Jurassic Island - Would You Go?

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
spartan231490 said:
I was under the impression that Jurrasic world was a reboot, and that the first three movies didn't happen. Either way, I would go, but not within 2 years of anything new coming out.
It's a continuation. They even have a statue of Hammond in the movie. I'm going to bet that Pratt's character comes across the destroyed truck and Nedry.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I would absolutely go... to youtube and watch some Jurassic Park "fails", because people would inevitably show up with cameras to show off how extreme they are at tempting fate. It would be glorious, better then all the movies.

Binkan

Oct 14, 2012
Those Pterodactyls will be a problem for helis tho and I bet that that Geneosarus Rex wouldn't allow a plane to lift off because he doesn't seem to like planes...I mean his cousin in JP3 didn't like planes, atleast his tail didn't anyways.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
thaluikhain said:
I would, sure.

Then again, I am a Yautja (better known as the Predators from the Predator movies). One of the Predators that Danny Glover meets at the end of Predator2 is a relative of mine.

Anyone who isn't a Yautja probably shouldn't go.
Unless you're Danny Glover, or spawn of Danny Glover. I mean that guy is badass enough to take out one of your kind, despite being and looking like your average joe. Totes made Ahnold look like a chump since Danny won the hand-to-hand fight and Ahnold had to be all tricksey.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
I mostly see problems with the costs and having to sit in the plane for a long time.

As for safety: if I followed movie logic the answer would ofcourse be no. Because this is a movie and something exciting has to happen. But the real world doesn't follow movie logic otherwise all police officers would likely dual wield more often. So if the price is reasonable and the travel time not to long. The answer is yes. Although if they want me to sign a document in which I say that the park can't be held accountable for anything that happens to me I would say no as well.

Edit: I forgot to take that T-Rex in California into account. No I wouldn't go, not for all the money in the world.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
In the context that you've laid out in your OP (as in, the context of the actual movie), no. I wouldn't go. Too many fuck ups have already happened for me to go and risk my life.

However, if it wasn't in that context and a similar park opened for the first time in real life, I'd definitely go. I feel like people behind the project in real life would be intelligent enough not to let something like a power-outage allow for all of their dinosaurs to go on murderous rampages.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Nope, because ANY kind of Government couldn't allow this to happen. I didn't saw the new trailer, but come on, do they really have this kind of power to built a new park? This is bullsh*t in my book.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Nope.

I mean there are places where I would want to go (New York, Tokyo and Italy) but I don't actually do anything about it like saving cash for it.

The only time I would consider it is it became super cheap AND (you can't denined it, will be super expensive to go) it has ALOT of countermeasure should the dinosaurs become loose like I don't know underground tunnel and escape ship/ plane at the ready and alot of turrets at the guardpost and alot of rocket launchers.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Depends if getting eaten by dinosaurs is the cool kid's way to die nowadays.

On a serious note, I'd much rather watch those dinos on youtube then put myself at risk, reports of T rexes getting loose and having a merry rampage in a city would make me very wary.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
if they let me bring my weapon then sure id go. oh who am I kidding id still go and have a blast cause while everyone else is freaking out id head to the kitchen and go burt gummer on their asses by making home made high explosives, hell of a way to put those army skills to use:)

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Um...FUCK YES.

That would basically be all my childhood dreams come true, and a fair few of my adults dreams as well.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Probably. Not immediately, of course. I'd want to make sure that they had the kinks worked out first and - knowing what I do about the movies - I'd probably want to devote a good year to doing parkour in my free time just in case Murphy's Law was invoked while I was there and I had to run for my life, but yeah I can see myself going to a place like that.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Only way I would go is if I could stay inside an M1A2 Abrams the whole time flanked by a dozen AH-64 Apaches and forty members of Seal Team Six. That way if dinosaurs do bust out it means there is already an armed force there to combat them. Seriously though they need to have an army actually fighting dinosaurs in Jurassic World.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
IF the park had been incident free for at least ten years and IF I was satisfied after having done my research on their precautionary measures and plans for how to handle escaped creatures, then I would probably go. Then again, I might be just as happy watching video of the creatures. I might also just stick to the parts of the island where there were nice friendly herbivores. I might also brush up on my survival skills and physical fitness just in case.

If they required a signed waiver or if they did indeed start breeding entirely new species through genetic engineering, I wouldn't go anywhere near the place and would be the first to suggest nuking it when shit hits the fan.

I would be that guy that knows exactly where to go and what to do in the event of an emergency there; which is basically how I am the rest of the time.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
If it's not costing me an arm and leg to do so, why the hell not?

The statistical probability of everything hitting the fan while I am there seems relatively low to me. Even more so, since given the movie's premise, the park has to have been well established and present for quite some time. To see something that amazing, I'd be willing to take the risk.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
I forgot to add a poll, but based on my interpretations of people who responded, I have:

8 - Count me in, see you at the seaport!
14 - Hell no, I won't go
6 - Maybe, if all seems safe

[hr]

And remember, folks, the new park would be affordable, if only for one day, in honor of Donald Gennaro, Esq.