KFC's Console

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Those are going to be *the grossest* controllers

Word is you get two controllers: the main one is shaped like a drumstick and the aiming peripheral is shaped like a wing. No, it doesn’t sound like they wanted anyone playing with breasts due to potential lawsuits.

Ok not really, but the specs are pretty impressive and it sounds like they’re using components that are at least a step above Alienware. Not sure how or where the chicken would go without getting the thing full of grease and whatnot though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why would they be? Why black people specifically?
Don't play dumb or oblivious. If you actually are, then too bad. KFC does cater and advertise to all kinds, but they do advertise and appeal to us the most. Similar to Popeye's Chicken. It is not that hard to figure out. Plus, add in the stereotype of black people loving fried chicken more than any other food, it's obvious the "genius(es)" in the marketing department, and those that created the damn thing, what they're trying to accomplish. Whether you choose to believe me or not, I do not give a damn.

*stops reaching for the keyboard*
It's true; not wasting money on it. Nor am I expecting many people to buy that shit either. Especially as a Christmas gift. Anyone who buys something like that is an idiot who does not know how to save or spend their money. They will get no sympathy or pity from me on wasting their cash on something so stupid. I got practical gifts for certain friends and family at reasonable prices and not getting super expensive, dumb ass gifts. The same applies to me receiving the gifts too.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
but they do advertise and appeal to us the most.
I disagree. When was the last time you saw black people featured in a KFC commercial?

As far as I can remember the commercials have always been Colonel Sanders describing something or doing something silly.

Just selling fried chicken is not enough to be considered pandering to black people, anymore than selling burritos appeals to Mexicans.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I disagree. When was the last time you saw black people featured in a KFC commercial?

As far as I can remember the commercials have always been Colonel Sanders describing something or doing something silly.

Just selling fried chicken is not enough to be considered pandering to black people, anymore than selling burritos appeals to Mexicans.
If you disagree, I don't really care. they don't need a new commercial to do so otherwise. They've done enough of that back in the 90s and 2000s.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
They've done enough of that back in the 90s and 2000s.
My recollection of KFC advertising does not square with yours.

I think you're the one who is relying on racist stereotypes here, not KFC. That's where your mind immediately went, after all. Your first thought was "lol black people".

Inb4idontcare

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My recollection of KFC advertising does not square with yours.

I think you're the one who is relying on racist stereotypes here, not KFC. That's where your mind immediately went, after all. Your first thought was "lol black people".
All I did was just show what other people think in the marketing department. It ain't that far off the mark. Don't give me the "No, you're the racist stereotype person" bull crap. I've seen the crap you pull off in the current events forum where you support racist, sexist, homophobic web comics. You have no moral high ground so you can screwvoff in this regard. As far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over and I don't care whatever your next response is.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Houseman, can we just have a fun thread dunking on the stupidest console in history please?
Thank you. It's always nice to hear someone with a lot of sense.

Back on topic, it's a stupid console made by freaking idiots. No matter the race, anyone dumb enough to buy it is a fucking moron in my book, and dumber than the guys that are trying selling it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Why call it a console tho? Cuz it's not. It's a PC, fairly high end too it seems, just in a novelty custom case. I guess cuz KFConsole makes for funner wordplay than KFPC?

Reactions: BrawlMan

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Thank you. It's always nice to hear someone with a lot of sense.

Back on topic, it's a stupid console made by freaking idiots. No matter the race, anyone dumb enough to buy it as a fucking moron in my book and dumber than the guy's that are trying selling it.

*Sheepishly puts away wallet*

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Back on topic, it's a stupid console made by freaking idiots. No matter the race, anyone dumb enough to buy it as a fucking moron in my book and dumber than the guy's that are trying selling it.
Hot take: its primary purpose was to get us talking about KFC

And here we are. Just as planned.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Idiots who are laughing all the way to the bank.
Assuming they get that many people to buy it. Like I said before, they're idiots for either trying to sell it or the people are even dumber for trying to buy it. I don't care either way.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Assuming they get that many people to buy it.
No, you don't understand. The entire purpose of this whole marketing stunt is to get PUBLICITY. To go viral. To become a meme.
And it has succeeded.

It doesn't matter if they lose a bit of money from the actual PC. The free advertisement they're getting now is going to make up for it ten-fold. When all is said and done, they'll have turned a profit.

The fact that you don't see what they're doing, and can't tell that this is an advertisement, shows just how susceptible and malleable you are to this sort of thing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No, you don't understand. The entire purpose of this whole marketing stunt is to get PUBLICITY. To go viral. To become a meme.
And it has succeeded.

It doesn't matter if they lose a bit of money from the actual PC. The free advertisement they're getting now is going to make up for it ten-fold. When all is said and done, they'll have turned a profit.

The fact that you don't see what they're doing, and can't tell that this is an advertisement, shows just how susceptible and malleable you are to this sort of thing.
I understand all of it, I just don't give a shit.

Reactions: tippy2k2

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I understand all of it, I just don't give a shit.
I very much doubt either of those are true.

You only thought they would turn a profit if they got people to buy their PC, which meant that you didn't know that their true purpose was advertising until I told you.

You care because you continue to post in this topic, about this subject. Your constant "pretending not to care" schtick is just a "sour grapes" defense mechanism and way of saving face whenever a conversation doesn't go your way.

It's okay to admit that you didn't know something.
It's okay to care about things.
It's okay.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I very much doubt either of those are true.

You only thought they would turn a profit if they got people to buy their PC, which meant that you didn't know that their true purpose was advertising until I told you.

You care because you continue to post in this topic, about this subject. Your constant "pretending not to care" schtick is just a "sour grapes" defense mechanism and way of saving face whenever a conversation doesn't go your way.

It's okay to admit that you didn't know something.
It's okay to care about things.
It's okay.
Believe whatever goes on your loopy head; I'm done with this back and forth. I know myself well enough and I don't need you trying figure shit out for me. Good day, enjoy Christmas/whatever Holiday you celebrate, and shove off. Because the subject ain't even about KFC at this point. You are boring me.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A scosh
Houseman, can we just have a fun thread dunking on the stupidest console in history please?
Dare to dream...

OT, this is absolutely ridiculous. A partnership between two entities no one in their right mind would ever have imagined collaborating pretending to compete in a market dominated by other, well-established and "legitimate" entities has all the trappings of a throwaway underdog comedy; somebody get Will Farrell on the phone.

If this IS actually a thing, the person responsible for the elevator pitch that gave it legs deserves to be shoved down said elevator's shaft. If anything, this is a PR stunt. If any, they might produce a limited run (novelties available via raffle or as prizes for some 2021 promotion,) but you'll not see a "chicken warmer" next to the PS5/Xbox SX on store shelves.

Now, a console that doubles as a booze cooler, THAT'S something I can get behind...

Reactions: BrawlMan