Johnny Gat Goes to Hell in Saints Row Standalone Expansion

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
good times. I never expected them to go to Hell to fight Satan. I really wanna see what new antics they come up with for powers.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Yep, I'll be buying this. I didn't think Saints Row could get any wackier, guess I was wrong. Hopefully, it's a good send off for such a great game.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Saints Row 4 was probably the funnest game I played last year. I kept wondering what they could possibly go to after that though, now I know. Hell. We're goin to hell with Gat and Kinzie to shoot Satan in the face. Sign me the fuck up for that.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I expect Gat to kick Satan in the balls and then beat the crap out of him. If they make a new SR5 i hope they have Gat as your righ hand man.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
direkiller said:
hermes200 said:
But at least we got Kenzie, which is good because I can always welcome more Saints Row...
and if they keep the trend of cammeos
im guessing the rest of SR3 cast that did not show up in SR4
lets face it, it's not like they could have ended up anywhere else.
Yesss!! More Oleg, please...
I was bummed out he didn't make it to 4...

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I was hoping for a reboot of the series, or maybe a revelation that everything that happened after SR2 was a dream or one of the Saints telling a story. But strangely, I don't have a problem with this. I actually want it.

leberkaese

May 16, 2014
I'm not too sure about this one. I think I'm the only person on the planet that was disappointed by SR4. They've done just too little to call SR4 a new and fullpriced entry in the series. (okay, this time they at least don't call it SR5)

Sorry, but this one seems to be a repaint of SR4. Which was a repaint of SR3. Make it a $20-30 DLC for SR4, not a completely new game which will probably cost $40-60.

Also, the two 'big' DLC for SR4 from the Season Pass were just too disappointing and unreasonably small for their pricing. I've gotten very careful in trusting this developer.

Kolyarut

Nov 19, 2012
leberkaese said:
I'm not too sure about this one. I think I'm the only person on the planet that was disappointed by SR4. They've done just too little to call SR4 a new and fullpriced entry in the series. (okay, this time they at least don't call it SR5)

Sorry, but this one seems to be a repaint of SR4. Which was a repaint of SR3. Make it a $20-30 DLC for SR4, not a completely new game which will probably cost $40-60.

Also, the two 'big' DLC for SR4 from the Season Pass were just too disappointing and unreasonably small for their pricing. I've gotten very careful in trusting this developer.
"The expansion will cost $19.99, and it'll be available on January 27th 2015"

Looks like you'll be paying $10 less than you'd budgeted for!

leberkaese

May 16, 2014
Kolyarut said:
"The expansion will cost $19.99, and it'll be available on January 27th 2015"

Looks like you'll be paying $10 less than you'd budgeted for!
Okay... that's an unexpected reasonably price. I'll revoke that from my criticism. Should've read the article before I start to rage!

My disappointment about SR4 and its DLCs stays, though!

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
As long as that pathetic, supercilious ***** who's somehow supposed to be Shaundi doesn't go with them, this looks like fun... wait, scratch that. I hope they throw her through the portal just before they shut it permanently.

I miss Eliza Dushku.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
templar1138a said:
As long as that pathetic, supercilious ***** who's somehow supposed to be Shaundi doesn't go with them, this looks like fun... wait, scratch that. I hope they throw her through the portal just before they shut it permanently.

I miss Eliza Dushku.
At first I wasnt a huge fan of Shaundi from SR3, but then SR4 really rounded her out. Those audio recording mind things of young Shaundi really were a nice touch, talking about how she hated it how everyone treated her like a loser, everyone except The Boss. It sort of explained how she went from somewhat useful stoner to sex magnet badass in 3.

Plus the conversations between young Shaundi and old Shaundi were great. It was fun to bring both along and hear them talk to each other.

I really am looking forward to more Kenzie though. Maybe its the badass nerd thing, but I seriously dig me some Kenzie.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
You know, after two SR games I was totally hyped for that turned out to be ultimately hollow experiences, all I can muster at this point is a "meh."

Kolyarut said:
The Jonny Gat focus is quite offputting (I started the series with 3, was baffled by the opening sequence but loved the rest of the game, but didn't see anything to like when he was reintroduced later in 4 - just a bunch of characters hero-worshipping what seemed to be the least remarkable character on the screw)...
Gamers like constant things in their games. Gat was an icon mostly because he was the only character (other than the boss) constant throughout the franchise.

He had his moments in 2, but the tone was enough different that he didn't quite fit in 3 anyway.

templar1138a said:

I miss Eliza Dushku.
Maybe we'll meet the real Shaundi in Hell?

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
youji itami said:
erttheking said:
You just don't see fun ideas like this in the rest of the AAA industry.
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon says high.
Cool...any others? Or just that one? Because in my books, only ONE other example doesn't constitute that it's a popular idea.

EmperorZinyak

Aug 3, 2014
Oh my god, YES! The Ouija board teaser image made me think it was going to take place in a city based on New Orleans and have voodoo black magic to replace superpowers, but this looks amazing.

Stabinbac

Nov 25, 2010
Probably more good mindless fun, but I'll always have a sadness in my heart when there's a new Volition game that isn't FreeSpace.

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
If they toss in a Meatloaf song (Alive, Bat out of He'll, or I Would Do Anything for Love), count me in.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Micah Weil said:
I came for the Saints Row, but stayed for the price tag. This is fantastic.
Also answers my question of "where are they going to go next with this?".
The answer? Not disappointing at all...
THANK you! I started with IV, actually, but I didn't care for all the fuss about Gat either. Good thing we get Kenzie!

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
shintakie10 said:
At first I wasnt a huge fan of Shaundi from SR3, but then SR4 really rounded her out. Those audio recording mind things of young Shaundi really were a nice touch, talking about how she hated it how everyone treated her like a loser, everyone except The Boss. It sort of explained how she went from somewhat useful stoner to sex magnet badass in 3.
Character development is one thing, but they went too far with making her a badass. Not only that, but her ethnicity and BODY TYPE changed. Eliza Dushku not returning for SR3 was a bad enough slap in the face, but literal resculpting of Shaundi was a figurative backhand to follow it up.