Sep 9, 2009
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Why all the hate? If you don't like him fine, but come to the comments section episode after episode and talk smack about the guy. Is that what it takes to make you feel good about yourself, putting down someone who is putting in the work to create something?
Because showing your distaste for a show is very bad to do. BAD OPINION HAVERS! SHAME ON YOU! How dare you share your opinion on an opinion website. How dare you share your thoughts, telling the site owners that you don't enjoy a show on their site. Such a mean thing to do.
Well played troll. I have no problem with people making their opinions heard. I am not really a huge fan of the show myself. That being said there is a small subset of users here who feel compelled to really go out of their way to be assholes in thread after thread. It is not fun to read and it goes way beyond "share(ing) your thoughts". I'm not talking about the people who say they don't like the show, or the ones who say they wish he would just quit, or that the escapist should yank the show. I am talking about the people lobbing personal insults at the guy, people making posts that would otherwise get them suspended from posting if it was about another forum member.
Yeah some people go to far. But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse, if not then he should not be in this line of work.

Wooh~ Hypocricy is fun~ If you have a problem with something, do it yourself~
Did I advocate hypocrisy? Pretty sure I didn't. Wooh~ Misreading is fun~
More so, I'm reffering to the people you defend. Just because he's a 'loud mouth jerk' does not give people the right to do the same without it being hypocritical.
Did I defend those people

Yeah some people go to far
Once again. Wooh~ Misreading is fun~

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Why all the hate? If you don't like him fine, but come to the comments section episode after episode and talk smack about the guy. Is that what it takes to make you feel good about yourself, putting down someone who is putting in the work to create something?
Because showing your distaste for a show is very bad to do. BAD OPINION HAVERS! SHAME ON YOU! How dare you share your opinion on an opinion website. How dare you share your thoughts, telling the site owners that you don't enjoy a show on their site. Such a mean thing to do.
Well played troll. I have no problem with people making their opinions heard. I am not really a huge fan of the show myself. That being said there is a small subset of users here who feel compelled to really go out of their way to be assholes in thread after thread. It is not fun to read and it goes way beyond "share(ing) your thoughts". I'm not talking about the people who say they don't like the show, or the ones who say they wish he would just quit, or that the escapist should yank the show. I am talking about the people lobbing personal insults at the guy, people making posts that would otherwise get them suspended from posting if it was about another forum member.
Yeah some people go to far. But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse, if not then he should not be in this line of work.

More so, I'm reffering to the people you defend. Just because he's a 'loud mouth jerk' does not give people the right to do the same without it being hypocritical.

"But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse,"

Wooh~ Trying to justify their negative comments on his videos by stating what he's a 'loud-mouth jerk'~

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:
Frozengale said:
Mygaffer said:

"But the guy is a loud-mouth jerk who makes a living by pissing on things. I'm sure he can take the abuse,"

Wooh~ Trying to justify their negative comments on his videos by stating what he's a 'loud-mouth jerk'~
How is that justifying them? I'm saying that Jim is a big boy and can take care of himself. I specifically said, they go to far, that isn't justifying but condemning. I then go on to say that Jim can handle himself. Hence the "I'm sure he can take the abuse."

Blackpapa

May 26, 2010
I found this episode to be the best yet.

I think it's thanks to the proportion of parts where we don't get to see/hear Jim to the parts that we do.

Sometimes silence is golden.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I wonder if when Jim published this episode he was sort of aiming for/expecting people to say "best episode of Jimquistion yet"?
(I even wrote this text before reading any of the comments... and sure enough :)

Because an episode like this seems to invite just such comments, especially with a show that seems to have opinions quite divided...

Look-a-Hill

Nov 18, 2009
MonkeyPunch said:
I wonder if when Jim published this episode he was sort of aiming for/expecting people to say "best episode of Jimquistion yet"?
Probably, otherwise why bother posting it?
It's a good joke. Anyone who's ever watched comedy knows the best bits are when spanners are thrown into the works. Be it hecklers, technical difficulties, etc.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Some people take this stuff way too seriously.

Jesus, it's a video on the internet, if you think there are better people go start making your own videos and enter into the Escapists next competition or something.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Samurai Goomba said:
FallenMessiah88 said:
The only thing funnier than this show, is watching just how pissed some people can get.

Im not a fan of the whole "don't like, dont watch" stigma, but really, if you don't like the show, just don't watch it.

That way, the show will get less hits and then maybe, in due time, its filthy existence will be forever gone from your glorious shrine of ultra awesome serious business!

As for me, I'll continue to enjoy the phenomenon that is Jim Sterling.
"I'm not a fan of rice, but really you should just eat rice."

What?

The problem with assuming something that is crappy will go away if you stop watching is that often it's popular enough that this will not happen. If Jim reserves the right to badmouth games and whatever else he likes (and he should have that right), then so should we be able to say what we want about his poor quality, unfunny jokes and lazy videos, like this one.

I find it hilarious people are getting banned for posting basically what Jim said. So what The Escapist is telling me, is that if Jim had WRITTEN his response, you all would have modded him for Low Content Posting. Right? Good to know the rules work the same for everyone.
Yep, I agree completely. Like I said, I too find the "don't like, don't watch" argument to be pretty weak, but I can't for the life of me see what else you "haters" could do to make Jim go away. Obviously your badmouthing doesn't work because he's still here, after 7 episodes.

But If you don't like his videos, then by all means keep on doing what you do. I won't mind. Hell, I didn't like this episode either, just like I didn't like Yathzee's "Holiday 2009" video.

Sure everyone needs a vacation once in a while or maybe they have other things to attend to. Therefore a better solution would have been to announce at the end of the previous video that there won't be a video next week because of so and so. I reckon that Jim should have done the same thing.

Jachwe

Jul 29, 2010
Finally a new episode. This guy is like my favorite on this site because he presents another view on videogames. All the other guys have only minor differences compared to this guy

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Lullabye said:
All's been said that has been said? So awesome it rendered Jim Speechless? He quit? Here's hoping.
What this guy said. Also, I sincerely hope he's not getting paid for this episode, considering that it's even more insipid and insulting than his usual manure, and that is really saying something.
You know what? The tagline for Jimquisition fits. "Get angry". I do get angry, Jim. Angry because you, despite having nothing worthwhile to contribute to the escapist, still have a prime spot that probably pays really well. Which is a shame, since you use it to make unfunny jokes, when there could be people with intelligent points to make and maybe an ounce of charisma. I would rather have back "I hit it with my axe" or "Doraleous and associates", hell, even "Game Dogs" would be far preferable to this tripe. So Jim, please go back to Destructiod and leave us the fuck alone. You add nothing and are not pleasant nor funny. I feel ashamed that I even gave you this one view.
Edit: You know what you remind me of, Jim? Duke Nukem Forever. Something that thinks it's cooler than it is, preoccupied with itself, full of callous and unfunny 'jokes', not very visually appealing, unfocused and shallow.

Deminobody

Nov 18, 2009
Alexander Cunningham said:
Just one question? what did he say? bim?
If you turn your volume up really loud you can hear him ask, "Really?"

I laughed pretty hard at this episode. The lack of seriousness in this episode went along nicely with his message from his previous episode.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
MonkeyPunch said:
And sadly, those assessments are correct.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
The joke was ruined once i saw the length of the video. I wish i could come to my job and say 'really?' and then go home, it would still take more effort than he put in making this thing.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
Have to love that almost a third of the comments have been warned about low content posts on a low content video.

OT: seems a bit lazy, if he didn't have anything to say he could have just put out a message saying he was busy at E3 and nobody would mind. Trying to make a joke with a 30 second video just fell flat. If he was trying to pull a prank like yahtzee he should have waited a while, he's new and not that popular whereas yahtzee is probably the reason the vast majority of people came to this site.

PontiusTM

Nov 2, 2010
I think this series weakens the standing of The Escapist with every further episode made. Really - this is nothing comparable to Zero Punctuation, Extra Credits, everything by Movie Bob etc. It just has got no intelectual or humorous value - at all! Even if it is understood as satire it's so very plain, yet overdone. This episode especially shows HOW uncreative Jim is, because stuff like this has been done so often up to now: overdone as I said.

I'm just stating my opinion, not demanding to end this, but warmly recommending to do so or have a drastic change of the concept for the sake of the quality of this site... which i love... except for Jimquisition...

I know every relationship has it's dark sides, but this one is nearly ... oversized.
In a black coat.

At least bring back Lisa.

please.