Jimquisition: The Poison of Pre-Order Culture

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Yea, fuck preorders, fuck gamestop, and you know what, I hate to say this but fuck the cattle like gamers who let this become a trend. All those gamers who boasted about paying gamestop (not just the $5 they require; which I thought was absurd to begin with and is not done with any other media, but) the full price of the game as soon as it became available for preorder...months before it launched, thanks for making all this BS possible.
Try acting like responsible consumers who understand the value of money and you might not get totally fucked. And I'm not just talking about the game industry. That's a petty predator. Wait until politicians, car salesmen, and
http://youtu.be/AtK_YsVInw8
I kept saying this kind of shit was going to happen and everyone kept saying I was crazy. Well thanks for the fucking Cassandra complex people.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
I honestly don't see how this particular pre-order incentive is a bad one. The game itself is completely a new story and the DLC is for the hardcore fans that were gonna buy the DLC as soon as possible anyway. In fact, I would rather them give me something like this as a bonus for fronting the money first rather than have to spend an extra $10 - $15 dollars later on. I understand that pre-order bonuses can be dangerous (look no further than Metro Last Light) however we shouldn't start condemning the practice left right and centre.

This is a very good reason to pre-order Alien Isolation if you are a fan of the franchise, and Jim is just being over zealous and cautious because he doesn't wanna see pre-order bonuses become trivial (which is fair). But he took offence at the wrong game, there are enough games coming out with bullshit pre-order bonuses that deserve the frown, for example:

Assassin's Creed Unity (love the series, hate the pre-order incentive bullshit)
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (If I wait 6 months I can get the same shit for even cheaper)

to name a couple...

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
You missed one Jim, notably "fuck the people who keep preordering things like adhd addled idiots who are unable to see how much damage they're doing to the industry".

jobocan

Apr 13, 2009
I pre-order nearly every game I buy. However, it's not for bonuses or anything. Instead, it's because I get all games I pre-order for 30% off in Canada during E3 sales, so I just pre-order everything that I might be mildly interested in (and I cancel any pre-orders for games I don't want anymore).

I do completely agree with you Jim, of course. If it weren't for those pre-order deals here in Canada I wouldn't even think about pre-ordering anything (other than Atlus or NIS games, of course).

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Pre orders don't even make any sense with digital distribution, I honestly cannot fathom why gamers use it. It is only going to get worse the more gamers use it.