time's - it's all meant to be 'tongue-in-cheek' but still trying to get a message across, right? Sorry if I'm a little slow on the uptake but I'm still not sure what this show is trying to do. It seems to be aimed principally at game designers rather than gamers per se, am I on the right lines here?

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Hey more unnecessary nudity in the videos. Nothing quite like it to make you look intelligent and give your argument credence.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I like Jim, every since I found Dtoid.

He does need to lose those glasses, though.

Still think he should stick to issues like this, though.

That PLAYING IT WRONG one showcased a lot of bullshit in the game reviewing process.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Woodsey said:
Well, this was odd... had a little chuckle though (if only because it really was odd).

Still not sure what void this is supposed to be filling.
This is the impression I got as well. I decided to give this 2nd episode a try to see if anything improved. Unfortunately I don't feel his "style" is one I can enjoy and get behind. Crude paint drawings with far too many 'obscene' references just don't do it for me. I still don't see why this isn't just a written article.

millertime059

Jan 7, 2011
While I agree with your position Jim, the... graphic overtones... are going to get people to focus on the wrong aspect here.

That said I'd rather have equal cheesecake for all, not through ramping up the naked men factor, but by toning down the chainmail bikini factor. You called it being prudish, I call it having taste. Sure a bit of eye candy is nice from time to time, but do we really need it everywhere?