Layton Creators Working on New Ace Attorney?

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
From memory, I had no problem with Apollo Justice. It was fun, and different. But yeah, at every corner I tried to find what Phoenix was up to. So the choice is either they get rid of Phoenix entirely or they get rid of Apollo entirely... hmm I mean Phoenix could settle down with Maya. Run the Wright Anything Agency, go on a trip overseas. Something.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I don't get the iffy attitude I'm getting from people here aren't both these franchises really good puzzle games?

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Funny enough, im playing through the first two right now, I would like to see a different story as a prosocuter, but thats just me

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'd laugh if it was basically major parts of all the Phoenix Wright games put into one game, with everyone wearing top hats.

But yeah, might look into it. I've only played the second Ace Attorney game, but that was hecka' fun, as were the Professor Layton games.
Because I like jinxing things... how bad could it be?

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
NeutralMunchHotel said:
Psychosocial said:
"Apollo Justice 2!"

You all know this is what it will be, and if you have any even slightly decent taste in videogames, you know this is not a good thing.
Taste in video games? Really?

OT: I enjoyed Apollo Justice and don't get all the hate for it.
Likewise. After 3 games of Phoenix I was happy to see a new lead character who is similar but not identical, while Phoenix remained in the game as not only one of the primary support characters, but also as the chessmaster behind your actions. That was neat. And Trucy was cute. The only thing that really bugged me was the near-complete removal of the original series cast except for Ema (who wasn't even FROM the original games, she was added to the DS remake of the first) and the Judge. None of the other characters were even MENTIONED. I want to see Apollo Justice 2 just so they can rectify that.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
NeutralMunchHotel said:

Neither do I. Apollo's ability was pretty crap, but other than that the game was still pretty solid. And episode 2 is probably one of the funniest things in any of the Ace Attorney games.

Anyway, the only way they can screw up is if they put sliding block puzzles in the game. Holy fucking crap-nuggets I hate sliding block puzzles. If they put sliding block puzzles in my Ace Attorney I will be shouting some mighty loud "OBJECTION!"s at some game developers.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Arcane Azmadi said:
NeutralMunchHotel said:
Psychosocial said:
"Apollo Justice 2!"

You all know this is what it will be, and if you have any even slightly decent taste in videogames, you know this is not a good thing.

Likewise. After 3 games of Phoenix I was happy to see a new lead character who is similar but not identical, while Phoenix remained in the game as not only one of the primary support characters, but also as the chessmaster behind your actions. That was neat. And Trucy was cute. The only thing that really bugged me was the near-complete removal of the original series cast except for Ema (who wasn't even FROM the original games, she was added to the DS remake of the first) and the Judge. None of the other characters were even MENTIONED. I want to see Apollo Justice 2 just so they can rectify that.
Gumshoe was in the flash back chapter, Also Investigations had brought more characters back than any other game, so the kind of rectified it even though it took place between the games. Still no sign of Maya though.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay. I am so excited. I hope it's Apollo Justice two... I think frankly that's probably the best game in the...

Psychosocial said:
"Apollo Justice 2!"

Excuse me, what? Did you not play the game? (That question is very important.) Well... To each his own.

Apollo is a solid character because... Well... He goes in with at least some resemblance of intelligence. I loved Phoenix, but he BS-ed his way through all 3 games, and even (kind of) through AA-AJ. Apollo actually felt like he knew the info, and used it well.

Phoenix works better as a mentor. I like the direction the character took. Looking forward to it.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
This is all well and good but seriously. Wheres my news about White Knight Chronicles 2. I want to know if NA is getting it or not. Or if its even been translated or not D:

koops

Mar 17, 2009
Flashback cases! I love them, they are my favourite cases in the three newest games. We should start out as Mia, then do Phoenix next, do some investigating with edgey, franziska and gumshoe then finally finish it off with a joint effort court case with Apollo, Phoenix and Edgeworth trying to convict the main villain. (totally payne)

Unguarded Toast

Jan 22, 2010
John Funk said:
Psychosocial said:
"Apollo Justice 2!"

Apollo Justice was easily the worst in the series (and contrary to popular belief, I think it was *because* of Phoenix's involvement), but it was still an entertaining experience.
Honestly I think it was more due to Apollo's 'braclet of power' that the game turned out shitty. That in combination with the entier perception mode. I'd even say Apollo Justice almost had more in common with Trauma Centre (<--- Not good) then it did with the Ace Attorney series due to it's baseless powers crap.
And yes, some may post the magatama about now, but that thing was more in the line of human inituition rather then the braclet who was just plainly magical or some shit, end of story.

Basicly: Phoenix Wright = Approve, Apollo Justice = Disapprove.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I really hope it will be a new game. I really like them and can't wait to get some new informations.