Journey is utter brilliance

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
I came in here expecting a smokey room, the smell of wine and cheap perfume.

I did not find these things and I am pissed. C- would not ebay with again.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I thought you were talking about the band. I hate those guys.
But yeah I have no idea which game you're talking about.

Dec 14, 2009
Salad Is Murder said:
I came in here expecting a smokey room, the smell of wine and cheap perfume.

I did not find these things and I am pissed. C- would not ebay with again.
I was fully expecting this joke, and prepared accordingly.

You brought this on yourself.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
So I bought this game solely on reading the first post of this thread thinking "Why not?". I have to say I got one really amazing experience. At first I was kind of bitter about the fact that there were other people with me. I'm usually a lone gamer, even in MMO's, but by the end of the game I was always by the side of my companion. The whole world is just beautiful, and the fact that they have an underwater area that isn't even underwater is just amazing. Not to mention it scared the crap out of me. This is a very short game, but it is an amazing experience, well worth it.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Got this game a little while ago and played it through in one go (only about 1 and a half hours long) usually I would be pretty annoyed at spending 10 pounds on something thats over so fast but the game was almost everything I had hoped, I enjoyed every second of it. It just felt fresh and original without being pretentious and needlessly arty, its an experience really more than a game dont expect much challenge here just sit back and enjoy the flow.

Its a shame trophys are attached to it I think it actually detracts from the experience more so than usual in this game.

I havent bought any of the studios other games so dont know how it compares but it really does feel like a fulfillment of a vision just go in with an accepting attitude and I think most people will be satisfied at the end of their (short) journey.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
I got it the other day and even though I haven't been playing it for very long I already love the co-op feature. I don't know how it does it but the game does a really good job of binding you to your partner. I actually felt worry when I didn't know where they had gone and felt like I was seriously letting them down when I had to leave the room and couldn't help them. It attaches you more to other people than any other game I've played and I can't wait to finish it.

Dec 14, 2009
dimensional said:
Got this game a little while ago and played it through in one go (only about 1 and a half hours long) usually I would be pretty annoyed at spending 10 pounds on something thats over so fast but the game was almost everything I had hoped, I enjoyed every second of it. It just felt fresh and original without being pretentious and needlessly arty, its an experience really more than a game dont expect much challenge here just sit back and enjoy the flow.

Its a shame trophys are attached to it I think it actually detracts from the experience more so than usual in this game.

I havent bought any of the studios other games so dont know how it compares but it really does feel like a fulfillment of a vision just go in with an accepting attitude and I think most people will be satisfied at the end of their (short) journey.
Yeah, it's probably the best 10 quid I ever spent (on a day one purchase, anyway).

It has near perfect pacing and I still can't get over how awesome surfing down that sand dune at sunset was.