L4D2 Banned

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/102/1025650p1.html

good fun being australian at the moment

update: it has been banned due to violence in the game under item 1.d) which states that a game will be banned if its deemed 'inappropriate' for a minor to play or even see it.

also steam wouldn't allow it to be downloaded in australia, if you download it you can't play across steam and even if you could we'd have to play on american servers which means alot more lag which is no fun for anyone.

here is the actual report: http://www.news.com.au/files/left%204%20dead%202-%20classification%20board%20decsion%20report.pdf

ALSO - aslong as the world is laughing at aus might aswell point out to you yanks/brits/kiwis/etc a grand assclown stephen conroy is trying to censor the internet here and its getting scarily close which not only bans everything violent, graphic or sexual it also slows down our already ridiculously slow internet, i swear in my wow playing days my guildmates who lived in a swamp in korea next to a dogmeat factory had better internet than me..........

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
o.0 WTF????

EDIT: well at time like these i need to kick my takeover Australia plan into action sooner than i thought.

C'mon k rud we need a "R" rating.

Flishiz

Feb 11, 2009
Man, it's like Germany and Australia are in this constant struggle to outdo each other in making gamers miserable.

Jul 9, 2008
Wow. Way to go, Atkinson. No offense to Aussies, but I'm glad I'm not Australian right now.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Those poor Ausies; first Steve Irwin and now this!?

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
there is a way around this

you could just download it?

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
Flishiz said:
Man, it's like Germany and Australia are in this constant struggle to outdo each other in making gamers miserable.
I still reckon germany is winning, they had nippleless people in aoc taking pretty much the only good element out of that game.

imo i dont think it will stick, they seem to just like being tards and they'll do something like turn the blood black. its kinda like when they banned FALLOUT 3 because of drugs refs and that still got here only slightly tampered, still its freaking retarded

Bloodeye

Aug 25, 2009
Sigh. As an Australian I'd like to complain but I'm afraid the secret police would take me away for speaking out against the glorious regime.

Jul 9, 2008
popdafoo said:
What? That doesn't make any sense... it's not even that bloody...

I am severely confused.
Actually, apparently, L4D2 will be more bloody, complete with dismemberment and chunks of head being blown away.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
Huh.*ebay and amazon pull out their cash registers* This might be fun to watch the valvE fanboys on this one. Thanks Canada for your 'I don't care' attitude.