Laws of physics broken as a perpetual motion machine was invented

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Yeah.. Friction. Forever the bane of perpetual motion machines.

Bicycle parts aren't going to cut it.

skibadaa

Jun 13, 2009
vallorn said:
the laws of thermodynamics (one of THE fundamental sets of laws!) expressly state that you cannot get something from nothing and that since no system is "perfect" (E.G entirely no release of any energy whatsoever) every system must have a constant injection of energy to keep it going. (if anyone says stars get there energy from nowhere i will shove the Nuclear Fusion equations up thier ***)

so until i see a set of data provided by an impartial observer and screened by a team of other scientists. im calling this a HOAX.

oh and i apologize for the tone... im a little drunk.
ChocoFace said:
First, let's recite the first rule of thermodynamics, shall we? It says that neither matter nor energy can be created or destroyed. Energy can be changed, moved, controlled, stored, or dissipated, but it cannot be produced from nothing or reduced to nothing. I guess the inventor of this machine didn't learn physics well enough in school, or something.

Dubbed the Alpha Omega Galaxy Freefall Generator, this device uses the power of gravity to produce more electricity than it consumes through perpetual motion.

This is what it looks like. It's mostly made from standard, run-of-the-mill bicycle parts (also the reason it cannot fully be patented) and uses a windscreen-washer motor. The inventor, a Somerset engineer, whose name isn't included in the article, predicts a fully commercial version of this could power a house.

link is here, with some extra clarification and a nifty video, as i'm sure this needs to be seen to be believed.
http://www.infoniac.com/hi-tech/latest-invention-perpetual-motion-device-that-produces-power-from-gravity.html

So, raise of hands - energy crisis solved or not? Also it's name. Just, wow.
This is just a toy really, i assume you are also aware of the bedini circuit? the rodin coil? the rodin starship coil? hemisphere quantum energy generators? direct line perpetual generators? no?? then you should probably do some reasearch. There is over 700 Megawatts of electrical charge in the form of movable and free electrons/positrons in every cubed meter of space, create the right electromagnetic and harmonic conditions and you can tap this charge. The science of this was discovered, proven, patented and locked away over a century ago by Nikola Tesla. Why? MONEY!! What else but MONEY. Over unity devices are easy tech to build, and they dont break the laws of thermodynamics, thats just what THEY tell you so you wont be up in arms about having to pay through the arse for petrol/gas/oil/coal/nuclear fueled power solutions. Did you know that you can make petrolium out of thin air using focused sunlight? Did you know that with a handfull of easily available chemicals you can create over a thousand cubic feet of hydrogen in minutes? There is no energy crisis, the only crisis is the general belief that we dont have the tech to create limitless free energy, because we do, and have done so for the entirety of the 20th century. What we dont have is a social/political system that allows for ANYTHING to be free or limitless and a public that actually cares about science and mathematics.

the_abhorsen

Mar 15, 2009
AugustFall said:
Eugh, if it's real it's not breaking the laws of physics. It's using gravity to create electricity. Energy is conserved.
Consider it as two seperate systems, granted, one side converts potentail into kinetic and creates a downwards motion. The other side still has the same kinetic engery, yet is CREATING potential energy by moving it away from the earth.

If you're going to dismiss the conservation of energy you may as well throw away all of modern science.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
If it's the real deal (it probably isn't), I give him three days before someone finds him floating down the river.

Sunstrike

Mar 29, 2010
As a skeptic, I will not believe a word of this story until atleast a year of rigorous controlled scientific testing run by people with no prior connection to the inventor is performed.

Seriously there have been "perpetual" motion machines popping up for hundreds of years, and they almost always turn out to be fakes, made by people just looking to get famous. Show me that theirs no hidden generator, no faulty electrical readings, no man behind the wall turning the damn thing then MAYBE I might consider believing this.

If your going to try breaking several hundred years of accepted science and technology you better be fucking brilliant, and be able to stand up to the full scrutiny of the entire scientific world.

Sunstrike

Mar 29, 2010
skibadaa said:
vallorn said:
the laws of thermodynamics (one of THE fundamental sets of laws!) expressly state that you cannot get something from nothing and that since no system is "perfect" (E.G entirely no release of any energy whatsoever) every system must have a constant injection of energy to keep it going. (if anyone says stars get there energy from nowhere i will shove the Nuclear Fusion equations up thier ***)

so until i see a set of data provided by an impartial observer and screened by a team of other scientists. im calling this a HOAX.

ChocoFace said:
First, let's recite the first rule of thermodynamics, shall we? It says that neither matter nor energy can be created or destroyed. Energy can be changed, moved, controlled, stored, or dissipated, but it cannot be produced from nothing or reduced to nothing. I guess the inventor of this machine didn't learn physics well enough in school, or something.

Dubbed the Alpha Omega Galaxy Freefall Generator, this device uses the power of gravity to produce more electricity than it consumes through perpetual motion.

This is what it looks like. It's mostly made from standard, run-of-the-mill bicycle parts (also the reason it cannot fully be patented) and uses a windscreen-washer motor. The inventor, a Somerset engineer, whose name isn't included in the article, predicts a fully commercial version of this could power a house.

link is here, with some extra clarification and a nifty video, as i'm sure this needs to be seen to be believed.
http://www.infoniac.com/hi-tech/latest-invention-perpetual-motion-device-that-produces-power-from-gravity.html

This is just a toy really, i assume you are also aware of the bedini circuit? the rodin coil? the rodin starship coil? hemisphere quantum energy generators? direct line perpetual generators? no?? then you should probably do some reasearch. There is over 700 Megawatts of electrical charge in the form of movable and free electrons/positrons in every cubed meter of space, create the right electromagnetic and harmonic conditions and you can tap this charge. The science of this was discovered, proven, patented and locked away over a century ago by Nikola Tesla. Why? MONEY!! What else but MONEY. Over unity devices are easy tech to build, and they dont break the laws of thermodynamics, thats just what THEY tell you so you wont be up in arms about having to pay through the arse for petrol/gas/oil/coal/nuclear fueled power solutions. Did you know that you can make petrolium out of thin air using focused sunlight? Did you know that with a handfull of easily available chemicals you can create over a thousand cubic feet of hydrogen in minutes? There is no energy crisis, the only crisis is the general belief that we dont have the tech to create limitless free energy, because we do, and have done so for the entirety of the 20th century. What we dont have is a social/political system that allows for ANYTHING to be free or limitless and a public that actually cares about science and mathematics.
Give me the links to your several dozen large well founded studies, performed by real researchers with real credentials that all agree with your findings.

I know people love a good conspiracy, but seriously, give me the proof, not the verbal diarrhea about how much the government hates you.

the_abhorsen

Mar 15, 2009
Ickorus said:
I'll always be a skeptic but I do hope it's real.

By the way guys, stop with the entire laws of physics are always right crap, did you even know it was recently discovered that the laws of physics actually vary across the universe?
You're refering to the fine structure constant, it does not prove that they are "crap" just that they might not be the same everywhere. They work prefectly fine except for one expermental obsevation that might just end up being a lens error, which considering they were looking serveral [stupid large number] of light years away and [stupid, stupid large] number of years ago, is not too suprising.

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
If its not repeatable, its not science. So I'll believe this once about ~1000 of these machine have been made by ~1000 different people.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
skibadaa said:
vallorn said:

ChocoFace said:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa
Petroleum from thin air???? Really??? Are you serious???? Troll much???? Are you powering your vehicle using this technique? Or are the men in black threatening to chop your balls off if you do?

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
The challenge facing any designer of a perpetual motion machine is that perpetual motion machines are impossible.

A few seconds of choppy footage doesn't change that.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
I would've called it the Dynamic Infinite Continuous Kinetic Machine, or the D.I.C.K. Machine. Come on man, when you get a chance to name something, make it count!

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Choppaduel said:
If its not repeatable, its not science.
While I agree with your scepticism, your argument is questionable. By that logic, paleontology, astronomy and evolutionary biology are all classed as "non-science".

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
mikespoff said:
Choppaduel said:
While I agree with your scepticism, your argument is questionable. By that logic, paleontology, astronomy and evolutionary biology are all classed as "non-science".
that statement is true in the context of testing hypotheses, not in of the fields themselves.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Choppaduel said:
mikespoff said:
Choppaduel said:
that statement is true in the context of testing hypotheses, not in of the fields themselves.
Yeah, I'm just pointing out that hypothesis testing does not necessarily involve repeatable experiments. In this specific case it's appropriate to look at replication as a useful benchmark, but as a broad statement it goes too far.

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
mikespoff said:
Choppaduel said:
mikespoff said:
Choppaduel said:
Yeah, I'm just pointing out that hypothesis testing does not necessarily involve repeatable experiments. In this specific case it's appropriate to look at replication as a useful benchmark, but as a broad statement it goes too far.
What non-repeatable experiments have been used to validate hypotheses? I don't know any. I was under the impression that sometimes its acceptable not to rely on experiments because performing one is impossible(or close to it). But when you do create an experiment, you must be able to create another identical experiment which has exceedingly similar results, otherwise you can't make the claim that your theory is scientific. In short, I thought it was either none or many. also, that one is not actual evidence.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Tharwen said:
Wicky_42 said:
Lord Kloo said:
Jesus Phish said:
Wicky_42 said:
Eh, bull. If it was serious, it would be up in a few more mainstream publictions, lol. Also, what is the article on about here?
The inventor will not be able to fully patent the Alpha Omega Galaxy Freefall Generator. He will only be able to patent certain parts of the machine. This is because the device claims to be a perpetual motion machine that generates more power than it uses.
You can't patent a perpetual motion machine? Why not?!
You can't patent it because it's using bike parts. He didn't make those bike parts, nor the plans for them.

I'd be very interested to see if this is real or not. I'd love to see some more proof of it and what kind of output of energy it gives.

Ampersand said:
*sigh* you said it, it uses gravity to produce more electricity then it consumes. It's utilizing acceleration due to gravity and converting the kinetic energy into electricity. I'm sure that very clever but it's not perpetual motion.......this is simple stuff people.
It looks like more of a generator, but it looks like a very clean and safe one.
There isn't a single patenting board in the world that will accept to patent PMM unless they see visual and scientific proof by government officials.
There are patents for flying nuclear-fusion powered cars... You can patent anything, evidently.
That patent is for the invention of a flying vehicle powered by nuclear fusion, not for a nuclear fusion reactor. It protects the design from infringement by any other flying vehicle powered by a nuclear fusion reactor.

The patent in question here would be for a perpetual motion machine, which can't be filed since none have been invented yet.
k, cool, I can dig that - it actually makes sense. Though it is still bizarre that there are patents for applications of technology that doesn't even exist yet... anyone had a stab at patenting a space elevator yet, lol?