Kojima Productions Teases Next Game

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
pha kin su pah said:
I see the tears of furious PS3 fans when they announce MGS4 for the 360....
Oh god, please do not make me cry........please... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.113141#2035035]

Jul 9, 2008
roastbeefy said:
orannis62 said:
Considering that I may have been the only person on the face of the earth who didn't hate Raiden in MGS2, I can safely say that Keane's interpretation sounds cool.
I also didn't hate Raiden in MGS2. Bet you don't feel as special now, do you?

But yeah, I do want another Raiden game, especially if you can use the sword again.
Yeah, that'd be cool. I remember going through the VR missions for Ninja Raiden in the original Xbox's version of MGS2: Substance so much. I really wish that Microsoft had made that game backward compatible for the 360.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
You know, this could be a new project. When I look at the scene, I'm actually reminded of Flower.
I think Raiden is actually less likeable than the petals, maybe him just floating around with no dialogue? This could work!

]

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
Jumplion said:
OMG OMFG OMG OMGOM OMGFOMGOMF !#%!@#%!#$^15!@% 2#%!

SEE THAT CLOUD IN THE TOP RIGHT?!?!?! IT LOOKS LIKE SOLID SNAKE!#@$ AND IF YOU FLIP IT AROUND AND MOVE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE AD WITH THE CLOUD THAT LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER FACE AND TURN IN 180 DEGREES IT LOOKS LIKE THE POWER SIGN OF THE 360!~@$!@$!@# AND TAKE TWO OF THE BOTTOM LEAF GRASS AND PUT IT AT THE CENTER, MOVE BOTH 90 DEGREES, THAT FUCKING EQUALS 360 DEGREEES!!#%!@!@$

MGS (maybe 4) IS COMING TO 360!@!#%$!# MGS (maybe 4) IS COMING TO THE FUCKING 360!#%^@#$%@$5

I swear to god if that happens, I'll cry myself to sleep. That's not to say I'd care if this was another MGS game and if it did go to 360, but I swear to god if this happens I will cry...

Still, I can't freakin' wait! Who knows what Krazy Kojima will think up of?
Woah.
That is very intricate and complex indeed.
Put down that tray of cocaine.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
He was being sarcastic. A reference to the "The next Metal Gear Solid is! = (!)" tease.

I'm saying Z.O.E because thats what I want, damnit.

SenorFuzzeh

May 14, 2009
Well personally, even if Kojima does make a new game, I think that the game series was better off left where it was. It was an amazing game with a great ending and it was a good place to end it. Im not saying i think it would be bad, because all the games are good. Im just saying it seemed like a good place to end the story. Maybe its just me, but even if they do make a new game im not gonna complain, i'll probably even resevere it.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
actually, someone says its likely to be a Wii game called Tornado Outbreak that Konami have listed.
I don't know whether to be happy that i was sort of right or a bit pissed that they ruined my attempt at humour.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Wizzie said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
actually, someone says its likely to be a Wii game called Tornado Outbreak that Konami have listed.
I don't know whether to be happy that i was sort of right or a bit pissed that they ruined my attempt at humour.
...Do you control these tornados with Jehuty?

IF NOT, I HAVE A BUILDING TO BURN DOWN.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
He was being sarcastic. A reference to the "The next Metal Gear Solid is! = (!)" tease.

I'm saying Z.O.E because thats what I want, damnit.
Same here.
Brotherofwill said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
You know, this could be a new project. When I look at the scene, I'm actually reminded of Flower.
I think Raiden is actually less likeable than the petals, maybe him just floating around with no dialogue? This could work!

]
Now that's just wrong.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
I don't know why, I kind of saw a lion when I looked at the clouds. I don't know. I'm always looking forward to more MGS though.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Oh my god oh my god oh my god *hyperventilates*
Deep breaths Marc, control yourself. There, that's better. I really can't wait to hear what Kojima Productions are up to next, I'm a huge fan of their work.

Ollie596 said:
Hmmm a Raiden game, I dunno it might work but MGS3 just put me off Raiden knowing he was Volgin's *****.

Poor Snake :(
Nah, that wasn't Raiden, Raiden wasn't even born back then, it'd make him older than Solid Snake and boy is that guy old!
It was just a random that happened to look suspiciously like Raiden, I think to help with that "I love MGS2" prank Kojima pulled at the start of the game, boy was I fuming before I figured out that was just a mask.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Eagle Est1986 said:
Oh my god oh my god oh my god *hyperventilates*
Deep breaths Marc, control yourself. There, that's better. I really can't wait to hear what Kojima Productions are up to next, I'm a huge fan of their work.

Ollie596 said:
Hmmm a Raiden game, I dunno it might work but MGS3 just put me off Raiden knowing he was Volgin's *****.

Poor Snake :(
Nah, that wasn't Raiden, Raiden wasn't even born back then, it'd make him older than Solid Snake and boy is that guy old!
It was just a random that happened to look suspiciously like Raiden, I think to help with that "I love MGS2" prank Kojima pulled at the start of the game, boy was I fuming before I figured out that was just a mask.
I know it wasn't Raiden but did make me laugh you gotta love Kojima and his crazy ways!

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Ollie596 said:
I know it wasn't Raiden but did make me laugh you gotta love Kojima and his crazy ways!
Indeed you do, some of the things in his games are pure genius, like for instance being able to kill The End before you get to his boss fight. And Meryl's codec frequency in the first game, jebus that took me ages to figure out!

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Eagle Est1986 said:
Indeed you do, some of the things in his games are pure genius, like for instance being able to kill The End before you get to his boss fight. And Meryl's codec frequency in the first game, jebus that took me ages to figure out!
Ahh god Meryl's codec that did take me a while and The End was just a classic, the cutscene was the golden moment for me in that game.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I like Raiden dammit. I was most annoyed about the Raikov thing, since it was so blatantly there to please the angry mob. Bah.
I want a Raiden game. But I suppose more Big Boss would be rather awesome too.