Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Just play the normal song. You can pretty easily tell right away :/

Don't you DARE make me like this twerp!

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Redratson said:
*listens to the song completely and has a confused face* Ummmmmmm what the fuck just happened?
Your mind just got blown. Just relax in the afterglow.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Boooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Good lord, I couldn't take much more than 20 seconds of this droning.

VERDICT: Beiber still blows dicks. Time manipulation, even to the extent that would put Majora's Mask to shame, could not help him.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
xXAsherahXx said:
Spinozaad said:
xXAsherahXx said:
Sigur Ros is better.
This, plus pretty much any other ambient artist around.

Still, doesn't sound half bad.
I can't agree by principal.
That's a dumb principle to have, then. Just because the normal track is shit does not make a slowed down/edited version shit, too.

Music is just music. People are too rabid when it comes to their little genres.

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
Easy Evil said:
can someone please make it 800% faster to see if it?s real ?
but I call bullshit on this.
It seems to be the original song, although I can't get past about 20 seconds of the original to compare it with.

However an earlier post shows the sped up version of the slowed down song. It seems like it's the original song.

And it also seems BonsaiK who was trying to tell everyone it was entirely edited didn't actually speed it up himself to test. >_< He just calculated it to be false.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Novskij said:
I call bullshit, the voice and the waves do not appear slowed down whatsoever.

Percussion elements seem to have dissapeared.

Original U smile is 190 seconds(3.10 minutes), times by 800% or 8.00 is 1520 seconds, 1520 seconds/60 = 25.333333333 minutes.

But the "Ambient masterpiece" is around 35 minutes,

Or have i went wrong.
Your theory makes a hell of a lot more scientific sense than this "Justin Beiber accidentally some talent" fiasco.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Mr Montmorency said:
BonsaiK said:
Mr Montmorency said:
BonsaiK said:
zen5887 said:
Yeah, my mind is blown.

http://soundcloud.com/shamantis/j-biebz-u-smile-800-slower

Now, I'm normally not the one to share this kind of stuff but man.. This shit is pretty amazing.
What's really amazing about it is how many people believe it's really Justin Bieber slowed down. It's obviously not (I'm an audio engineer so I'm qualified to tell you this). I got to hand it to whoever wrote the song though - riding off the back of someone else's fame sure is a clever marketing gimmick to get people to listen to your stuff. It's good to see that The Escapist a.k.a. The Great Justin Bieber Free Advertising Machine can actually be used, via threads like this, to promote other artists too.
I just downloaded it and sped it up by 800%. You're wrong. IT IS the song slowed down 800%.

But... it's had a reverb applied to it and a phaser.

For once in your life, BonsaiK, your advice is wrong!
Riiiiight. Sorry but no. Firstly, there's no phaser, not sure what you think phaser sounds like but this isn't it. Secondly, yes there is a ton of reverb. Also, vocals come in (completely different vocals too, lets not ignore this crucial point) at 0:28 on the ambient version and at 0:10 on the original. If it was time-streched 8 times wouldn't the vocals come in at 1:20? Simple maths alone is enough to tell you that this isn't real.

At most, he's using snippets of the original song, time-stretching and then reverbing the shit out of them with some audio editing tool and then repatching it together to make a completely different track. But to say that if you slow down Justin Beiber's U Smile by a factor of 8 you get this - sorry, bullshit. Prove it if you can, but you won't, because you can't, because it isn't true.

Hah... that's kind of funny, cause I went ahead and sped it up.

PROOF!

In short, It was reverberated to shit in post and had at least a phaser of some kind. I use FL Studio, which gives me a lot of authority on this, (hah!) phasers can have enough shit built into them to make them sound nothing like phasers, they can sound like whale noises, for example. I base the phasers on the slow phasing throughout the normal speed version.

I don't know what happened to the beats, though.

Also, how can you not recognise the ear-bleeding coming out of that 5 year old girl's mouth?
Oh right. I take it back, but that's a different version of the song! No wonder I got confused, I'm not familiar enough with the man to pick the right version of his song to compare. If you had posted the following video, I would have understood:

Ironic that I enjoy sticking up for Justin yet I fail the thread due to my lack of knowledge of Justin Bieber compared to other Escapists. I guess that's unsurprising given how much people here unanimously love the man as they push his product on these forums at every opportunity by starting new discussion threads about him every day.

And that's not a phaser. A phaser is a very specific type of electronic effect. What you're probably talking about is "phasing" which is something different, and in this case probably a combination of the original production and an artifact of the shitty time-stretching alogorhithm used (which is why half the music fails when you put it back together, although no doubt the drums were deliberately chopped out by the time-strech guy because they didn't sound "ambient" enough).