Killing Floor Vs Magika

Taunto

Jan 9, 2009
I have enough money to buy one of these two games on steam and i personally cannot decide which what are your thoughts on what i should buy escapist?

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I preferred Magicka, but that was because I'm always the wizard in fantasy games and loved the gameplay mechanics.
Killing Floor is still pretty good, though.

Squidden

Nov 7, 2010
Magicka is a very fun game, and the developers can use the support. Killing floor is certainly fun, but gets boring after a bit. I recommend Magicka.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Magicka. Killing Floor is alot of fun, but it's damn near impossible to find a good match. It's alright on solo though.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I would go with killing floor, magicka is cool but I found it rather hard to get into

Brownie101

Feb 10, 2009
Ehh...I found it depends. Do you have friends who have Magicka and who'd play it with you? It wasn't a whole lot of fun in Solo. Online matches are usually password protected and if you do get into one, chances are there'll be somone killing everyone.

Killing Floor on the other hand, I've always managed to find a good online game for normal difficulty. It's near impossible to get a bad team that gets you all killed and it's killing zombies.

So it's really all about your taste and how often you want to play online, in my opinion.

Valdsator

May 7, 2009
Killing Floor is on sale, so get that. Then once you have enough money again, buy Magicka. It was on sale recently, shame you didn't buy it then.

Unless, you won't have enough money for a long time. Then get Magicka. It's definitely a coop game, so make sure you have friends to play with.

Taunto

Jan 9, 2009
Well right now im just looking at games on steam that are under 15 dollars and i already have tf2 and portal so these are the only ones that really interest me

Om Nom Nom

Feb 13, 2010
Impluse_101 said:

I win the thread.
To contrast:

Killing Floor is much more action-horror orientated, and takes itself more seriously than Magicka. They're both very good games though, and it is worth getting both.

psicat

Feb 13, 2011
Taunto said:
Well right now im just looking at games on steam that are under 15 dollars and i already have tf2 and portal so these are the only ones that really interest me
Buy Magicka through GamersGate and Killing Floor directly through Steam they are both on sale right now and you can get both for under $12.50 or $15.50 if you want the complete pack for Magicka.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Having just recently purchased Killing floor, My vote goes to that game. While I don't think it has the potential to be a hundred hour time sink, the asking price of ten bucks has already easily been paid in full.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Magicka is genius.

Very funny, great gameplay, just overall fun.

It's more about fun than anything else.