Lokithrsourcerer

Nov 24, 2008
Greg Tito said:
thiosk said:
I saw bogus journey in the theater

yikes i'm old
I did too sir. High Five!
I'll third that one

but nothing will make u feel as old as going back to uni as a mature student I have friends I have known for longer than many of my classmates at uni have been alive!

Nikki_Viper

Nov 30, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
This is gonna be non non non non non non non heinous.

But no Rufus. Couldn't be done.
You are my hero for bringing this to our attention!!!

I would go and see this movie in a heart beat. I wonder what kind of take they'd place on it. Would it try to keep up withthe old 80s 90s style, or take a shot at something more modern

SM sneaky ninja

Aug 2, 2010
Wait... what? No! Really?

I've only seen the first one, and of that, bits and pieces. But a trilogy could be cool, if it were done right. And by right, I mean a cool hybrid of the 80's madness and modern suave.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
in the first one they went back in time

in second they went back in time and to hell and heaven and met an alien also evil and good robots

this time hmm other dimensions alternate time lines alien worlds plus the usual time travel robots an heaven hell stuff

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
funguy2121 said:
I enjoyed the first film when I was a kid. Then I saw Wayne's World and realized how much of a dumbed-down rip Bill & Ted really are.
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991)
Wayne's World (1992)

So...Bill & Ted ripped off Wayne's World three years early?

That's pretty impressive if you ask me.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Shjade said:
funguy2121 said:
I enjoyed the first film when I was a kid. Then I saw Wayne's World and realized how much of a dumbed-down rip Bill & Ted really are.
Wayne's World (1992)

I'd say to do further research, but you may not have benefited from having an older sister and that would sound snooty anywho.

Wayne's World first appeared as a sketch on Saturday Night Live in the late 80's. The sketch significantly predated Bill and Ted.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Also: Wayne: "No Way."
Garth: "Way."

Ted: "No Way."
Bill: "Yes way, Ted!"

Wayne: "..which I admit is both bogus and sad."

Bill/Ted: "Bogus..."

Wayne/Garth: "Excellent!"
Bill/Ted: "Excellent!" (air guitar)

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Shjade said:
funguy2121 said:
Wayne's World (1992)

Bill and Ted can time travel, I'd say it is possible for them to rip off the future.

Any ways I've been saying I wanted this movie for years, because they'd be reprising there role as useless teenagers into still useless middle aged men. Of course that means something had to go wrong with there future in which culture isn't based around each other.

Be awesome to each other, pass it on.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Most excellent!

Actually I don't know what to think about this. On one hand I really like Excellent Adventure. On the other I'm worried about making a third movie about 10 years after the sequel. They usually don't go over that well.

But here's hoping. Wyld Stallyns! *Air guitar rift*

funguy2121 said:
Also: Wayne: "No Way."
Garth: "Way."

Ted: "No Way."
Bill: "Yes way, Ted!"

Wayne: "..which I admit is both bogus and sad."

Bill/Ted: "Bogus..."

Wayne/Garth: "Excellent!"
Bill/Ted: "Excellent!" (air guitar)
Well they were both spoofs on a sub-culture. Makes sense that the odd lingo would be used in both.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
gibboss28 said:
If they cast someone new as Rufus...I think I'll pass.
Totally agree. The most I hope they do is the usual with lost actors and such. Refer to said actor's character off-screen ("Yea, he's off doing something else and I'm here to fill in").

If they re-cast Rufus, I'll be passing too

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
humm...
pass!
With no George Carlin I've no interest
oh and Mr Ryan for the classic line:
"It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude."

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Shjade said:
funguy2121 said:
Wayne's World (1992)

The Wayne's World SNL sketch was before Bill and Ted...so...yeah, it kind of did.

But both were good, so I don't have many complaints.

OT: Terrible, terrible idea.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
i'll see it, just to give it a look, but i have no hopes for it. i rather enjoyed bogus journey, but the thing is, the cheesy effects, the teenage characters, fear of military school, that was what made the movie. i don't think it'll work as well, but it's worth a look i guess

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on this. I mean, I liked Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, it was an interesting, inventive piece of movie that really didn't look, act or behave like any other time travel story.

But that said, I have a few questions. One, who was begging for a third Bill and Ted movie? Okay, continuing the story is an okay reason, but was Bill and Ted's story crying out for a continuation? Second, Rufus is too awesome to need to appear in any movie ever again. The guy is cooler than a glacier on Pluto. And third, Keanu Reeves is a terrible actor. I know I shouldn't be talking about how bad his acting skills are unless I can do better, but it's that obvious taht he's just not a very good actor.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
A new Bill and Ted? I doubt it will live up to the awesomeness of the first 2 films

EXCELLENT!

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Um... can we not see another one? Don't get me wrong, I love the first movie, but I don't think a third movie after all this time would be such a good idea.