JonTron takes a hiatus from GameGrumps

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Well, I felt it was coming eventually. Game Grumps was really good in the beginning, but I think it stagnated. I particularly didn't care for the Sonic 06 videos, and I think that was the anchor that weighted the show down. I mean seriously over a hundred videos of that game of pure drivel, while other better games got only got a few episodes if lucky.

But if JonTron is actually going to be making more JonTron, than I am happy, because he was the reason I started watching Game Grumps because I really love all his work on his JonTron channel.

War Penguin said:

Ah, good ol' Game Grumps! :D

Ha ha ha ha ha ha-wah wah wah wah wah waaaaahhh! I MISS HIM ALREADY!!! Dx
You know what sadly hilarious about that video, it actually comes very close to what current Family Feud is like on TV these days. I've seen several instances of contestants giving horrible answers, that end up revealing an answer that is pretty much anything but what they gave. Any time that happens, it seriously feels like the game is rigged in one family's favor(and I even saw during some of those moments when the camera cut to the opposing family and they have puzzled looks of disgust).

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Saltyk said:
Though, who is the girl with them? I know Arin, and I'm pretty sure the guy is Barry, who edits the show, but I don't think I've ever heard mention of a girl that supports the show in any way.
That's Suzie, Arin's fiancee. I don't know how she supports the show, but she was referenced in some episodes as "Suzie the goose"

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
I was really shocked at how pissed off people seem to be about Jon leaving. I mean, it's a bit emotional, but whatever, the show will be cut up into eras, like Black Sabbath. We just witnessed Ozzy being replaced.

As for his replacement, I thought Danny's debut was pretty good. As for the opening of Steam Train... yeesh. Hopefully they just didn't have anything to talk about that time, and they'll have stuff to say next time. Or at least shut up when they don't.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
It was the most ungraceful, tactless way to transition a new co-host into the mix.

In one day the Grump fanbase is told that Jon is leaving, given a new episode with the new guy and a brand new show on the channel which features neither of the two original Grumps.

It's too much, far too soon.

I don't mind Danny as a Grump, but they did not handle this well at all.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I'm probably not gonna watch game grumps religiously anymore. Although, I've always loved Danny Sexbang, but I don't think he can recreate the chemistry Jon and Arin had.

Looking forward to the new JonTrons <3

Oh, and Steam Train is pretty neat looking.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Um...I do kinda wanna ask one thing.

Why is everyone calling it a hiatus? I'm pretty sure this is it. I've seen nothing from the channel itself or either Grumps that says it's a small break. Why do people say he's coming back?

Jast

Mar 18, 2009
Well I guess I am on board with the whole "Oh early Game Grumps was far better than current Game Grumps" so I look at this with optimism. I do enjoy the Jontron show but I felt that Jon on Game Grumps recently has been him trying way to hard to be funny by yelling, making weird noises, and trying to be like the Continue Show. I am unfamiliar with Dan but maybe having a new person will give the show a boost.

Zeke Joseph

Jun 26, 2013
I guess when Jon left Game Grumps his fans went with him.
Frankly I do love Game Grumps ( I guess you could say I love off-the-wall commentary) I really do. But it took JonTron leaving to make me realize that i didn't go over to Game Grumps to see Arin grump over games but to see Arin's polar opposite entertain me.(which by the way is JonTron) He is the counterbalance to Arin's grumpy-ness forcing Arin's tolerance and randomness to rise with every episode. I know some people thought Game Grumps were getting pretty repetitive but that's the way they function. I respect JonTron's decision however. I love JonTrons as well. As for game grumps or Steam Train, the Grumps as for now are dead to the world. Now I'm not saying Dan is bad, he's pretty good but that's it he's good not JonTron, he even out-grumps Arin making the show lose most of its charismatic feel to it. Also the response to JonTron's departure was terrible, as soon as JonTron leaves we have another episode with a replacement Jon, acting as if none of this never happened. Also another show, Steam Train is introduced soon after. It looked preempted and heartless, but that's my take on it. BUT, we have more JonTrons so that's a plus. I just hope there is some sort of video announcement type thing to straighten everything out, and soon.
Until that date, Goodbye Game Grumps, Hello JonTronShow
and hey if anybody wants to send me their take on the situation, email me I'd love to hear it at [email protected]

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
The_Echo said:
It was the most ungraceful, tactless way to transition a new co-host into the mix.

In one day the Grump fanbase is told that Jon is leaving, given a new episode with the new guy and a brand new show on the channel which features neither of the two original Grumps.

It's too much, far too soon.

I don't mind Danny as a Grump, but they did not handle this well at all.
I kinda agree. I don't mind Danny so far, but they definitely could have made a much slower and smoother transition. Just this morning I didn't know any of this was happening and suddenly BOOM! Jon's leaving! BOOM! New co-host! BOOM! New show on the same channel!

For now though, I'll give Danny a chance. From what I've seen so far, he's pretty funny.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
I was never a Game Grumps fan. My friend who was really into it showed me a few of his favorite episodes and tried to get me interested, but the screeching noises they made and the way they didn't really pay attention to the game always turned me off. I like the new Danny stuff though. He's interested in the game and can play while commentating. It might help that I was a fan of his before he joined the show though. BTW, you all should totally check out his stuff, it's glorious in the stupidest kind of way.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I gave up on GameGrumps a while ago, it was too silly and I prefer when Egoraptor does critical analysis of the games, like in his Sequelitis videos.

God, I wish he would make more of those...

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
The Steam Train episode was a bit... rough around the edges but Ross and Dan are both funny dudes so it can only go up from here.
Other than that... it's just youtube... get over it.
Maybe it would have been a better idea to have a Jontron episode prepared for release at the time of announcement so people wouldn't be so bitchy about him leaving GG, but then again that probably wasn't possible/preferable for him.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Good news as far as I'm concerned, never liked Game Grumps, and Jontron makes really good solo videos, so more of thise is a win.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
rob_simple said:
I gave up on GameGrumps a while ago, it was too silly and I prefer when Egoraptor does critical analysis of the games, like in his Sequelitis videos.

Same here, GG was fun at first, then it became, "hey we game, and talk about random stuff and sing so people can make silly flashes about us"

Sequelitis is an awesome series, pun not intended.
JonTron solo is vastly funnier than his stuff in GG.

ubersyanyde

Dec 9, 2011
EDIT: Confirmed bullshit. Thanks for making me look like a gullible idiot, 4chan.

Incase you guys didn't see these posts on /v/, the reason for their splitting up may have been to do with this:

I'm not claiming this is legit or anything but it's a possible explanation.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
ubersyanyde said:
Incase you guys didn't see these posts on /v/, the reason for their splitting up may have been to do with this:

I'm not claiming this is legit or anything but it's a possible explanation.
"Nicole was snickering about Ego's Fiance, Ego slapped her, Jon left, as did his girlfriend. That's it, they're no longer friends."

....WUT...

I know you're not claiming this is true, and in a way I'm glad you found this. But that sounds like complete horseshit.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
K84 said:
rob_simple said:

Same here, GG was fun at first, then it became, "hey we game, and talk about random stuff and sing so people can make silly flashes about us"

Sequelitis is an awesome series, pun not intended.
JonTron solo is vastly funnier than his stuff in GG.
True, although, that being said, I think this particular flash pretty much sums up my feelings on the GG's, (and is also pretty hilarious):

I'll check out JonTron's solo stuff, though; I'm always looking for new LP'ers to watch while I wait for Retsupurae to update theirs.