Jimquisition: The Sh*tiest Games of 2012

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
Darkja1 said:
He didn't make a Jesus walks into a bar joke. He didn't make a all Christian's are this or that joke. He said he WAS God. This crosses the line from humor to insulting.
This is terribly ironic, considering the fact that Jesus' claims to be the son of God were met with equal rage from his contemporary religious leaders (who felt extremely insulted) that you now exhibit towards Jim.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Beliyal said:
Darkja1 said:
He didn't make a Jesus walks into a bar joke. He didn't make a all Christian's are this or that joke. He said he WAS God. This crosses the line from humor to insulting.
This is terribly ironic, considering the fact that Jesus' claims to be the son of God were met with equal rage from his contemporary religious leaders (who felt extremely insulted) that you now exhibit towards Jim.
This.

This is a thread on a games-related forum. Religion has about zero bearing with the current topic, barring the humorous claim that Jim might as well be our god now. It was just that; humour. Please, Dark, for both your sake and ours - get over it.

dakkster

Aug 22, 2011
Darkja1 said:
Big difference a) Jesus was the son of God
According to a ~2000 year old book of desert stories, yes. Hardly an airtight source.

Darkja1 said:
My point is he mocked the foundation of someones religous belief by not only saying God didn't exist but by claiming he was God's replacement. I wouldn't care if it was directed toward a Buddhist's, Muslim's, Mormon's or any other religions concept of God it would still be wrong. It's not the questioning of the existence it's the way it was done. Claiming yourself as a replacement for God isn't funny it's wrong. Hey I may not agree with other religions concept of God or atheist's non-concept but I don't ridicule them. Surely society has not fallen so low that everyone thinks this kind of behavior is OK.
Huh? As opposed to Christianity itself that has done the exact same thing to other religions for millenia? Only they didn't do it in the name of satire, they were actually serious about it. Claiming your God as a replacement for Odin, Zeus and Krishna isn't funny, it's wrong. Same argument.

And no, you don't get to be exempt from humor if you're a religion. Freedom of speech, Jack. Look it up.

I'm tired of religious people coming in everywhere being holier than thou as if they're suddenly so butthurt about something when they're often part of a religion that has oppressed and censored people by the millions throughout history. Where's your perspective? It's hypocrisy on a massive scale and you are NOT a victim in any way, shape or form. You just need to go buy a sense of humor.

Jim's persona in the Jimquisition is satire to the utmost degree. I really don't understand how you can take that seriously. I mean, for crying out loud, did you ever stop to think about what the title satirizes? The inquisition. There you can talk about oppression. But hey, why learn from history when it's more convenient to ignore it, right?

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
GUYS. It's not called a "dildo bat". It's the PENETRATOR. That's what it's called, that's what it's designed to do.

...and it gets pretty boring in SR3 after a few good rampages. Buy SR3 for its deep story, heart-wrenching drama, and true-to-life realism. Not the Penetrator.

dakkster

Aug 22, 2011
Darkja1 said:
No I agree with you the inquisition was wrong. I agree with you that many choices that the church have made have been wrong and for the wrong reasons. I would also like to point out that there has been corruption in the goverment, media, schools, corporations and anything else that involves a group of people. My point being this religion in itself is not responsible for the things you have mentioned people are. People who are not me. If we tear down an institution with corruption in its past there will be none left. As for the freedom of speech. You are allowed to say what you wish with the knowledge that there can be consequences. That's why there are laws against slander, liable, hate speech, bullying and cyber bullying (none of which apply in this particular instance) in this country. As for not being a victim while I'm not claiming to be seriously injured how does someone directly assaulting my beliefs not qualify as a victim. And before you use satire. I find it ironic that he complained about the same type of humor in a game (the game was also wrong too by the way) and then used it himself five minutes later. I just don't think anything gives him the right to mock ANYONE'S belief system. Everyone has addressed the fact that I am Christian and defending my faith but know has justified what gives him the right to belittle anyone especially when he just criticized a game for belittling a specific group.
The Christian church is still, to this day, directly responsible for thousands dying in Africa because they condemn condom use and that adds thousands of HIV/AIDS victims every day. So no, it's hardly just a thing of the past.

If you are seriously making the argument that Jim's comment of pure satire is in any way slander, libel (not liable), hate speech or bullying, then I don't know what to say.

No one cares if you think he has the right to be funny at the expense of religious people. It's spelled out in the constitution. You cannot possibly be this oversensitive when it comes to humor against your faith.

Laice

Apr 16, 2008
Darkja1 said:
No I agree with you the inquisition was wrong. I agree with you that many choices that the church have made have been wrong and for the wrong reasons. I would also like to point out that there has been corruption in the goverment, media, schools, corporations and anything else that involves a group of people. My point being this religion in itself is not responsible for the things you have mentioned people are. People who are not me. If we tear down an institution with corruption in its past there will be none left. As for the freedom of speech. You are allowed to say what you wish with the knowledge that there can be consequences. That's why there are laws against slander, liable, hate speech, bullying and cyber bullying (none of which apply in this particular instance) in this country. As for not being a victim while I'm not claiming to be seriously injured how does someone directly assaulting my beliefs not qualify as a victim. And before you use satire. I find it ironic that he complained about the same type of humor in a game (the game was also wrong too by the way) and then used it himself five minutes later. I just don't think anything gives him the right to mock ANYONE'S belief system. Everyone has addressed the fact that I am Christian and defending my faith but know has justified what gives him the right to belittle anyone especially when he just criticized a game for belittling a specific group.
From a United Kingdom point of view I find it hilarious that people cry about their right to free speech - whilst trying to quell the speech of others. If you want the right to free speech (READ AS: you can say absolutely anything you want to, without limit), then please allow anyone else the right to free speech, (READ AS: you can say absolutely anything you want to, without limit).
No one's taken away your right to religion, and you have the right to be free of "Jim's Religion". If you can't take the joke, why are you reading this? It's like purposely hammering a nail through your own hand even though you don't enjoy it. Unless you do.
No crime has been committed here, just seems to be a complete lack of common sense or humour and people criticising a satirical critic. Heh it's actually fairly comical this, in the sense that of your own religion you obviously have doubt in your own lord to talk about another idol. If you believe it that hard the thought shouldn't even cross your mind.

Jim get over here so I can wash your feet.

Andrew The Apostle

Socdemparty

Jan 31, 2012
dakkster said:
The Christian church is still, to this day, directly responsible for thousands dying in Africa because they condemn condom use and that adds thousands of HIV/AIDS victims every day. So no, it's hardly just a thing of the past.
I don't think the church is responsible for people sleeping around casually. In fact, that's what they try to teach people not to do. If you don't want HIV/AIDS, why don't you avoid intercourse with people unless you know they're clean? Granted, figuring out who does and doesn't have a disease in the 3rd world is harder than it would be elsewhere, however, all the more reason not to go out seeking a quickie, isn't it?

And just to make sure I don't get dragged into the rest of it; I, Socdemparty, do not actually care about the jokes Jim makes. I understand they are satirical and I am not offended, so I have no input on that matter and do not wish for it to be brought up with me.

Laice

Apr 16, 2008
Darkja1 said:
At this point I have exhausted my point and myself. I am sure I will get a litany of posts about how I'm leaving because I have no valid argument but I feel I'm not being listened to anyhow. How far have we fallen when we defend people mocking others? Goodnight and have fun continue to flame me.
There's a difference between defending someone and pointing out someone's intolerance in attacking them.
Nighty night! Don't let the heathens bite!

PS, the best way to avoid people shouting that you were leaving because you had no valid argument was to just leave and not say anything. People can't accuse you of doing something they don't know you're going to do. (It's called freedom of not-speech!)

Bindal

May 14, 2012
hentropy said:
...and it gets pretty boring in SR3 after a few good rampages. Buy SR3 for its deep story, heart-wrenching drama, and true-to-life realism. Not the Penetrator.
Or buy it for all.

hentropy said:
and true-to-life realism.
Uh... ALMOST all of it. :D

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Darkja1 said:
I wasn't going to post again but explain to me how commenting that someones mocking comment equals intolerance. By the very definition that does not equal intolerance. I respect peoples right to believe what they will WITHOUT mocking all I expect is the decency for them to do the same.
I believe that saying I'm Christ is funny.

Respect my belief.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
Darkja1 said:
Big difference a) Jesus was the son of God...
Actually the Holy Trinity, the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, are all supposed to be different facets of the same entity. So when Jesus claimed he was the son of God, that would make him God.

Jim could just be the missing part to the Holy Quadity.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Folks, Darkja1 has the right to be offended, just like Jim has the right to create art that offends. Both points of view are equally valid. No one is right, no one is wrong, there are just differing beliefs, and we should respect them both.

Let's collectively move on, shall we?

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Well this thread escalated quickly, errrmmm, eeerrr, LOOK BABY PONY!!!

Anyways, im in quite a good mood this year concerning games. Whats funny about being a poor student is that you only tend to buy games you DEFINATLY know you want. I played Skyrim, Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadow of the Collosus HD, Boarderlands 2, Dishonoured (a little, havn't had alot of time to progress) abit of Skylanders (couldn't afford to many of the models) and finally got around to buying and completing Rayman Origins (best game of 2011)... so yeah... feeling pretty gooooood...

dakkster

Aug 22, 2011
Socdemparty said:
dakkster said:
I don't think the church is responsible for people sleeping around casually. In fact, that's what they try to teach people not to do. If you don't want HIV/AIDS, why don't you avoid intercourse with people unless you know they're clean? Granted, figuring out who does and doesn't have a disease in the 3rd world is harder than it would be elsewhere, however, all the more reason not to go out seeking a quickie, isn't it?

And just to make sure I don't get dragged into the rest of it; I, Socdemparty, do not actually care about the jokes Jim makes. I understand they are satirical and I am not offended, so I have no input on that matter and do not wish for it to be brought up with me.
Are you serious?

The Pope himself has spoken out against condom use in Africa.

Condom use is the most no-brainer thing in the world to bring down the number of HIV/AIDS cases. It's proven to work and why in the world WOULDN'T you promote condom use? People WILL have sex. It's in our nature. Even trying to make the argument that you should know someone's clean before you sleep with them WHEN TALKING ABOUT A 3RD WORLD SOCIETY is stupid beyond measure.

It's like you are completely oblivious about the HIV/AIDS and condom problem in Africa. I would suggest that you educate yourself before making completely ignorant posts like the one you did.

Edit: Also, abstinence programs have an efficiency rate of nothing. They're a joke.