Journey Review

Dec 14, 2009
This game is just brilliant.

When people say 'art games' they don't mean pretentious crap, they don't mean interactive novels passing themselves off as games.

They mean Journey.

The game is utterly beautiful, I can't recommend it enough.

If you've ever thought of video games as more than just a 'toy', you owe it to yourself to play Journey.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
That was beautiful.

Well Jim said that this game is "doing it right", so I guess now that I have another reliable recommendation it would be irresponsible not to go get it. So, I'll get it.

Thanks.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Why ONLY PS3 :'( i understand exclusives but even and exclusive tends to show up on steam/PC. Please PC version please! >.<

Dec 14, 2009
1nfinite_Cros5 said:
I really hope Yahtzee gets around to reviewing this. I wonder what it will bring out in him.
I hope it melts his cold, cold heart :D

Let's see how many users with Ammy avatars show up to sing this game's praises.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I cried. It was beautiful.

Also, did they announce the soundtrack, yet? I want to give them more money.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Duffeknol said:
This is the first game ever that made me want to buy a PS3.
You know, if I didn't think I'd get lynched for suggesting people should buy a PS3 just to play a two-hour game....I totally would say that. Because this game is that special. Truly, it's remarkable.

Dec 14, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Duffeknol said:
This is the first game ever that made me want to buy a PS3.
You know, if I didn't think I'd get lynched for suggesting people should buy a PS3 just to play a two-hour game....I totally would say that. Because this game is that special. Truly, it's remarkable.
Subtle Susan, subtle.

But not subtle enough.

I'll get the mob, someone get the torches.

Nelson Goodrich

Jun 22, 2011
I love the way you didn´t talk about the gameplay; a lot of people says that discovering it is half the fun, so I stopped looking for info about this game. But when I saw it was your review I had to take the risk.
One question, I want to play it but can`t do it right now, I dont have a ton of time at this moment; will my experience be dimished if I wait too long and I don`t find someone online to share the journey with me (no pun intended).
As always, I love your work.

Kazedarkwind

Inner Working Reviewer
Nov 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
1nfinite_Cros5 said:
I really hope Yahtzee gets around to reviewing this. I wonder what it will bring out in him.
I hope it melts his cold, cold heart :D

Let's see how many users with Ammy avatars show up to sing this game's praises.
Don't you know the only way to melt someones heart is with a cool island song? or wait...is it melt his icy heart with a warm island song.. hmmm

OT: Like Bastion i picked this game up on a total whim. and like Bastion, was one of those rare games that brought actual emotions out of my cynical mind since the death of Aerith in FF7 and the Opera of FF6 when i was but a young lad. Indie games, i love you lol

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Nelson Goodrich said:
I love the way you didn´t talk about the gameplay; a lot of people says that discovering it is half the fun, so I stopped looking for info about this game. But when I saw it was your review I had to take the risk.
One question, I want to play it but can`t do it right now, I dont have a ton of time at this moment; will my experience be dimished if I wait too long and I don`t find someone online to share the journey with me (no pun intended).
Honestly, yes. The game will still be lovely, of course, but its magic comes from being a shared experience. It won't be the same without that.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
This game will bomb. Why? A serious lack of chest high walls.

To make this game more successful they need to add chest high walls, a death match mode with some vehicles and...well just turn it into a COD/BF clone. Why have originality when you can have the same thing in a different skin?

What's the price of this game? At 2 hours long I would expect a budget pricing.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Nelson Goodrich said:
I can say from experience that the game is still incredible even alone. I was worried the multiplayer would ruin the feel of the game, so I played it with my internet off. I still loved it.