Kindness of America Author Shot Himself for PR

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I was pretty 'meh' at the first part of the news.

So I don't feel anything about this news as well.

I guess the world just doesn't surprise me anymore.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
never heard of him before, so yeah, free publicity works, ahem.
Thing is, there are people who do exactly the same, dont admit they lied and get away with it. There is a very good reason i am promoting a "camera everywhere" way of verifieing facts. because victims lie.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Kargathia said:
octafish said:
That is why you should hire proper PR instead of doing it yourself. A proper PR person would have shot their client for them and ensured no-one got banged up for it either.
Indeed. You should leave the PR stunts to the professionals.
So you consider EA's PR department professionals?

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Antonio Torrente said:
Kargathia said:
octafish said:
That is why you should hire proper PR instead of doing it yourself. A proper PR person would have shot their client for them and ensured no-one got banged up for it either.
I still have the sneaking suspicion EA's marketing department consists of monkeys flinging poo at ideas pinned up on the wall of their cage.

... Shooting yourself for publicity does kind of sound like something they'd do, actually.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Between this and the tropes4women girl using the trolls and uproar to get a retarded amount of cash, I'm feeling rather cynical now :\ I guess this is what the pursuit of wealth leads to when that is the main measure of success in our society.

-10 optimism
-5 faith in the goodness of man

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Kargathia said:
Antonio Torrente said:
Kargathia said:
octafish said:
I still have the sneaking suspicion EA's marketing department consists of monkeys flinging poo at ideas pinned up on the wall of their cage.

... Shooting yourself for publicity does kind of sound like something they'd do, actually.
You're right, it would be a miracle it they didn't do something like this (Dante's Inferno and Dead Space 2 comes to mind). So by any chance they would do a retarded stunt like this, what kind of game do you think they would be promoting?

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Antonio Torrente said:
Kargathia said:
Antonio Torrente said:
Kargathia said:
octafish said:

You're right, it would be a miracle it they didn't do something like this (Dante's Inferno and Dead Space 2 comes to mind). So by any chance they would do a retarded stunt like this, what kind of game do you think they would be promoting?
Well, lessee... EA release schedule has... Crysis, Overstrike, MoH, C&C Generals, and Dead Space. Not mentioning of course the plethora of sports and Sims XYZ games. (Katy Perry's Sweet treats... whaddafuq...)

I'd bet on crysis. Probably something involving making nano-suits and encouraging people to get shot in them. Fine print of course states that they're not responsible for anything.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Well suffice it to say, mission accomplished for that guy. People will buy his book for all the wrong reasons now.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Kargathia said:
Antonio Torrente said:
Kargathia said:
Antonio Torrente said:
Kargathia said:
octafish said:

Well, lessee... EA release schedule has... Crysis, Overstrike, MoH, C&C Generals, and Dead Space. Not mentioning of course the plethora of sports and Sims XYZ games. (Katy Perry's Sweet treats... whaddafuq...)

I'd bet on crysis. Probably something involving making nano-suits and encouraging people to get shot in them. Fine print of course states that they're not responsible for anything.
Damn, we just gave them ideas didn't we? I will be feeling guilty if they actually did it. Anyway, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats? really?! WTF is that?!