Jimquisition: Why Do People Hate EA?

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Dear God, I didn't realize it til just now....THAT'S why I feel better about Activision nowadays, even when they haven't done jack shit to make me feel that way!

What the hell, EA?

(Also, I would like a Gravity Rush shirt, and Jim is one sexy ************)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Not too surprised that IGN publishes corporate propaganda; they are owned by Newscorp aren't they? So that kind of makes it the Foxnews of the game world.

What I find interesting is that while THQ started this whole online pass BS, it doesn't seem to have helped them. Is that the market speaking?

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Damn you for bringing up Bullfrog! I love that company and still cry over its death while replaying Populous and Dungeon Keeper. Damn you EA.... Damn you.

[I would like a Gravity Rush shirt please. Also, Jim is sexy]

I live in Finland, but I am ready to pay the postal fees through Paypal. Like... Right now.

GoddyofAus

Aug 3, 2010
I hope companies like EA and Activision look at Valve with utter disdain. Valve are everything they wish to be but aren't; loyal fanbase who will buy a game developed bythem without a second thought.

Valve are the benchmark for all other businesses to follow in the Gaming industry.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Oh yeah EA, It's always funny to see what stupid decision they will make next, like making a special dead space 2 advertisement (You know which one i am talking about).
Or ruining great devellopers like Bullfrog,Westwood or Phenomic (I take that one personal, because they're from my country and the spellforce series was awesome.)

Rinshan Kaihou

Dec 3, 2009
I agreeo 100% with everything Jim said, once again. EA is such a horrible company, but it sucks because most of the games I look forward to come out of that company. It's like they deliberately go out of their way to be anti-consumer, yet complain when they don't sell enough copies of games or whatever. Also I agree, they shoul dtake a leaf out of valve's book. Valve has probably the most and most loyal fans of any developer/publisher out there, especially since STEAM was done so damned well!

{Also Mr. Jim Sterling, I would love a shirt, you sexy ***** you! Thank GOD, for you :) }

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Another good one Jim. I started having a dislike for EA when they made 1 shitty patch for Rise of the Witch-King and left it to rot. I love that game, and hardcoding some weird-ass delay that even effects LAN games into it just made me a very sad bastard.

Oh, and Jim, ya sexy bastard you, I could always use a new Gravity Rush shirt.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
WaitWHAT said:
Wait, I know EA is evil, but what does activision do, besides the whole CoD schmuck?
Well, there was that time they tried to steal Greg Hastings' identity [http://www.1up.com/news/greg-hastings-activision-steal-identity].

And there was the way they pretty much single-handedly killed off music games through oversaturation.

Jim, sexy beast that he is, wrote about a few more [http://www.destructoid.com/activision-argues-that-it-s-not-an-evil-empire-198825.phtml] last year.

Isaac Levy

Oct 25, 2011
Could you do one on Activision some time? Think I'd get the picture better if I heard it from you, would be interested in the shirt but I'd have trouble hiding my mup size with a large >.>

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
i....100% agree with you on this. every point you made is a point i have made to my friends on why EA is a horrible business. I didnt hate them or activision for awhile. but seeing these horror stories...and idiotic remarks....have made me officially hate them. EA however is ,as you said, worse now.

[I would like the Gravity Rush shirt please. Also Jim is sexy and thank god for you.]

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Anoni Mus said:
SkarKrow said:
Everything wrong with EA can be summarised by playing Bad Company 2 for a few hours.
Then play Battlefield 3.

See the difference?
I thought so.
Not a Battlefield fan but I have both and played both for some hours, what's the difference?
I agree, they're both solid and well polished games. In fact, the diversity in Bad Company 2 was almost....worse. Snipers were too good and shotguns were useless. At least in levels like Metro you can use shotguns.

Also it has some of the best air combat in modern games.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Yeah, I somehow miss the days where Activision was the villain and EA was kinda likable compared to Activision, but now, it's all the way around and I even see Activision as... innofensive compared to the bloated, shitty mess that EA has become.

Thank God for your pearls of wisdom Jim (wink, wink), also, I want that shirt, you're sexy as fuck... I live in Mexico, can you make an exception, you cheap ass, sexy bastard?.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
At least EA isn't IGN. Seriously, how does that happen?

[I would not mind a shirt. I know it could not contain your sexiness, but maybe it will have room for mine.]

Siris

Everyone's Favorite Transvestite
Jan 15, 2009
I think EA does get a whole lot of flak for their choices, and most of it is well deserved. I just find it a bit annoying when the only way people can express their anger is through screaming and swearing as opposed to witty videos -wink wink-

(I would very much like a Gravity Rush shirt, and Jim is the ubermensh)

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
Jim you have come a long long way from the unteachable videos you made when you first appeared here.