Judge Rules Against Pre-Owned Digital Sales

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
I would like to sell my copy of "Mafia 2" which i have as a physical copy. It runs on steam so i can't sell you a working game. How is that going to be handled? My Gamedisc looks like new since i used it exactly once but that isn't going to count for much since that hypothetical market would be flooded with games that are "like new" and actually are like new.

I really would like to know that; i bought a physical copy which uses steam as a platform/copy protection/ whatever, i didn't download the game in digital form. Shouldn't there be stuff in the workings to make this like any other used game purchase?

What about real digital Purchases? Maybe there should be an option to "trade in" the digital game for a monetary loss that grows bigger and makes your game less valuable over time since the game will be less relevant over time, in some cases this happens rather quickly.
If i bought the digital version of "Skyrim" and wanted to sell it now it should be worth more then "Black ops 2".

Oh well, i guess we'll all see eventually. I've bought these games knowing full well that i couldn't trade them in. Which has made me quite considerate about game purchases. There is one game with a playtime of under 200 hours, which is "Dishonored". One might say that having to sit on this increasingly large library of games i can't resell and that wont be of much nostalgic value in 20 years or so because they probably wont work, as opposed to my Master System but that's another Story.