Joss Whedon is now helming Justice League movie.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
TakerFoxx said:
Good Lord, after Avengers people couldn't praise Whedon enough and go on about how he's the best person to handle these ensemble movies, but when Age of Ultron was sort of meh suddenly he's a hack and the worst possible replacement and on and on and on. What fickle creatures comic fans be.

Its a weird turn of hyperbole imo. Heck, the guy was trying his best with Age of Ultron due to being too overly ambitious with the film and butting heads with the studio on it.

Also I don't get when people say he's a hack. Really? The guy who gave us Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and hell, his best work ever Firefly plus its film finale Serenity. He has a few duds such as Dollhouse and maybe Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but nobody's perfect. Though for Agents case, that issue could go towards more to his brother Jed.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Natemans said:
Also I don't get when people say he's a hack. Really? The guy who gave us Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and hell, his best work ever Firefly plus its film finale Serenity. He has a few duds such as Dollhouse and maybe Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but nobody's perfect. Though for Agents case, that issue could go towards more to his brother Jed.
Whatever else he may or may not be, Whedon is one of the best writers in cinema when it comes to generating tension by having characters bounce off of each other. Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Avengers all have that in common, that they have an ensemble of characters and much of the drama and tension is created by their reactions to each others' reactions to the unfolding events.

Considering my lukewarm feelings towards DC's movie "universe" so far I doubt Whedon can salvage the movie. Especially since Snyder is absolutely atrocious at generating inter-character drama and tension (Sucker Punch is a case study in interesting characters going under-utilized and Batman v Superman manages to bungle its' main conceit completely). But if the framework Snyder set up is solid, maybe Whedon can make it functional or better by using his skills to make the Justice League actually have some compelling inter-group drama.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Darth Rosenberg said:
Absolutely, and in a way I'd prefer some of the MCU films dialed back the humour a little. But the comparison to YT comments was surely quite fair ("And that what makes it cool, but now its gonna be lame now that its gonna be more like Marvel"), and variety is the spice of life.
Frankly, as someone who's pretty tired of the way the internet evangelizes Marvel's films I don't necessarily disagree with the idea that DC trying to chase the same track is trite, boring, and a bad idea. It's not exactly the same thing as OP's reasoning, sure, but I appreciated that DC was at least trying to be different, and mostly take issue with the fact that they didn't seem to realize exactly how to go about "being different".

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Zhukov said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Joss Whedon is now helming the Justice League movie, and I really do not like the choice, I mean I know I have been told that he's only now editing director for post production but still, they could not find anyone else better than Whedon? I mean I liked the first Avengers, but the Avengers 2 utterly dissapointed me and gattered me and showed off the Whedons flaws.

I mean they could have had Geoff Johns helming the project considering he now has a hand in these DC movies, heck any great writer from Comic Books themselves, but no its Joss Whedon, because he made Avengers.
A quick bit of Googling reveals that Whedon has already been collaborating on Justice League for months now. Apparently he was writing for the reshoots that Snyder was filming until recently. Whatever "damage" you think Whedon is going to do to the movie has already been done.

It seems that Snyder asked him to take over. He was the natural choice since he was already involved, both with this film in particular and the DC movies in general.
Could we/Snyder ask Whedon to turn the lights on? Grim Dark doesn't mean the movie has to have little lighting. WW looks the same, and that disappoints me. Suicide Squad had some splashes of colour and it was great

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Darth Rosenberg said:
I don't feel a comparison with Nolan's trilogy is fair, given their intentions were so different; the Arkham-esque warehouse scene - murderous-moron Batman aside - is well done, but I would never have wanted to see it in Batman Begins/The Dark Knight.
It's only unfair in the sense that it's comparing one director's strengths to another director's weaknesses. Nolan does a combination of gripping, twisty-turny narratives (that don't necessarily make sense, but you don't notice) and elaborate practical effects that are so good you don't even realise that they're actually practical effects. Neither one lends itself particularly well to a fight scene.

A car chase, sure. The car chase in The Dark Knight, with the truck flipping? That's genius. They actually flipped a truck for that. But Nolan never seems to make that stuff work as impressively when it comes to fight choreography.

Snyder, on the other hand, actually has a very carefully-honed grasp of how to convey the sense of motion and impact through the use of the camera, plus a very detailed visual imagination when it comes to actually planning the fights out. It's never "guy punches guy, guy falls down." He's got a specific picture in his head, and then he makes that happen on the camera. Most directors settle for just cutting really quickly and really frequently to make it look like more is happening than actually is happening.

Darth Rosenberg said:
As for Marvel films? Eh, whilst I think there are still too many cuts, the sense of tension and meaning (re characters doing thing, as opposed to Snyder's dead-eyed icons) in, say, the Cap/Winter Soldier highway fight is superior to anything in MoS or BvS, particularly when the whole scene's under scrutiny; music and sound effects are superbly used in that, all to emphasise the moment the mask comes off. Action serves character narrative.
The best parts about Winter Soldier's action scenes was the shield physics. That really impressed me.

I would rate Winter Soldier a better movie than MoS or BvS overall because it just did a lot of things right and very few things wrong, but in terms of the fight scenes only, it's a much closer race. But Winter Soldier is still a contender, yeah.

Darth Rosenberg said:
And I feel Netflix Daredevil S1 out-Batman's Batman in a few scenes (the carpark rescue comes to mind), as well as stages its own gruelingly brilliant action in the hallway sequence.
Okay, Daredevil bugs the hell out of me. It has some excellent fight choreography with some clever use of editing, perspective, and stunt-double-switching to give the impression that it's done in a single take, Oldboy-style. But what shits me about it is that the choreographer decided to make Daredevil's signature finishing move the stupidest kick imaginable. He like...turns his back to the guy, crouches like he's taking a dump, and then backflips so that the base of his foot sorta-kinda-not-at-all-really hits the dude.

I just cannot take that kick seriously. I imagine it gets used so much because it's hard to do and the stunt double must be really proud of the fact that he can do it, but it's just such a ridiculously impractical kick. I can't do it. It makes me laugh every time I see it, and in a bad way.

The rest of the show's good, though. Oh! Except for Season 2, where the hundred or so Hand ninjas all decide to fuck off and let four or five guys fight Daredevil one at a time. Those Hand ninjas can go fuck themselves. (Which would be...a date with the Hand, I guess?)

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Let's be honest: This won't lead into a campy shift in tone. For one thing, the film is scheduled to be out in 6 months, so I don't think there's much more directing left to be done before the film goes into post-production.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Natemans said:
He has a few duds such as Dollhouse and maybe Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but nobody's perfect. Though for Agents case, that issue could go towards more to his brother Jed.
Honestly, I wouldn't even say Dollhouse was a dud. Yes, the first few episodes were mediocre and Eliza Dushku doesn't really have the range required for the role. But those aside, once it hit its stride it got really good. Hell, I'd say the second season was some of the best writing he's done.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Frankly, as someone who's pretty tired of the way the internet evangelizes Marvel's films...
Given it's one of the most successful films series in history - and it's been demonstrably well thought out and guided - I think the praise the MCU gets is entirely fair.

Star Wars couldn't go six films without 50% of that being garbage... The MCU's gone, what, fourteen or fifteen now without a single real creative stinker? That's an absolutely remarkable achievement. Has some of that come at the cost of homogeneity, and a new 'Marvel method'? Yes, but even its most bland entries (Thor 2) or creative brainfarts (Iron Man 2... which is actually my vote for worse MCU film yet) aren't as misjudged, as technically deficient, or as poorly written as either MoS or, particularly, BvS. I've not seen Suicide Squad but everything I've seen and heard rather makes me despise it (I don't like Will Smith, and so Will Smith Will Smithing Deadshot will make me want to throw things at the screen).

For anti-populist contrarians - no idea if that includes you at all - the MCU's as easy target to be sniffy at, but its qualities are hard to deny, as is the accomplishment (no one else has ever done what Feige and co have).

...I don't necessarily disagree with the idea that DC trying to chase the same track is trite, boring, and a bad idea. It's not exactly the same thing as OP's reasoning, sure, but I appreciated that DC was at least trying to be different, and mostly take issue with the fact that they didn't seem to realize exactly how to go about "being different".
That's fair, and I think Warner are rather pathetic for essentially bottling it rather than truly find their own tone.

...although, one could make the case that superhero characters and arcs of the like The Avengers and Justice League contain are simply inherently ridiculous and arch, i.e. you cannot deal with them and their universes in the same way Nolan dealt with Batman, for example. Making rather ridiculous scenarios and character match-up's grimdark tends to just make them more ridiculous.

I'm not sure a darker tone really suits the DCEU - or, at least, certainly not if it's Snyder/Terrio/Goyer's ignorant, superficial, visionless comprehension of these characters and worlds. Affleck could make for a fine Bruce Wayne and Batman, ditto Cavill for Kent/Supes (I pretty much want a do-over; I'd love to have seen Man Of Steel deliver on its rather gorgeous, Malick-esque original teaser. we really didn't get that film or that Superman). They both deserve so much better, regardless of tone. Not so sure about Wonder Woman, though. I don't see any trace of Gal Gadot's charisma in the role yet.

Perhaps if Warner had any conviction, they'd have 'hard R'd' the universe to give it a real . But then that would raise its own fundamental issues, chief amongst them being if you're going to use Superman on the bigscreen, it surely needs to be kid friendly.

TakerFoxx said:
Honestly, I wouldn't even say Dollhouse was a dud. Yes, the first few episodes were mediocre and Eliza Dushku doesn't really have the range required for the role. But those aside, once it hit its stride it got really good. Hell, I'd say the second season was some of the best writing he's done.
I heartily agree with that. It's also by the far darkest, most twisted, most poignantly bittersweet resolution to a story he's ever crafted.

Not that he didn't make mistakes on Dollhouse, but he made them at the behest of Fox who wanted five back to back 'pilots'. I'd say those eps are some of the worst things Joss's ever put his name to, but, again, it really wasn't all down to him. He was doing what Fox wanted, and to be fair he admitted not really knowing how best to deal with them or give them what they wanted (or find a balance). From ep6 onwards S1 has some incredible episodes and writing, and even though S2 was on fast-forward as they knew they were being cancelled, it still soars. Both Epitaphs are particularly beautiful/eerie/tragic, too (great use of music and some licensed songs).

bastardofmelbourne said:
It's only unfair in the sense that it's comparing one director's strengths to another director's weaknesses.
Well, exactly, and they are their strengths because it's what - to nod to a Batman Begins line... - they choose to do that defines them, ergo they have very different priorities.

Nolan does a combination of gripping, twisty-turny narratives (that don't necessarily make sense, but you don't notice) and elaborate practical effects that are so good you don't even realise that they're actually practical effects. Neither one lends itself particularly well to a fight scene.
That sounds like we're agreeing on it being an unfair comparison. Did you ever pine for Snyder's action whilst watching Bale and Ledger go at it in the interview room? I'd say the true finale to The Dark Knight is the stand-off between Bats, Dent, and Gordon; to me that's a better, more exciting, more horribly tense 'action' scene than Snyder's empty head's ever crafted, and it was just three people standing together shouting a bit...

All the ideas and arcs and events boiled down to that one scene, and it's an incredible sequence.

(apropos Nolan; heh, Dunkirk has no mind frying gimmick, and no grand reveal up its sleeve... it may be his most conventional film yet, so it'll be interesting how it turns out)

...with the truck flipping? That's genius. They actually flipped a truck for that. But Nolan never seems to make that stuff work as impressively when it comes to fight choreography.
Again, to me that was more exciting than any CG fest in BvS, as it was a moment of impactful tension that segued superbly into what follows. The Dark Knight's tension is largely internalised (multiple surges towards new crises), which is perfect for what the two main characters 'at stake' are going through (Bruce and Dent). Include lots of 'badass' fight scenes and that pacing, focus, and tension dissipates. Action scenes are, after all, so often diffuses of dramatic tension.

The worst of the trilogy - The Dark Knight Rises - could've done with more elaborately staged action, sure, as its tone was far more comicbooky and arch. That said, I do think the first Bane confrontation is finely staged, once you roll with the notion that this Batman clearly ain't too good with the martial arts...

Still, it pees - from a great height - all over BvS's anticlimactic 'versus'. Batman going up against Bane in that scene is an extension of Bruce's ego and hubris, whilst he's also ostensibly confronting his own past (though he doesn't know to what extent). There is a connection of themes and histories, an established conflict, and it serves a clear dramatic purpose. And I'm apparently amongst the minority, as well, in that I love both Bale's Batman voice post-Begins and Bane's. Ledger's performance is phenomenal, and his character is used far better thematically in TDK, but I actually prefer Rises' Bane as far as on-screen comicbook villains go. Hardy's not that tall, but Nolan and co shoot him to be incredibly imposing, and his body language is note perfect for the role.

Catwoman stepping away, beginning to realise what she's done, the overall sense of menace, the way it's photographed, etc. It's a fine scene, in an admittedly rather stupid film (the 'Send EEEEVERYONE!' [into the sewers] plot detail still pisses me the hell off).

So as I said: if all you want is contextless brutes enacting violence on each other, then sure, Snyder's your man. But I kinda don't care about choreography in these films - it's a nice bonus (Captain America kicking ass, post-The First Avenger is perhaps my favourite comicbook flavour of action, ever. Cap just ploughing through a guy in the wide shot on the ship at the start of TWS just never gets old... I always wish they'd hold that shot for longer. most of the MCU's scores are ho-hum, but TWS's is fantastic, and it greatly adds to all the major scraps).

If I just want great fight choreography, I'll watch The Raid again (whose combat, apparently, influenced the Russo's for TWS).

Nolan (and even Whedon) uses action better than Snyder dramatically - and when I'm paying to see a film featuring interesting characters and icons, I'm going for them primarily, not Bayhem.

The best parts about Winter Soldier's action scenes was the shield physics. That really impressed me.

I would rate Winter Soldier a better movie than MoS or BvS overall because it just did a lot of things right and very few things wrong, but in terms of the fight scenes only, it's a much closer race. But Winter Soldier is still a contender, yeah.
Cap had been my favourite Avenger (mostly from The Ultimates, anti-French sentiment aside... ), and so I'm a tad biased, but TWS is one of my favourite action films of all time, frankly. It ain't perfect, but man, for me it's close, and by some margin the MCU's best. Chris Evans in that role is a superb example of the right actor, in the right role, and - crucially - with the right understanding and execution. All the stars aligned for MCU's Cap (though I'd personally prefer he was a little more Ultimates, and that they played up his actual role as team leader more).

Hell, if Daredevil's Batman done right (re a morally grey, slightly unhinged night lovin' vigilante beating the shit into his city's underworld, etc), then MCU Cap's Superman done right... but this ain't the thread to dredge up why the useless inclusion of The Death Of Superman arc adds to BvS's awfulness (BvS is X-3's spiritual twin in terms of seeing who can burn through as many potentially interesting and/or iconic arcs in the space of a single film).

The opening mission on the ship (character narrative sprinkled throughout, whilst setting up the plot, whilst just being great action at the same time), the lift fight, the sprawling highway fight - I'll add the Russo's to the list of directors better at using and queuing up action than Snyder.

Okay, Daredevil bugs the hell out of me. It has some excellent fight choreography with some clever use of editing, perspective, and stunt-double-switching to give the impression that it's done in a single take, Oldboy-style.
Apropos [affected?] single takes: love the 360 from inside the car in S1, too. I'd seen the hallway sequence before seeing the show, unfortunately, but I hadn't known about that, or the carpark rescue.

But what shits me about it is that the choreographer decided to make Daredevil's signature finishing move the stupidest kick imaginable. He like...turns his back to the guy, crouches like he's taking a dump, and then backflips so that the base of his foot sorta-kinda-not-at-all-really hits the dude.

I just cannot take that kick seriously. I imagine it gets used so much because it's hard to do and the stunt double must be really proud of the fact that he can do it, but it's just such a ridiculously impractical kick. I can't do it. It makes me laugh every time I see it, and in a bad way.
Heh, that is quite goofy. I'm not familiar enough with the character to know whether that might be some reference to a famous Daredevil panel, or line, or not.

I felt the alleyway showdown between he and Kingpin was quite poor, too, but to be fair it's not easy to stage action when they probably didn't have a very good D'Onofrio double to really develop the scene. It's also shot quite poorly, almost as if they were pressed for time.

Still, Daredevil S1 absolutely blew me away. Not finished Jessica Jones S1 yet, but I really can't see how that's the critical darling of the Netflix stable - DD S1's leagues ahead of it almost every possible way (direction, themes, antagonist, writing, action).

The rest of the show's good, though. Oh! Except for Season 2, where the hundred or so Hand ninjas all decide to fuck off and let four or five guys fight Daredevil one at a time. Those Hand ninjas can go fuck themselves. (Which would be...a date with the Hand, I guess?)
I actually have S2 sitting on a pile of new/recent Blu-rays, unopened, about a foot away on this table, so I've not started it yet. I'm late to all the Netflix parties, so I'm just waiting to build a physical collection. From all I've heard, I might give Iron Fist a miss...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Darth Rosenberg said:
shrekfan246 said:
Frankly, as someone who's pretty tired of the way the internet evangelizes Marvel's films...
Given it's one of the most successful films series in history - and it's been demonstrably well thought out and guided - I think the praise the MCU gets is entirely fair.

Star Wars couldn't go six films without 50% of that being garbage... The MCU's gone, what, fourteen or fifteen now without a single real creative stinker? That's an absolutely remarkable achievement. Has some of that come at the cost of homogeneity, and a new 'Marvel method'? Yes, but even its most bland entries (Thor 2) or creative brainfarts (Iron Man 2... which is actually my vote for worse MCU film yet) aren't as misjudged, as technically deficient, or as poorly written as either MoS or, particularly, BvS. I've not seen Suicide Squad but everything I've seen and heard rather makes me despise it (I don't like Will Smith, and so Will Smith Will Smithing Deadshot will make me want to throw things at the screen).

For anti-populist contrarians - no idea if that includes you at all - the MCU's as easy target to be sniffy at, but its qualities are hard to deny, as is the accomplishment (no one else has ever done what Feige and co have).
I would contest most of those claims. Most obviously, success is no barometer for how "good" something is or isn't; just look at Transformers, for instance. As well, I'm not going to get into a discussion about this but you mention Star Wars as if the prequels are a universal equalizer for what makes a "bad film", and I actually still rather enjoy them. Moreover, as I've previously stated, I believe that the Marvel Cineverse is mostly comprised of mediocre action films. They're fine, they're competently choreographed, they have snappy dialogue, yay. The reason they seem to get higher praise than they would if they were just any other normal flick is because they're based on a similar comic universe, so people are giving them credit for... something? They aren't actually doing anything "no one else has ever done". All they're doing is using a shared canon for a series of films, literally the only difference between this and any other franchise is that every film isn't centered around the exact same group of characters, so they don't use sequential naming systems. By that token, some smart businessman certainly earned his due when he figured out that people would get sick of the universe right fast if they jumped into the deep end with The Avengers first and then had 13 of those films following it.

I'm not saying the films don't deserve any praise at all, I'm saying that a large part of the praise they do receive is complete bull because it's for things that aren't even related to the actual films, or inflates the qualities of them because people are just excited that a series of comic book superhero films has remained consistently not bad for so long. But, you know, by now I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that the internet is always going to lose its shit over the next new Marvel film, so whatevs.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
trunkage said:
Zhukov said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Joss Whedon is now helming the Justice League movie, and I really do not like the choice, I mean I know I have been told that he's only now editing director for post production but still, they could not find anyone else better than Whedon? I mean I liked the first Avengers, but the Avengers 2 utterly dissapointed me and gattered me and showed off the Whedons flaws.

I mean they could have had Geoff Johns helming the project considering he now has a hand in these DC movies, heck any great writer from Comic Books themselves, but no its Joss Whedon, because he made Avengers.
A quick bit of Googling reveals that Whedon has already been collaborating on Justice League for months now. Apparently he was writing for the reshoots that Snyder was filming until recently. Whatever "damage" you think Whedon is going to do to the movie has already been done.

It seems that Snyder asked him to take over. He was the natural choice since he was already involved, both with this film in particular and the DC movies in general.
Could we/Snyder ask Whedon to turn the lights on? Grim Dark doesn't mean the movie has to have little lighting. WW looks the same, and that disappoints me. Suicide Squad had some splashes of colour and it was great
Really? I agree with you on the color palette issue, but I felt Suicide Squad kinda had the same problem. The only time the film had color was just that post production added use of spray paint color. Other than that, the rest of the movie looks really grey to me. Hell, there's a part where the screen was covered in fire and it was still dark to look at.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
trunkage said:
Yeah, it'd be nice. The thing I'm liking least about the WW clips and trailers is that they seem to be running with the washed-out blue-grey bollocks for many of the scenes.

Although I'm with Natemans in that I have no idea what you mean with Suicide Squad. I thought it was generally crap and just as grey and colourless as the other DC movies.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Zhukov said:
trunkage said:
Yeah, it'd be nice. The thing I'm liking least about the WW clips and trailers is that they seem to be running with the washed-out blue-grey bollocks for many of the scenes.

Although I'm with Natemans in that I have no idea what you mean with Suicide Squad. I thought it was generally crap and just as grey and colourless as the other DC movies.
Regardless of quality, you can't deny that SS had color. It may have been the kind of color that you see after eating a pound of jellybeans, getting sick, and throwing up, but it was there.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Avengers 2 also had a bunch of studio interference from Ike Perlmutter. Avengers 2 is why Kevin Feige doesn't answer to him anymore because Perlmutter is a fucking idiot. Avengers 2 was not all Whedon's fault, and even though it was average it's better than the 3 DCEU films.
Kinda weird, didn't Whedon quit the MCU because the constant studio exec interference changing of story and shoe horning of bits of plot that had no real meaning to the movie (Thor's going for a bath in a cave scene I am looking at you here) where what he claims broke him, that he couldn't take any more so quit.

Now he's working on the DCU a set of movies that is infamous for studio and exec meddling, last minute changes, rewrites, reshoots and forcing stupid plot points in to their movies that make no sense at all (Marthaaaaaaa! I am certainly am looking at you)

Well good luck with that move Joss.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Natemans said:
trunkage said:
Zhukov said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Really? I agree with you on the color palette issue, but I felt Suicide Squad kinda had the same problem. The only time the film had color was just that post production added use of spray paint color. Other than that, the rest of the movie looks really grey to me. Hell, there's a part where the screen was covered in fire and it was still dark to look at
I said splashes - like if BvS is a 10 on the Grim Dark scale, SS might be a 9. The average movies would be about a 3. Splash. Doesn't even cover a whole scene

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Zhukov said:
trunkage said:

I meant the colour was great in comparison to BvS. Not compared to a normal movie

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
trunkage said:
Natemans said:
trunkage said:
Zhukov said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Really? I agree with you on the color palette issue, but I felt Suicide Squad kinda had the same problem. The only time the film had color was just that post production added use of spray paint color. Other than that, the rest of the movie looks really grey to me. Hell, there's a part where the screen was covered in fire and it was still dark to look at
I said splashes - like if BvS is a 10 on the Grim Dark scale, SS might be a 9. The average movies would be about a 3. Splash. Doesn't even cover a whole scene
Meh, fair enough.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Saelune said:
I get you probably know you are being hyperbolic, but still...Uwe Boll exists.
If they gave that man 200 million USD to make a Justice League movie, not only would I pay to watch, I would dig into my savings and pay for everyone in this thread to see it too. No joke, no hyperbole, I totally would do it simply because it.........would........be.......glorious! Not the actual movie itself but the resulting financial scandal after we all sat down to watch an eight-million dollar film starring Ray Liotta as Batman, Tara Reid as Wonder Woman and Michael Madsen as The Flash. No wait, Christian Slater as The Flash.