Kelis slams UK for racism

Chappy

May 17, 2010
You can claim any country of being Racist when you look at it, I wonder if anyone has shown her the collection of facebook walls after the unfortunate events in Japan after seeing that would she then 'slam' America as a racist nation? You see these things aren't as uncommon as people would like to think sadly.

It's sad that this happened but you still shouldn't accuse the nation of being racist because of an ignorant man at an Airport, especially when your words could influence a lot of potential people's opinions.

(Disclaimer - Nothing against America just chose that event because it's the first I remembered.)

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Such behavior should not be tolerated. And no, I'm not talking about Kelis' hyperbole. You people seem to be completely missing the point. Yeah it was a bit much, blaming a whole country on one guy, but considering how EXTREMELY racist the guy was, I cannot blame her for being upset. Jesus, did you guys even read the article?
Using her Twitter account, the American musician claimed she was accused of queue-jumping by a "red faced sweaty man" who called her a "slave" and "probably a disgusting Nigerian" and told her to call him "Sir".

Kelis said that man labelled her "Kunta Kinte" - the name of a slave in Alex Haley's book Roots - and "ranted and raved some more".
That's fucking extreme. I hope he gets fired.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Lukeje said:
Race isn't just phenotypical, it's social. As long as people associate with being Welsh (or people are associated with being Welsh) they continue to be a separate race (according to the very fuzzy definition of race commonly in use, anyway).
So you can be racist against someone purely by what race you SAY they are, rather than what race they actually are?
Of course you can.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
If anything I feel sorry for her son for being related to her. Personally, I think her music is terrible and if she was queue jumping then she shouldn't of done it. Personally I wouldn't of said anything either. But then I would have probably been involved in reading a book so I wouldn't of noticed anything either. But judging a whole country on a few people? That's a bit extreme. Also I think some of that might have been exaggeration on her part. Americans tend to like exaggeration.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
This thread is disgusting. "Oh, he was being a huge racist? Well, Kelis is a bit of a hypocrite and her music sucks so who cares?" What an awful attitude.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
The whole thing is because Kelis got caught trying to jump the que at an airport. She was told to wait it turn like everyone else and then Kelis screams racism. Its not racism to say you not more important than everyone else standing in line. If you wont special treatment then hire a private jet, if not shut up and wait your turn like everyone else

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Overlordkain said:
All I want to know is, did she cut in line?
If she did, does that justify calling her a slave and a disgusting nigerian? Perspective people.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
pulse2 said:
Anyway, enough of my rant, what do you guys think?
She was at the Isle of Wight...Is the Isle of Wight even part of the UK?
More importantly, she was at

[HEADING=1]BESTIVAL![/HEADING]

And she drew a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge crowd. I know. I was in it.

The festival was almost entirely white, but that only works against her opinion. She comes here, performs to 42,000 white people who cheer her on, then encounters one at an airport who insulted her for queue jumping.

Seriously, just don't queue jump here. That way we won't need to smash your kneecaps in. Really, she got off pretty lightly.

Does no-one else see the hypocrisy of a US citizen calling the UK racist?

Overlordkain

Aug 29, 2011
varulfic said:
Overlordkain said:
If she did, does that justify calling her a slave and a disgusting nigerian?
I don't think so, but does one angry racist justify referring to an entire nation with one backwards ass sweeping statement?

Edit: Whoops

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Wait, who?

Oh, and the hypocrisy of her story.... it's delicious. Not to mention to previously stated case were she herself was arrested for racism...

lol?

Chappy

May 17, 2010
varulfic said:
Overlordkain said:
If she did, does that justify calling her a slave and a disgusting nigerian? Perspective people.
As far as I'm aware at the moment everyone is taking it on her word that is the exact words spoken, if we need to get a decent Perspective everyone also needs to be aware of the fact that there can also be exaggeration in the events we are being told at this time.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
After reading this article, I can't help but be reminded of Ian Foot from Come Fly with Me.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
seems to me this woman is one of those blacks who finds every white racist and uses it to get her way yet wont acknowledge the hypocrisy of when she or other blacks spit it out

basically "all crackers are racist and blacks arent, now if youll excuse me, i see some honkeys that need to be reminded that theyre racist based on the color of their skin"

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
I understand her though. She was angry, and we generalize when we're angry. Plus, when one guy says something and officials laugh while no one else does anything, I'd feel ganged up on.