Koei Tecmo Pays Employees to Have Kids

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
paypuh said:
Flap Jack452 said:
paypuh said:
Isn't that technically prostitution?
...no, the employees are not forced to have children. I also assume the company will make sure the child was born by the employee's wife, or if the employee was a girl she didn't get knocked up in order for a bonus.
I'm talking about getting paid to have sex. And don't be so serious. I'm just joking around...even though it does sound suspiciously like prostitution.
Only if they demand that they he or she haves sex. They don't say anything about using invitro-fertilization or spunk filled turkey basters. Eww I regret thinking that as soon as I typed it.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Well, this is the same country that has at least 20% of it's gaming market invested in eroge games. Hence, sex games. So is this really that surprising?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Reading all of this makes me happy I live in a small insignificant country with sparse population and negative population growth. At least we're doing our part to shrink world population. Are you? :p

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
WhiteTigerShiro said:
WrongSprite said:
Malygris said:
$1000 is not a good enough reason to have a kid. $23,000 sure doesn't justify having three.
I beg to differ.
You clearly don't know how much money it takes to properly raise a child. If I wasn't planning on having a kid with my (hypothetical) wife because we felt we couldn't afford it, it would take a lot more than one grand to coax us into it.
I'm sorry, did I mention that I'd raise them?

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
paypuh said:
Isn't that technically prostitution?
Ignore Flap Jack, I think you're right; it just might actually count. I mean, they are after all being paid to have sex. I've seen a couple of people respond with 'oh but they're not being forced' but then again neither are most prostitutes, they choose to become one.

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
He sure as hell doesn't look like he lives in his mum's basement.
Yes he does. :)

I'm aware of the stereotype and am also aware that most gamers are not fat and greasy 33 year olds living with their mum. Many of them are skinny, most are not greasy, and the age varies. Quite a few actually don't live with mum.

The one thing I tend to find in common among us all is the lack of physical activity. Most of us are just more motivated to play a game than pump iron or play a sport. You don't have to be fat to be unhealthy.

Though having said that, physical activity alone != health.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
WrongSprite said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
WrongSprite said:
Malygris said:
$1000 is not a good enough reason to have a kid. $23,000 sure doesn't justify having three.
I beg to differ.
You clearly don't know how much money it takes to properly raise a child. If I wasn't planning on having a kid with my (hypothetical) wife because we felt we couldn't afford it, it would take a lot more than one grand to coax us into it.
I'm sorry, did I mention that I'd raise them?
I don't really know what you're referring to, but I'm pretty sure it would disqualify you from being able to earn the cash reward (or it would be taken away if you'd already gotten it)... plus the possibility of other legal penalties.

reaper_2k9

Keeper of the Beer
Oct 22, 2008
When I read this i was more concerned about the children that will result from it, whose going to raise the child if both parents have to work in order to just scrap by. They also seem to put the figure in dollars which if you convert say a grand into yen I dont think it goes that far (too lazy to see how many yen that equals).

If two people want to have a child it shouldn't be for monetary gain because they cost far more than what this company is paying its employees to have them. I would hate to see what happens to these children if they are only loved because they brought their parents some scratch.