Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Review

Matvejs

Apr 6, 2010
Like said in the review, "if you can get past the overwhelming elf-ishness, you will like it" - I couldn't (although I haven't had problems with this in the past). Combat was great and, for me, made up for the lack of immersion in the story. (Any suggestions of a similar game, but with a more darker/"mature" feel to it? thanks in advance :) )

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
I didn't mind the praising of the combat in the reviews, but when I finally played it, and after trying out all the different weapons and upgrading a couple of them to unlock new moves, I suddenly realised I was grinning like an idiot. Seriously, the combat in this game is AWESOME.

This game is basically the good version of Fable. It's Fable with good combat, a really big world, a crapload of sidequests, and oh so much variety.

svenjl

Mar 16, 2011
Diegolomac said:
I didn't mind the praising of the combat in the reviews, but when I finally played it, and after trying out all the different weapons and upgrading a couple of them to unlock new moves, I suddenly realised I was grinning like an idiot. Seriously, the combat in this game is AWESOME.

This game is basically the good version of Fable. It's Fable with good combat, a really big world, a crapload of sidequests, and oh so much variety.
Spot on. This is a FUN game that puts a smile on my face. Skyrim was super, but a bit grim. This is vibrant - a true fantasy game!