Journey

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Swooping? I have it on good authority that swooping is bad.

I do love it when my eyes don't wander while reading the strip, so the big payoff panel can actually surprise me. Neo-nazis are known for their sensitivity....

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
They both have the exact same model of knockoff wired PS3 controller? Erin and the skinhead are clearly soulmates, and yet they will never meet again.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
This was a really good comic. :D
I also partially agree with your statement on "art games", although I couldn't say how that relates to the Jimquesition, since that video you posted was the one I thought I'd watch to try and see if it improved. I couldn't keep it up for a minute. >.>
But in general I would say that it's not bad to group in all art games together, because no matter what you call them everyone is going to have their own opinion. Take conventional painting art for instance. Both the Mona Lisa and The Scream are considered art, but I still know people who like the Mona Lisa but aren't such big fans of the The Scream. In the end it all comes down to personal opinion, so why not just call them art games and let people decide for themselves.
(Except The Path of course - I can stand Tale of Tales' archaic and self-contradictory nonsense.)

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Zhukov said:
I'm not sure how to feel about the lack of player identification in Journey.

I have a fun time exploring with someone, but then they log off and I'll never be able to see them again. Even if I do happen to run into them, I'll never know for sure if it's really them because there's only one single audio ping to communicate with.

Yes, I realise that that could be interpreted as a fantastic artistic statement about... I dunno... societal isolation or something, but in that case it's a fantastic artistic statement that makes me feel kinda bummed.

Although you could say it's a good kind of bummed feeling... AAARRRG!

Maybe I should just teach myself morse code.
After the credits, it tells you who you played with, identified by name and their symbol.

Honestly, I love the game, one of the best interpretations of multiplayer I've ever seen.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
:/ i wanna play this .... looks pretty and the kind of 'art game' that's actually worthy of the title

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Given the kind of people I tend to run into online (*shifty eyes*), the idea of muzzling all communication with the other player sounds like a plus for this game...

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Fasckira said:
Would love to play this but dont have a PS3 and I dont think getting a PS3 to play Journey is really a good justification! :p
Then i will tell you what is!
The inFamous games (my god they are good), LBP2 (no point getting the first one now), MGS4 is alright but you have to play it correctly (aka humping the floor) also GOW3 is a nice distraction. Sort of.
But it is a reliable-ish console!
Mine hasn't broken since 2006/2007 (when did it come out?).
Not to say that it's healthy, oh god no, we don't turn it on anymore for a fear of breaking it.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Wait... No one else has made the obvious pun yet! Can't... Resist...

Well, I did Nazi that coming!

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Don't be sad about missing out on a good rant. You made one of those pictures that says more than 5000 characters.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Is it possible to be "mildly" corpulent?

That aside, the game does look interesting. Unfortunately, I will probably never get to play it.

Mar 28, 2011
I went through my Journey with the same person at my side the whole way through... Except it was actually 8 different people. I love this game. I was just glad that i had a PS Plus account so i got it a week "early."

CaptDom

Jul 15, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Swooping? I have it on good authority that swooping is bad.

I do love it when my eyes don't wander while reading the strip, so the big payoff panel can actually surprise me. Neo-nazis are known for their sensitivity....
Yeah, they even tell me Hitler was a sensitive man.

Also, good strip this week.

SuperSamio64

Nov 4, 2010
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Fasckira said:
Would love to play this but dont have a PS3 and I dont think getting a PS3 to play Journey is really a good justification! :p
The inFamous games (my god they are good), LBP2 (no point getting the first one now), MGS4 is alright but you have to play it correctly (aka humping the floor) also GOW3 is a nice distraction. Sort of.
Not to mention the Resistance games. Also, your picture absolutely terrifies me.

6SteW6

Mar 25, 2011
Bwahaha one of the best strips in awhile. This game has interested the hell out of me and as soon as I have some spare change I'll pick it up. How is it length wise? It looks and sounds spectacular and for 15 bucks I wouldn't feel too cheated if it were only a few hours long I'm sure I would be playing it more that once anyway.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Fasckira said:
But it is a reliable-ish console!
Mine hasn't broken since 2006/2007 (when did it come out?).
Not to say that it's healthy, oh god no, we don't turn it on anymore for a fear of breaking it.
Firstly, MY EYES! I'll never look at Dr.Phil the same way again!!!!!
Secondly, I love the infamous games as well. (LBP2 is really good too)
Thirdly Ps3 came out in 2006

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I just bought and played through this game today. It truly was an amazing and unique game.

I'll admit it's a little short for it to be $15, but heck, I may play through it again anyway. According to the trophy descriptions, there's a lot I missed.

I also love how they handled the online multiplayer in this game. Players just don't appear and disappear randomly like they would in any other multiplayer game. When a person is leaving a game, they sit down and then the wind blows their bodies away like it was a pile of dust. The creators of the game really made it so that there isn't anything that could break the immersion.

I highly recommend getting this game if you haven't played it yet. It's a short ride, but it's also an amazing one.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
still better love story than twilight, yes thats been used over and over, still said, get over it