Kevin Butler Brings PSN Video Delivery to the Canadese

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Wandrecanada said:
On behalf of Canada does the US really believe that Canadians appreciate being made the butt of a giant joke of an advertising campaign? I can understand this is how you market to an American audience but when you're trying to win over a nation, racially insensitive jokes are not really effective...

Sure we laugh at things like South Park Canadians because we understand it's satire and really making fun of the people who believe such nonsense. Seriously this is just Sony's gangsta squirrel crap all over again.
Are you serious dude? Wait....are you from Toronto? Cause as I said above here, I found this video hilarious, I don't care if it took the piss out of us, because I take the piss outta the Yanks; its all in good fun so please for the rest of Canada, please pull that stick out of your ass...then go play some hockey with it...eh

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Wandrecanada said:
'Canadian Representation'
RoBi3.0 said:
'Uptightness'
Gently remove the stick from your asses. You will now find jokes more enjoyable and sitting much, much easier.

In all seriousness guys they are poking fun at Canada, stop being so uptight about it. I found the commercial hilarious because I like a good jabbing, keep up the good work KB ^^

dbmountain

Feb 24, 2010
Yeah, we've has a bird as our president... What of it? We've also had polar bears, caribou, and beavers. Hell, we've even had a maple leaf as president! And a god damn boat!

PS: Is he making fun Canadian stereotypes? Or is he REALLY making fun of the stereotype that Americans don't know anything aboot Canada?

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Shapsters said:
Wandrecanada said:
'Canadian Representation'
RoBi3.0 said:
'Uptightness'
Gently remove the stick from your asses. You will now find jokes more enjoyable and sitting much, much easier.

In all seriousness guys they are poking fun at Canada, stop being so uptight about it. I found the commercial hilarious because I like a good jabbing, keep up the good work KB ^^
Suppose it wasn't clear, but I thought the commercial was hilarious. I find Kevin Butler completely laugh out loud funny. I have almost every one of his commercials saves on my PlayStation. That still doesn't change the fact that sometimes he acts like a moron and is kind of a dick. When done right those to things are fraking funny. KB does it right.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Being Canadian I love a good Canada joke... but not when Americans make them.
I also don't really like Kevin Butler. I don't think his ads are that funny or clever, yet everyone worships him like he's a legendary comedian instead of a formulated ad salesman devised to gain Sony more sales and money.

bismarck55

Mar 1, 2010
Wandrecanada said:
On behalf of Canada does the US really believe that Canadians appreciate being made the butt of a giant joke of an advertising campaign? I can understand this is how you market to an American audience but when you're trying to win over a nation, racially insensitive jokes are not really effective...

Sure we laugh at things like South Park Canadians because we understand it's satire and really making fun of the people who believe such nonsense. Seriously this is just Sony's gangsta squirrel crap all over again.
Make... *slam*... It... *slam*... Stop... It hurts...

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
"hampered by the Metric system"
Yer because no one in europe uses the metric system. Actually one of the only countries to have only have a partial adoption is the uk.

Gunner_Guardian

Jul 15, 2009
dbmountain said:
PS: Is he making fun Canadian stereotypes? Or is he REALLY making fun of the stereotype that Americans don't know anything aboot Canada?
I like to imagine the later. After all he's a PR guy, so he'll most likely overdo something and make a fool of himself :p.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Ubermetalhed said:
deth2munkies said:
So damn racist, but so damn funny.
When were Canadians a race?

Still quite amusing. Although not as funny or charming as usual commercials.
The same day Americans were a race.

:D
[sub]In case humour isn't translated over well in text, this is a joke.[/sub]

*edit
Wandrecanada said:
On behalf of myself does the US really believe that Canadians appreciate being made the butt of a giant joke of an advertising campaign? I can understand this is how you market to an American audience but when you're trying to win over a nation, racially insensitive jokes are not really effective...

Sure I laugh at things like South Park Canadians because we understand it's satire and really making fun of the people who believe such nonsense. Seriously this is just Sony's gangsta squirrel crap all over again.
Fixed.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Wandrecanada said:

*cough* speak for yourself stiff shirt *cough*

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Dear God did those pancakes at the end look delicious...

Oh yeah, movie service, cool. Don't own a PS3 so whatever. Funny ad, though I'm surprised by the lack of 'eh' jokes. He seems like a cool guy!

But those pancakes...

Tron-tonian

Mar 19, 2009
The CP style guide switched over a number of years ago. Either is acceptable, but generally, the US version is used.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I like Kevin Butler, but seriously, we Canadians have been hearing the same jokes about us for years, it gets pretty old.

Oh, you pointed at your chart with a hockey stick? It's funny cause Canadians love hockey! Ahahaha...oh wait, that's that the same punchline as every other joke about Canadian hockey.

Americans need to get new material, I suggest taking a page from Kevin Smith: