Jimquisition: The 100% Objective Review

Toblo1

Jun 1, 2014
Damn. I was hoping Jim was going to do this week's vid on the Slaughtering grounds meltdown that is currently ongoing.

Um.... didn't Jim already do this? Like on Polygon?

Captcha: Join the millions.
No thanks, I think I won't......

Edit: Ok, I get the fucking joke, but still.... We don't need more potshots at FFXIII. It's filled full of holes already.....

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
I get the message but this video was a bit disappointing. I know you've got a point to make, but I think you could've made it in a more entertaining way. Don't copy the mistakes of the industry, even to make a point.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Wait, Jim. Didn't you once say you were God?

And you just said God isn't real?

Then that means... YOU AREN'T REAL?!?!?!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Toblo1 said:
Um.... didn't Jim already do this? Like on Polygon?

Captcha: Join the millions.
No thanks, I think I won't......
I get the feeling you posted this before actually watching the video.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I appreciate the attempt at objectivity but this video really was really lacking in ethics.

Something something collusion something narrative.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Oh please, this review is completely drenched in bias:

* Mr. Sterling's choice to mostly show cut scene footage is a clear choice to give a better impression on the public since the cut scenes are FFXIII's strongest selling point. I also think he deliberately choose the best looking cut scenes.

* His choice to even acknowledge that there are upgradeable weapons as opposed to the other surface level features proves that he's on Square Enix' paycheck.

* His lack of FFXIII-music betrays that his overlords at Square Enix didn't think the music would help sell the game. Oh, and I think I heard FFIX music in there, clearly a ploy to remind us of a FF game with better music, leading us to a better impression of the game.

In conclusion,
shame on you, Mr. Sterling.

(Oh and in case it wasn't abundantly clear: this comment is not to be taken serious.)

silverleaf81

Oct 2, 2009
Its like half the episode was narrated by a Sterling action figure.

Oh, uh...thank god For Jim. (F*cking Sterling son!)

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
Magmarock said:
I get the message but this video was a bit disappointing. I know you've got a point to make, but I think you could've made it in a more entertaining way. Don't copy the mistakes of the industry, even to make a point.
Agreed. It's easy to see what Jim was going for but the joke went on for too long and kept going in circles. Still, the message was a good one.

Jan 27, 2011
sooooo TLDR: all reviews will have some bias in it (so what?) or they'll be boring speils that tell you nothing.

Also, some people are idiots and think that publishers should never ever ever be told they're doing something wrong or stupid.

TLDRTLDR: Some people are stupid.

Did I get that right?

FFMaster

May 13, 2009
[edit] removing cause i suspect pointing out the things i was going to point out will count as derailing despite being topically relevant

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
aegix drakan said:
sooooo TLDR: all reviews will have some bias in it (so what?) or they'll be boring speils that tell you nothing.

Also, some people are idiots and think that publishers should never ever ever be told they're doing something wrong or stupid.

TLDRTLDR: Some people are stupid.

Did I get that right?
You forgot the bit where he's lampooning publishers for making the same thing, and in some cases, literally re-releasing the same game, and pretending it's new and exciting content that's worth £60 or $70

Spanglish Guy

Sep 8, 2014
Thank God for you, Jim Fucking Sterling Son!

I remember reading your objective review a while ago, it was brilliant.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
That's all good, but you need a sticker on your podium that says 'OBJECTIVE' on it if you want to really prove anything. Bonus points if it's a big, red bumper sticker. We won't believe you otherwise.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
So apparently I'm a little out of the loop... where did this whole published running games media thing come from?