Kojima Reveals Figurine Prototype of Metal Gear Solid V's Quiet

Yagami_Kira

May 18, 2012
Lovely Mixture said:
Yagami_Kira said:
Except every female he's ever written is a cliche broken bird that could be used as the trope picture on tvtropes because of how cliche they are. The only one even remotely stable is Eve. Just because kojima has a fetish for abused women doesn't mean he needs to subject the rest of the world with that crap.
Why? Cause you don't like it? What about those who do like it? Why can't artists, writers, and like MAKE fetishized characters. Why should they conform to an audience that doesn't like it

He does the same thing for his male characters to. Yes, he uses abundant cliches, doesn't make it wrong.
Because glorifying and sexualizing abuse is wrong. It is always wrong. There is never a time when sexualizing abuse is good. And no, he doesn't do the same thing for his male characters. His female characters are all abused wank fodder. His male characters are all male power fantasy trips.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Yagami_Kira said:
Because glorifying and sexualizing abuse is wrong. It is always wrong. There is never a time when sexualizing abuse is good.
Why? No one is being harmed.
So it's just wrong and should never be allowed because it makes you uncomfortable, and because there's a subset of small retarded human beings that think it justifies abuse?

For the rational minded people who find abuse to be sexy, what do you suggest?

You are on a forum for videogames, a medium under fire for "glorifying murder." Don't you see how silly your mode of thought it.

Yagami_Kira said:
And no, he doesn't do the same thing for his male characters. His female characters are all abused wank fodder.
They are broken birds in different ways. They are sexualized as well, perhaps not as much, but they are sexualized.

Yagami_Kira said:
His male characters are all male power fantasy trips.
Yes. Raiden, a character who was SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BY A FEMALE FAN, is a male power fantasy trip.

Yagami_Kira

May 18, 2012
Lovely Mixture said:
Yagami_Kira said:
Because glorifying and sexualizing abuse is wrong. It is always wrong. There is never a time when sexualizing abuse is good.
Why? No one is being harmed.
So it's just wrong and should never be allowed because it makes you uncomfortable, and because there's a subset of small retarded human beings that think it justifies abuse?

You are on a forum for videogames, a medium under fire for "glorifying murder." Don't you see how silly your mode of thought it.

Yagami_Kira said:
And no, he doesn't do the same thing for his male characters. His female characters are all abused wank fodder.
They are broken birds in different ways. They are sexualized as well, perhaps not as much, but they are sexualized.

Yagami_Kira said:
His male characters are all male power fantasy trips.
Yes. Raiden, a character who was SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BY A FEMALE FAN, is a male power fantasy trip.
Raiden who could be drag and dropped into any anime as the male lead because he's generic japanese-standard anime strong male? Yes. He's a power fantasy in his culture. I'm not going to address the other points because frankly you disturb me that you don't think its wrong to portray abuse as something sexually desirable.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Yagami_Kira said:
Raiden who could be drag and dropped into any anime as the male lead because he's generic japanese-standard anime strong male? Yes. He's a power fantasy in his culture.
He's a power fantasy sure. He's also meant to appeal to women.

Yagami_Kira said:
I'm not going to address the other points because frankly you disturb me that you don't think its wrong to portray abuse as something sexually desirable.
Or you could address my points.

From your user name, I can see you like Death Note, a manga series that was criticized for glorifying murder. Why do you consider this ok and not sexual abuse? Cause sexual abuse is a special kind of evil? It's a double standard.

I don't think it's wrong to portray abuse as something sexually desirable because I firmly believe that art should have no boundaries as long as no one is hurt directly.

Yagami_Kira

May 18, 2012
Lovely Mixture said:
Yagami_Kira said:
Raiden who could be drag and dropped into any anime as the male lead because he's generic japanese-standard anime strong male? Yes. He's a power fantasy in his culture.
He's a power fantasy sure. He's also meant to appeal to women.

Yagami_Kira said:
I'm not going to address the other points because frankly you disturb me that you don't think its wrong to portray abuse as something sexually desirable.
Or you could address my points.

From your user name, I can see you like Death Note, a manga series that was criticized for glorifying murder. Why do you consider this ok and not sexual abuse? Cause sexual abuse is a special kind of evil? It's a double standard.

I don't think it's wrong to portray abuse as something sexually desirable because I firmly believe that art should have no boundaries as long as no one is hurt directly.
When someone is murdered, they're dead. When someone is abused they will carry that abuse with them their entire life. Glorifying and sexualizing abuse is loathsome and only one step removed from rapelay. And hiding behind "lolart" is just that. Hiding.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Yagami_Kira said:
When someone is murdered, they're dead. When someone is abused they will carry that abuse with them their entire life.
And that person's relatives? They're going to carry that for the rest of their lives. Trigger warning is not an argument.

Yagami_Kira said:
Glorifying and sexualizing abuse is loathsome and only one step removed from rapelay.
I could say the same thing about videogames, murder, warcrimes, etc. A statement is not an argument.

Yagami_Kira said:
And hiding behind "lolart" is just that. Hiding.
How is it hiding? You can criticize art, advocating censorship is.....censorship

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I'd spend the effort to create an argument for or against the design of this character, but i just saw Katie Perry mostly naked in a music video on tv.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i'm not objecting to the sexualization in general, but underboob and cleavage? sorry but that's just really impractical, it would just slip off all the time...

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
*sigh* Well thats just great, really makes perfect sense for a sniper guys...

Don't get me wrong I like revealing clothing as much as any heterosexual male, but I prefer for it to make sense in the context of the game, this is just doing it because "we can" (also was it really necessary to do both cleavage and underbreast?

I mean this is just pathetic pandering.... Great design, idiots...

You do know that characters can be wearing attire, that is both sexy and makes sense for their profession right?

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Lunar Templar said:
*looks up, see mostly naked female figure*

yup, that is certainly a thing.

Raiyan 1.0 said:
I like how people's defense of this basically amounts to "But-but-but MGS always had stupid female character designs! Therefore they're beyond reproach!"

As for the sexing up of Raiden and Snake - ummm, hello? Those are not their default get-up.
I like how it's not really a defense and more 'nothing to see here, move along.', least that's the vibe I've been getting from it.

Yeah so she looks like she walked off the set of a DoA game outfit wise, meh, *grabs and turns you toward many other games, then toward anime* explain to me why I should care again?

Besides, Riaden was but naked for most of MGS4 and pretty much all of MGR, when it wasn't a joke :p
Err, I'm not a fan of the Metal Gear series but wasn't Raiden at that point little more than a skull attached to a cyborg body?

As for you 'caring' some people don't like being pandered to along with anything that could be linked to Tropes vs Women (I forget what the full name of that silly series is called) of podcasts being instant flamebait on The Escapist.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Ed130 said:
Err, I'm not a fan of the Metal Gear series but wasn't Raiden at that point little more than a skull attached to a cyborg body?
>.>

Yes, that was in fact the joke I was making

As for you 'caring' some people don't like being pandered to along with anything that could be linked to Tropes vs Women (I forget what the full name of that silly series is called) of podcasts being instant flamebait on The Escapist.
uh huh ... so?

Some people don't like being pandered to, and that's fine, and while there is a problem with such things, and it does need to be sorted out, I can't help but feel there's a lot of 'band wagoning' going on cause its the 'hot issue' right now.

Quellan Thyde

Jul 11, 2011
This isn't serious, right? Kojima just put this out to troll everyone with an indefensible character design, and he's saving the actual, sensible one for use in the real game. Right? Right?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Ill buy the game just to find out the reason why she wears that. Maybe she just normally snipes people at beaches so needs to hide in plain sight. lol. But knowing kojima i bet it will be something about her being raped or abused and thats why she wears what she wears because those were the clothes she was left in. An will not change into proper clothes till she kills the man that did it to her. Kinda like not moving on with her life. Sounds sad but its still pretty stupid. Personally, what ever reason it will be its just an excuse.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Hmm. A pistol belt with ALICE clips against bare skin, plus the thigh rig. So much detail, and yet so little real world knowledge. That's vidya games for ya. No biggie.

Oh right, and jump boots with no socks. Awesome.

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
*snicker* You know what's ironic about this? Speaking as an artist who draws rule 34 type of stuff, very very seldom does intentionally making a character this way actually gain that kind of fan work, unless you actually give them a good design. And... this is not a good design. It just looks kinda lazy and silly.