Joss Whedon Interested in Directing a Star Wars Movie

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
After having watched Age of Ultron, put me down as a "No thank you."

He pretty much botched the climatic fight scene in that movie. I don't know how you do that, but he sucked all the dramatic tension out of the last 30 minutes of the movie. I left the theater confused. "That was it?"

I'm of the opinion that the newness of the first Avengers movie, combined with some really good character performances (Tom Hiddleston as Loki) sort of glossed over the fact that he's actually bad at action movies. It was all on the line in Age of Ultron, and frankly - he didn't deliver.

I honestly don't feel like he could do better with Star Wars.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Jake Martinez said:
After having watched Age of Ultron, put me down as a "No thank you."

He pretty much botched the climatic fight scene in that movie. I don't know how you do that, but he sucked all the dramatic tension out of the last 30 minutes of the movie. I left the theater confused. "That was it?"

I'm of the opinion that the newness of the first Avengers movie, combined with some really good character performances (Tom Hiddleston as Loki) sort of glossed over the fact that he's actually bad at action movies. It was all on the line in Age of Ultron, and frankly - he didn't deliver.

I honestly don't feel like he could do better with Star Wars.
I just watched it, too. I kinda feel the same way. Though I'm not sure what to point the finger at.

I don't know if it was the way they introduced The Vision, or something else. But Ultron was kinda... weird. Like, was he ever threatening during the final battle? I didn't think so. Once they established that he didn't get his new body and was forced to pull something out of his ass with the colony drop it just seemed like it was going through the motions.