Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Houseman, can we just have a fun thread dunking on the stupidest console in history please?
I thought the damn thing was a joke until it actually came out. I suspect I'm not alone in this.

Would this be a runner up?

Not so much the idea but the price point? $400 for a souped up Atari. Especially considering you can play these games in your browser if you really wanted it? And I can buy a Nintendo Switch for $300.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
If you visit their Official website , they're using all the sweet words that gamers like to hear: 4k, VR support, 240 fps, etc.

IDK, the whole thing is screaming "Stadia + chicken heater"

I wonder what's next? Coca-cola making a console with a drink cooler? Or the Turbotax console that does your taxes while you play?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Its basically a high-end prebuilt PC with a customized food warmer compartment, if you care to look into it.

I'm man enough to come out and say it: I want one.
And when the next, highly-anticipated AAA title is delayed because of hiccups caused by developing around this console's grease trap components, we can all blame you.

j/k (or am I?)

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Oh shit its real? I thought this was some sorta' prank on console gamers. But sure, a crumbling, grease covered, rotting chicken smelling console is what every frat bro wants to move back into his parent's house next spring!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
If this IS actually a thing, the person responsible for the elevator pitch that gave it legs deserves to be shoved down said elevator's shaft. If anything, this is a PR stunt. If any, they might produce a limited run (novelties available via raffle or as prizes for some 2021 promotion,) but you'll not see a "chicken warmer" next to the PS5/Xbox SX on store shelves.

Now, a console that doubles as a booze cooler, THAT'S something I can get behind...
Are you in luck!
Meet the Bud Light BL6 gaming console!
Featuring a place to cool two (2) beverages, a built in screen projector, two (2) controllers, two (2) hours of internal battery power, and six (6) games: Tekken 7, Soul Caliber 6, RBI20 Baseball, Broforce, and BL6 exclusives Flashlight Freeze Tag and 6 Puck (air hockey)

Attachments

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
This is stupid because my mid-tower PC case can fit so much more chicken than that console.

Proof:

Did you really think I was going to put chicken in my computer? -_-

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Now, a console that doubles as a booze cooler, THAT'S something I can get behind...
I thought the damn thing was a joke until it actually game out. I suspect I'm not alone in this.

Would this be a runner up?

Not so much the idea but the price point? $400 for a souped up Atari. Especially considering you can play these games in your browser if you really wanted it?
Are you in luck!
Meet the Bud Light BL6 gaming console!
Featuring a place to cool two (2) beverages, a built in screen projector, two (2) controllers, two (2) hours of internal battery power, and six (6) games: Tekken 7, Soul Caliber 6, RBI20 Baseball, Broforce, and BL6 exclusives Flashlight Freeze Tag and 6 Puck (air hockey)
Thanks 2020.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
My assumption is Brawlman doesn't think that, but was merely making a flippant off-color joke. You'd have to ask him. On a side note, I am very disappointed you have a fast food chain called Popeyes that does not seem related to the cartoon character in any way.
Probably, yes.

Funny story, in the plaza near me there are, in adjacent units. Popeyes chicken Popeyes supplements (protein powder etc).

The latter being the one that licenses the character.

And I imagine often a hilarious confusion with people calling in orders.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
It's true; not wasting money on it. Nor am I expecting many people to buy that shit either. Especially as a Christmas gift. Anyone who buys something like that is an idiot who does not know how to save or spend their money. They will get no sympathy or pity from me on wasting their cash on something so stupid. I got practical gifts for certain friends and family at reasonable prices and not getting super expensive, dumb ass gifts. The same applies to me receiving the gifts too.
The point I was getting at was that you invoked stereotypes against black people which made me fidget uncomfortably, until I saw that you used the word I, from which I inferred that you're black and therefore read your post a whole different way.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The point I was getting at was that you invoked stereotypes against black people which made me fidget uncomfortably, until I saw that you used the word I, from which I inferred that you're black and therefore read your post a whole different way.
Glad we came to an understanding. Like I said, a majority of us ain't touching that shit and we know it is nothing more than a marketing stunt. Now you go enjoy Christmas or whatever Holiday you celebrate. Have a blessed day, and spend time with those you know you can. Stay safe. I gonna enjoy my Christmas.

Reactions: Bedinsis

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Not only is this the worst timeline, it's even worse than initially thought: we're in the Robocop timeline.
Nah, this isn't the worst timeline. That's one of the "Nazis win the War" timelines.

This is just the stupidest timeline. Which Robocop might qualify for. Either that or the super mario bros timeline(the movie, not the games/show).

Reactions: Mister Mumbler