Large Hadron Collider May Prove Parallel Universes Exist By Spring

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
Signa said:
Jeeze, holes to other dimensions? That actually makes this guy sound just a tiny bit sane. Just a tiny bit.

That guy is hilarious! I'm going to have to listen to this guy the next time I get drunk/high.

His rant reminded me of the movie Contact,

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
now I haven't read up too much on this before, but what SHOULD we expect to find if this is "true"? Realistically, will be able to do anything with it in the near future besides say "oh, cool, we can prove this."
It's hard to say. Proving string theory would change the way physicists look at the world, and that could mean all manner of cool things being done. But I don't think anything cool will spring from it directly in the near future. I don't think we'll be popping into alternate universes for vacations any time soon, for example. But the secondary affects could be very interesting. It might finally allow us to find a complete unified energy theory, for example. If such a major theory gets proven, it can change things in unpredictable ways.

Sep 14, 2009
spartan231490 said:
gmaverick019 said:
now I haven't read up too much on this before, but what SHOULD we expect to find if this is "true"? Realistically, will be able to do anything with it in the near future besides say "oh, cool, we can prove this."
It's hard to say. Proving string theory would change the way physicists look at the world, and that could mean all manner of cool things being done. But I don't think anything cool will spring from it directly in the near future. I don't think we'll be popping into alternate universes for vacations any time soon, for example. But the secondary affects could be very interesting. It might finally allow us to find a complete unified energy theory, for example. If such a major theory gets proven, it can change things in unpredictable ways.
that's what I figured, but thought I would ask just in case there was SOME relevant ideas right now that would greatly benefit by the results of this.

Still, hopefully this produces results we can work with...

[HEADING=3]FOR SCIENCE![/HEADING]