Killing yourself: Could you do it?

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
"You will remember this day as I took a situation of near certain death and turned it into one which became a situation of certain victory."

TheJim

Feb 24, 2009
Never ever. Giving up (at anything) is not an option for me. Also I love myself too much xD

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Estocavio said:
For something made in a rush, its of decent quality - And it stands out, which is equally noteworthy.
So yes, id say i like it.
Incidentally, the colors are well picked for the images in each one.
The one and only flaw i can see is that the Escapist symbol tends to look a bit bland in comparison, but hey, nothings perfect
8/10
I shall make the logo shiny!

I was going to the first time, but I didn't bother, lol.
Yes well, now you have inspiration :)
Have fun with that

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Nah, I'd rely on hope. Why would I give up when I could get the same result, and possibly better, if I just wait and see.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Fight until the bitter end. I've learned this recently. Its not worth it otherwise. Fight on, fight on until your very last breath has been drawn.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Negative

I'm too damn stubborn to give up, no matter what's going on. If someone's trying to kill me, they better be damn sure they succeed, or I'll hunt their ass when I recover.

DELTA x WOLF

Feb 11, 2009
Knowing my amazing luck if I was sure I would die I would still hold out till the end. Only because something good woulod happen if I stuck it out

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
If it looked like there was no hope of living and I was going to be going through hell should I let myself live a little long, yeah I would take my life. It depends on how I would be able too. If I had a gun or a sharp weapon, I would use that, or if I could use a poison capsule. But if it realied upon me using some method that wasn't as quick or painless, then I won't try. Although martyring myself is also another reason why I would do it.

Normally though I wouldn't turn to suicide. I only see it as a last-ditch effort to avoid stuff like torture or a horrible existance.

Edit: And to those who say that suicide is for the weak. No it's not. Who's the one who's to afraid to take their own life, hmm? You are. You're too afraid of what might be waiting on the other side. These people have the courage to take their own life in sometimes very painful ways, so that others won't be hurt. That's pretty damn brave if you ask me.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
wc alligator said:
CrazyMedic said:
wc alligator said:
Suicide is for self-absorbed whiners.
I would never do such a thing if I think it would cause someone grief.
god people like you piss me off. lets say your father is a solider in a vietnamese prison camp, he has bamboo shoved under his finger nails, his are teeth drilled down to the gum line and all while doing this they are breaking bones and he is given a shot at killing himself, you think he is a whiner because his family might be sad, you sir are self absorbed if you think he shouldn't kill himself.
Yes, guy, the first thing that comes to my mind in a gaming forum is people getting fucking tortured in a war that ended 35 fucking years ago. This argument could have only been cheaper if you used Godwin's law.
It makes no difference what time period your from if you are in EXTREME UNBEARABLE PAIN and you have a chance to end it you are not self absorbed, he simply wants to stop the pain. What do you think the family of him would want, for him to be tortured to death or to go out quickly....think about that one.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
if death was coming soon, and it would hurt like hell if he comes in about ten minutes, why keep him waiting..
then again, i've decided not to die.
like never.
i think it cannot happen.
i can't figure out what happens if I just died.
I think it's a matter of personal beliefs, but i think my soul or whatever is too stupid to die out.
mmh
but i think I could. but i Think it will be like this guy:
[link]http://www.southpark.nl/clips/sp_vid_155596/?searchterm=Night%20of%20the%20Living%20Homeless[/link]

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
Yes i would, but only in a 100% chance of death, an the death has to be painful. if those circumstances are meet than i will take the medication called bullet. However if it is one guy torturing me and i have the chance to shoot myself....just shoot the guy and i will be on my way.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
Even if there was only the slightest chance ,no matter how infinitly small, that I could survive, I would suffer through any amount of pain for that.

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
No, suicide is a mortal sin in Christianity, you'd go to Hell for it.

However, I think the Bible's a little fuzzier on indirect suicide.