Khan May Actually Be In Star Trek 2

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Just had a thought, maybe instead of a Latino playing a Sikh, maybe we could get a actual Sikh or at least an actor from the Indian sub-continent?

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
I seriously don't want Khan in the film. It would seem done just for the sake of it, and no one could really play him better than Ricardo.

I say go for a new enemy.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I dislike JJverse and I never really cared to Kahn as a villain. I don't want to see this movie, but the trekkie in me is forcing me to give it one more chance.
Also, my dilemma will disappear is Shatner makes a cameo.

Feb 13, 2008
octafish said:
Just had a thought, maybe instead of a Latino playing a Sikh, maybe we could get a actual Sikh or at least an actor from the Indian sub-continent?
So we could get Khan with the Sikh-ness?

[sub]Sorry, but I couldn't waste that one[/sub]

Trikeen

Feb 17, 2009
I hated the Star Trek reboot, and if they fuck up Khan, I will personally burn down the house of every person involved with the project.

adamtm

Aug 22, 2010
Who will play him at this age? Robert Pattinson?

Will he sparkle? Will they have a fight with lightsabers? Can we expect Green Matter to make an appearance?
Maybe they could have a scene where Khan and Kirk make out and Spock eats an apple.

So many questions....

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
marioman360 said:
I hated the Star Trek reboot, and if they fuck up Khan, I will personally burn down the house of every person involved with the project.
Yeah, I can get behind this. Call upon me if you want help with it.

The-Fletch

Mar 19, 2011
I don't think having Khan in the new film would be a very good idea. That story line has been done, and done well.

If anybody who doesn't know who Khan is and is interested in all the fuss, I'd advise that you watch the TOS episode "Space Seed" before watching Star Trek II. It fills you in on the whole back-story.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I...don't know much about Star Trek obviously heh

loved the reboot film tho. The Next Generation is on Netflix now, so that's something I might look into

TheDist

Mar 29, 2010
marioman360 said:
Part of me wants to agree, I'm not fond of damn near any recent reboots. However the other part of me wants these reboot mad guys to make one so bad that it causes the trend to stop.

Torn between nerd rage and wanting to see it all come down in flames.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
The Borg always were more of a foe to Picard and Janeway. Putting them up against Kirk wouldn't make any sense...

SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
aashell13 said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Who is Khan and why is he so important?
Khan? genetically engineered evil super-genius and buff dude. Once upon a time he was an evil dictator a la Hitler, but he takes off into outer space when his empire is overrun. Kirk & friends find his drifting spaceship and wake him up out of suspended animation, whereupon Khan becomes a 100% Grade-A pain in the ass.

EDIT: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Khan_Noonien_Singh
Sounds sweet. You know, I may actually have to watch that Star Trek movie.

No, I havent watched it. Please dont kill me.
Don't worry, we'll give you a week to watch a Star Trek movie. Doesn't even have to be the old ones. It just has to be one. Nemesis wasn't too bad in my book, but there's a slightly high bar for knowing lore (particularly regarding Romulans), so I would recommend either Incerection or First Contact if you can't stomach the older movies.

Of course, God help you if you fail...

[/what is clearly meant to be a joke and shouldn't be taken in any other way]

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
So everyone has to follow the Nolan formula now? Do the origin stuff in the first movie and introduce the best-known villain in the second? Nolan started it with Dark Knight, and the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies are clearly following suit. Even Green Lantern was obviously trying to set up Sinestro for the sequel. Lightning in a bottle, guys.

Let's hope JJ Trek 2 actually has a plot this time, eh?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
octafish said:
Well, wouldn't Khan be in suspended animation onboard the Botany Bay? Using the same basic origin story the original series used would be a good way of introducing the character again. But who to cast? Javier Bardem?

EDIT: Just read a rumor suggesting Nestor Carbonell AKA Batmanuel. OK you may know him better as Richard Alpert from LOST or the Mayor from The Dark Knight.
exactly, people who watched the show know that you have to set up his backstory before he appears. and i dont think they can remake a 1 hr episode into a movie without adding in ALOT of extra stuff.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Hell, I'm not even a big fan of Star Trek (I find their bizarre slightly communist Federation too idealistic) but even I admit that Wrath of Khan is one of the best science fiction movies ever. It's got an amazing plot that centers around the notion that both Kirk and Khan are both getting older and they have to accept that fact. The only reason Khan is in it (he was a very minor character on the show I believe) was to illustrate how Kirk's past actions had consequences and would come back to bite him in the ass. It's a great story due to this, and just randomly having Khan show up in the new movie series completely defeats the point of his character.

I mean, no offense to Abrams but I have yet to see him construct a story as well as Wrath of Khan. A good comparison is this:

This is the big 'quote worthy' dialogue from the bad guy in the new Star Trek:

And this is Khan's quote worthy dialogue in Wrath:

See the difference? One is awesome, the other is not (and yes, I'm aware that Khan's quote comes from Moby Dick). Good luck getting as godly an actor to play him as well.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
That's it. Star Trek Is Dead.

Now I'm going to go watch City on the Edge of Forever [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_on_the_Edge_of_Forever] and curse this non-canon Giant-Reset-taken-too-far mess of contemporary fashion statements that has become Star Trek.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
There are so many good star trek enemies to play with, khan is just one. V-jer from star trek movie 1, tholians, the giant cone thing, the pizza monster.

I really liked the reboot, I thought it was super fun. The trek "fans" hated it but I assume that was because there wasn't 2 hours of old men in makeup sitting around a table talking space politics.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Going on the basis of all the winers in this thread, I really hope they do include Khan in the next Star Trek film.

It would make the experience of watching the film in the cinema all the more satisfying, knowing how that it driving all you winers into such a futile rage. Do us all a favour and stay in. You can always watch Wrath of Khan on DVD on your old VCR, or something.