Jurassic Island - Would You Go?

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
I was watching a mashup of all the footage taken from the viral spots for the new Jurassic Park movie, here [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-YREQ4fBaA&feature=youtu.be], which I read about through Film School Rejects [http://filmschoolrejects.com/news/jurassic-world-found-footage-prequel.php], and it got me wondering...

Let's say there was an incident from over 20 years ago that sounded crazy and outlandishly impossible. Someone had created dinosaurs on an island and all sorts of people were eaten. But you didn't actually see it for yourself, and astonishingly, there really was no proof other than anecdotes.

Two years after that, you read about how a T-Rex got loose in California, ate some people, ate a dog, and basically did what we imagined dinosaurs do best, which is kill and destroy stuff. This was in the news and you saw it on TV, or better yet, YouTube. Bear in mind, try and pretend this all really happened.

So in a little while, imagine that another park is about to open up on yet another island. A park full of people-eating, gate-crashing, I'm-gonna-eat-everything-even-if-it's-a-child monsters.

Would you go?

[/spoiler]

*EDIT*
I figure this is worth editing my original post for. A lot of people went through a lot of trouble to make a website for the new Jurassic World Park, here [http://www.jurassicworld.com/]. They even made a website for the fake corporation that bought Weyland Yuta--I mean, InGen, which can be found here [http://www.masraniglobal.com/]. And here's an awesome little interactive map [http://www.jurassicworld.com/park-map/] of the island resort.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
I'd go with a shotgun and try to get some nice game while I'm there.

I'm kidding, but in all seriousness all the movies (including this new one it seems) had all their problems stem from human error caused by stupidity. If OSHA was followed nothing in either the original movies nor this new one by the looks of it would have ever happened.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Zontar said:

I'm kidding, but in all seriousness all the movies (including this new one it seems) had all their problems stem from human error caused by stupidity. If OSHA was followed nothing in either the original movies nor this new one by the looks of it would have ever happened.
Let's say there was some sort of seal of approval (not from the US government; let's say it's far outside the US) but in order to go, you had to sign an all-encompassing waiver. Do you think you would go?

Also, before anyone asks, imagine it's somewhat affordable. A "coupon day" if you will.

I imagine that I wouldn't go, despite the opportunity of a lifetime to see once-extinct deadly creatures.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Frezzato said:
Zontar said:

Let's say there was some sort of seal of approval (not from the US government; let's say it's far outside the US) but in order to go, you had to sign an all-encompassing waiver. Do you think you would go?

Also, before anyone asks, imagine it's somewhat affordable. A "coupon day" if you will.

I imagine that I wouldn't go, despite the opportunity of a lifetime to see once-extinct deadly creatures.
Well I've signed plenty of those waivers, when joining the military, when going zip lining, when rock climbing, when going boating, what's one more to the list? (he asks before going to an island of dinosaurs that always ends with people dead).

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Assuming that the park is able to go a few years without incident and proves itself to be safe, then hell the fuck yes.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I won't go on opening weekend. But if they have a couple of storms and nothing goes wrong, I'll be on the next boat.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I would, sure.

Then again, I am a Yautja (better known as the Predators from the Predator movies). One of the Predators that Danny Glover meets at the end of Predator2 is a relative of mine.

Anyone who isn't a Yautja probably shouldn't go.

Binkan

Oct 14, 2012
So what if that water dino gets out? I'd bet not even the boats would be secure, that thing would tear right trough it and I would prob still go to that island

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Binkan said:
So what if that water dino gets out? I'd bet not even the boats would be secure, that thing would tear right trough it and I would prob still go to that island

Take a helicopter or an aeroplane out, that escaped Liopleurodon can knash it's giant teeth all it likes and won't get any closer ;-)

I'd go right away, seeing real actual dinosaurs and their relatives would be worth the minimal chance of being eaten.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
JoJo said:
Binkan said:

Take a helicopter or an aeroplane out, that escaped Liopleurodon can knash it's giant teeth all it likes and won't get any closer ;-)

I'd go right away, seeing real actual dinosaurs and their relatives would be worth the minimal chance of being eaten.
Eh, if they had helicopters, there'd be no issue. Get yourself a decent PMC, have them fly around in 'copters armed with HMGs in case of trouble.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Pff, I wouldn't go even if the previous events hadn't happened. Sure, resurrected dinosaurs are cool, but I'll be damned if I'll travel halfway across the globe to see some. That shit's expensive. I'll find some footage somewhere else, thank you very much.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Nope, wouldn't go. Don't really find dinosaurs fascinating, and I also don't like the idea of putting myself at risk like that, simply to gawk at some animals that I don't really care about.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Step 1: Setup an exorbitant life insurance policy on myself upon announcement of the park being built

Step 2: Secure a trip to visit the park on opening day

Step 3: Be a total douchebag during the entire trip

Step 4: Beneficiary's Profit

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Huh...wonder if Australians would tend to answer this question different than those from the rest of the world.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I was under the impression that Jurrasic world was a reboot, and that the first three movies didn't happen. Either way, I would go, but not within 2 years of anything new coming out.