Kim Jong Il has died....

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
CulixCupric said:
yeah, i heard about this earlier. I had/have nothing against him, and even though people didn't like him, he was/is still a person, and his death was/is unnecessary, even if it was by train wreck. death needs to be avoided, and no one should get to decide who lives or dies, for there are always unseen circumstances, and we do not know the wheel of fates. I think this world might have been better if he didn't die, because the next ruler of North Korea could be worse, and Kim was doing a good job, the entire country was stable, and in good working order, it was efficient. people may have seen him as a tyrant, but he was just keeping things running efficiently.
:youmustbenewhere:
Also, he really didn't do a good job. He made NK an enemy of the US. You really can't do any worse then that.

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
Neko Pounce said:
Snoozer said:
I doubt that someone better will take over, but it's not impossible - I mean how could they find someone worse? He has no son hasn't he? I hope for the situation in korea to stay stable or maybe even get better.
Read the other posts sir, or maddam. He has a son, and this son is going into power.

There's no improvement here, but it's good to know that f**ker suffered.
Damn it. Since I'm actally at work right now so I dind't read the rest. Well didn't make any sense if he hadn't got a son, I just never happend to hear about one before. In that case it's almost certain that things wont change.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Good riddance.

I'm not really opposed to celebrating a subjectively evil man's death, so fuck that guy. One less asshole in the world.

Let's hope his son is either sane or someone takes care of him. Also hope that the South Koreans manage to make it out okay. Who knows what's about to happen.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I just realized that his name was Kim Jong-IL, I always read it as Kim Jong II. (the second), I should watch more news instead of just reading them.

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
The world's more likely better off without him, though it's anyone's guess what Kim Jong Un will do in his place.

That said, there's already footage of people mourning his death. Regardless of whether or not the emotion is genuine, the video is, for lack of a better term, unsettling:

<youtube=pSWN6Qj98Iw>

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
CulixCupric said:
yeah, i heard about this earlier. I had/have nothing against him, and even though people didn't like him, he was/is still a person, and his death was/is unnecessary, even if it was by train wreck. death needs to be avoided, and no one should get to decide who lives or dies, for there are always unseen circumstances, and we do not know the wheel of fates. I think this world might have been better if he didn't die, because the next ruler of North Korea could be worse, and Kim was doing a good job, the entire country was stable, and in good working order, it was efficient. people may have seen him as a tyrant, but he was just keeping things running efficiently.
I wonder who else had a relatively stable country.... let's see.

Kim Jong Il instilled a cult like hold on the people of his country with no freedoms, kidnapped and attacked civilians from South Korea, and much much more.

But hell, at least the country was stable.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
First thing geez, they pretty much weep the same way when Kim Il-sung died.

Second thing, Kim Jong-un must be in alot of pressure as the weight of the country fall on him if he is to succeed his father.

Third thing, I would like to think that without him ruling it, the country would open up to the rest of the world but I don't think this will happen any time soon.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
shado_temple said:
The world's more likely better off without him, though it's anyone's guess what Kim Jong Un will do in his place.

That said, there's already footage of people mourning his death. Regardless of whether or not the emotion is genuine, the video is, for lack of a better term, unsettling:

<youtube=pSWN6Qj98Iw>
Well, even if he was crazy, he was damn good at creating his 'cult of personality.' I suppose after 17 years of being taught Kim Jong Il is your saviour and your protector, you're going to be distraught when he passes away.

It's a different place over there, I don't think anyone in the West could really understand it in this day and age.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
SillyBear said:
"Meh" sums up my opinions here - I'm really only concerned for the safety of South Koreans - but even if it did come to war South Korea and allies would wipe the floor with the idiots.
No concern for all the poor bastards stuck in North Korea? They're probably in bigger trouble than the South Koreans.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
SpiderJerusalem said:
shado_temple said:

<youtube=pSWN6Qj98Iw>
Well, what do you expect? These people are have been brainwashed since birth and for generations to believe that the man was as a living God, who could do no wrong, who led their country only towards eternal glory. All the while its population was starving to death. It's probably the most insane and intriguing case of total isolationism that allowed an entire nation to be cut off from the world and essentially be left behind in time (reports from caught spies are essentially confirmation, their idea of the modern world is stuck somewhere in the early eighties).
Ninja'd on the whole brainwashing thing for that video. It was unsettling, unsettling people have been brainwashed to be like that.

Good riddance I say, but I can't be North Korea getting better because of it any time soon, in fact, I think it'll only get worse.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
shado_temple said:

<youtube=pSWN6Qj98Iw>
That right there my friend is a perfect, if not THE perfect example of one of these:

Yes...perhaps I just wanted an excuse to post the song.

Apr 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Interesting that when Christopher Hitchen goes, then "God takes all the good ones"; but when Kim-Possibre goes then "Satan reclaims his own".

God doesn't get much a good press these days, does he?
Of course. Don't you know how these things work? Anything bad that happens is totally God's fault because He... allowed it to happen, or something. Anything good that happens is... well it could be any number of things, apparently.

And most people who say this stuff are Atheists, at least from what I've seen. I kind of find that funny. Could just be the areas I lived in, but still.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
But who wirr now read the grorious peopres reprubric into a new era of peace and prosperity?

It always amazes me how they can keep a straight face, calling themselves "communists" while having a monarch.

Who cares anyway, it's not like he had ANY power.